2021 Preseason Practice | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Preseason Practice

Fernandez...that just sucks. He seemed to have made a full recovery after the first one as well.

Fernandez...that just sucks. He seemed to have made a full recovery after the first one as well.
It certainly does, happened very early in the fall. Appreciate Cuse staff and trainers easing kids back then after longer than usual layoff nm. Medical advances, kid will put in work again and be back next year.

Greg Grunlien and Jerry Ragonese have been previewing FOGOs by conference, the below video is their take on the ACC. They both are very complementary of all the units, not a lot of “negatives” thrown around, but they both seem high on Syracuse. I think most of the fogos out there work with these two so they have pretty in-depth knowledge. Ragonese picked Phaup to be a future All American, Grunlien didn’t dispute it just thought he would be splitting a lot of reps with Varello (who Ragonese also singled out). Anyway, a fun listen, I am very curious to see how the Orange handle the new rules, but sounds like Phaup especially has been impressive over the summer. Also want to mention that they gave Jack Savage a shoutout as well (in fact I think they mentioned all SU fogos by name except for Garlow).

Desko mentioned a few weeks ago that he was likely to be on the man up unit, this confirms it.
Hard to keep a lefty with a shot like that on the bench for man up given our current situation. Question is who does he replace? Scanlan, Curry, Trimboli, and Rehfuss are probably locks. Dordevic appeared to be starting on the top left side last year, but of course they rotate pretty quickly. Probably knocks out either him or cook. To be honest I haven't really liked either of them on man up so no major preference.

Hard to keep a lefty with a shot like that on the bench for man up given our current situation. Question is who does he replace? Scanlan, Curry, Trimboli, and Rehfuss are probably locks. Dordevic appeared to be starting on the top left side last year, but of course they rotate pretty quickly. Probably knocks out either him or cook. To be honest I haven't really liked either of them on man up so no major preference.

I assume it will probably be Cook, just makes to much sense. Would absolutely love to get Buttermore on the man up. Really hoping Lindsey or someone else will ask him at one of these press conferences.

If I were making the decision, it would be Rehfuss, Scanlan, Hiltz, Trimboli, Curry, and Buttermore.

Good stuff.

In a press conference, Rhefuss also had glowing things to say about Hiltz -

“He’s a great player,” Rehfuss said. “You’re definitely going to see a lot of him. I’m excited for everyone in the country to get to watch him play.

“Although he’s the No. 2-rated recruit, I think he’s still extremely underrated, and he’s going to bring a lot to the offensive end in terms of scoring and feeding.”

Obviously this is all really encouraging and to hear that come from Rhefuss specifically is also good to hear.

I for one am getting some Randy Staats vibes from the youngster - highly touted newcomer starts off on the second midfield but quickly supplants an entrenched starting attackman. Those are really big shoes to fill and expecting a Staats like debut is asking a lot (he assisted on the game winning goal against Albany in OT if I am remembering correctly). Think it’s smart to bring him along slowly but it sounds like he’ll be pushing for starters minutes early on. Trying not to get too excited, but it’s getting difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom