2021 USMNT Thread | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

2021 USMNT Thread

I may be alone in this. I hate playing pulisic on the outside left. He wants to receive the ball and really needs to be in the middle more. We had a hard time getting it to him. When he did get it he wanted to make most of it. I think with Reyna and Weston out he really needs to touch the ball a lot so he doesn’t feel the need to always force a call. I think he would pass more if he got more touches. I would rather him a cam in these scenarios

Hate to be alarmist but a draw is not good enough here. They need 5pts and I don't think USSF has the guts to fire GGG before it's too late to qualify.
I am worried about Pulisic for this Honduras match.

I would start him on the bench and bring him in on at the 60 minute mark if we are behind or tied.

We need the 3 points but can’t streech him.
I go with Pepi, Sargent and Prefok up top.
Keep Rodan on the bench he does nothing in an A squad match.
Pepi should have come on against Canada. Our manager though didn’t even use all his subs when the team needed a spark.

We can’t play passively. The team has the outward personality of Berhalter which is low energy and passive.
We need some swagger and aggression.
If we don’t get 3 point against Honduras we should make a change but we won’t.

Dest and McKennie officially out for the Honduras.

I would be shocked if they won. Seems ripe for a 2-0 Honduras win. As I said...if the USA wants to qualify for the WC then they need to consider a change in manager after the game.

The meltdown over the Canada/El Sal performances and McKennie suspension in the media and fan boards this morning is pretty epic. I agree with all those folks who are saying that Berhalter’s style of play doesn’t match the talent he puts on the field and he doesn’t seem to have a reasonable plan B. Is that enough to get him canned next week if they lose or draw against Honduras? I don’t know but I can say he’s squandered all the good will he built up this summer and now we are back at panic stations. We need a proven coach who has had international success in the past.

The meltdown over the Canada/El Sal performances and McKennie suspension in the media and fan boards this morning is pretty epic. I agree with all those folks who are saying that Berhalter’s style of play doesn’t match the talent he puts on the field and he doesn’t seem to have a reasonable plan B. Is that enough to get him canned next week if they lose or draw against Honduras? I don’t know but I can say he’s squandered all the good will he built up this summer and now we are back at panic stations. We need a proven coach who has had international success in the past.
I expected a draw at El Salvador I knew they would play a physical grind it out game. I was happy we kept a clean sheet there and expect when we keep a clean sheet we should score against any CONCACAF team except Mexico regardless where we play.

I thought it would be 1-1.
We didn’t play with any energy against El Salvador and couldn’t create we had very little offense.

The Canada match was pathetic. It’s home and the crowd gave the team energy. Canada played a back 5 gave us possession and all we could is have Adams and Brooks play pass and forth.
The goal was good and the tying goal was all done by a world class player in Davies abusing Yedlin but we did very little again.
Berhalter didn’t use the bench when the team needed it and he is so freaking passive the team has his personality. It’s a WCQ show some energy.

At this point I will take a draw at Honduras as I don’t expect we will create a lot of offense.

I have been saying Berhalter is a joke for over a year. It’s not hard to look at this roster and see it’s underperforming. We have talent. Klinsmann got canned after losing to Mexico and @ Costa Rica with an inferior selection player pool than we have now.

If we don’t get 3 points hire Bradley as a caretaker let him go thru the WC and freaking find a real manager.

I expected a draw at El Salvador I knew they would play a physical grind it out game. I was happy we kept a clean sheet there and expect when we keep a clean sheet we should score against any CONCACAF team except Mexico regardless where we play.

I thought it would be 1-1.
We didn’t play with any energy against El Salvador and couldn’t create we had very little offense.

The Canada match was pathetic. It’s home and the crowd gave the team energy. Canada played a back 5 gave us possession and all we could is have Adams and Brooks play pass and forth.
The goal was good and the tying goal was all done by a world class player in Davies abusing Yedlin but we did very little again.
Berhalter didn’t use the bench when the team needed it and he is so freaking passive the team has his personality. It’s a WCQ show some energy.

At this point I will take a draw at Honduras as I don’t expect we will create a lot of offense.

I have been saying Berhalter is a joke for over a year. It’s not hard to look at this roster and see it’s underperforming. We have talent. Klinsmann got canned after losing to Mexico and @ Costa Rica with an inferior selection player pool than we have now.

If we don’t get 3 points hire Bradley as a caretaker let him go thru the WC and freaking find a real manager.

Completely agree. I mentioned earlier...first call has to be to Bob Bradley. My prediction is the USA loses but GGG still gets the October matches. They suck again, he's fired but it's too late to catch up.

Imma leave this here. Jesse Marsch (HC RB Liepzig) liked a post about GGG squandering America's Golden Generation:
1631048655716.png

Weston McKennie has lost the privilege to play for the USA for a long time. A stunning lack of respect to the team, the federation, and the fans. I don't want to see him on the pitch in a US shirt for a long time.

Imma leave this here. Jesse Marsch (HC RB Liepzig) liked a post about GGG squandering America's Golden Generation:
View attachment 205702
It is so obvious it’s frustrating.

USSF can’t get out of the way.
A lot of the MLS academies deserve credit for realizing MLS should be a seller’s League for young talent.
It’s not bad.
Just like European basketball leagues aren’t the NBA.

We actually have a good young core but this “system” is just not helping.
Pulisic actually called out Berhalter’s “ideas”

It would never happen but the home run hire for available managers is Antonio Conte.

I just want no part of Caleb Porter as the next national team coach. Enough MLS guys.

It would never happen but the home run hire for available managers is Antonio Conte.
I think Conte will take the Arsenal job when they pop their guy Arteta.

It is so obvious it’s frustrating.

USSF can’t get out of the way.
A lot of the MLS academies deserve credit for realizing MLS should be a seller’s League for young talent.
It’s not bad.
Just like European basketball leagues aren’t the NBA.

We actually have a good young core but this “system” is just not helping.
Pulisic actually called out Berhalter’s “ideas”

Let’s remember Berhalter effectively benched Pulisic against Canada in nations league and Pulisic was none too happy. Given what’s happened with Pulisic in the past and McKennie this week, I don’t think players have much respect for the manager. I just hope this doesn’t result in us losing Pepe… I would start him tomorrow along with Sargent.

Let’s remember Berhalter effectively benched Pulisic against Canada in nations league and Pulisic was none too happy. Given what’s happened with Pulisic in the past and McKennie this week, I don’t think players have much respect for the manager. I just hope this doesn’t result in us losing Pepe… I would start him tomorrow along with Sargent.
Isn’t that a problem?

Let Berhalter get an MLS club and the national team can have a better manager.

I am team Pulisic 100% over Berhalter.
I agree on Pepi.

I don’t get why Pepi didn’t come on against Canada at the end for Prefok just to cap tie him.

We only used 4 subs when we needed to protect legs.

Isn’t that a problem?

I agree on Pepi.

I don’t get why Pepi didn’t come on against Canada at the end for Prefok just to cap tie him.

Berhalter was not close to the best candidate when the job was free and got it because his brother was an executive. When it comes to creating chances against good sides this team is an abomination.

I would rather them lose to Honduras if it means GGG gets fired because he's not the guy to lead this team on a run in 2026.

Isn’t that a problem?

I agree on Pepi.

In case it wasn't clear, I am in complete agreement with you around Berhalter. I was only pointing out that I don't think the players have a lot of respect for him or his "ideas". The fact that Pulisic has to drop to midfield to see the ball is ludicrous and Pulisic knows that. The only people who don't seem to realize how bad Berhalter-ball is are the good folks at USSF. I still think we can qualify, only because I don't see anyone other than Mexico having a realistic shot at beating us... yes our talent alone is that good.

I hope Pepi didn't ask to be not played so he could maintain options.

In case it wasn't clear, I am in complete agreement with you around Berhalter. I was only pointing out that I don't think the players have a lot of respect for him or his "ideas". The fact that Pulisic has to drop to midfield to see the ball is ludicrous and Pulisic knows that. The only people who don't seem to realize how bad Berhalter-ball is are the good folks at USSF. I still think we can qualify, only because I don't see anyone other than Mexico having a realistic shot at beating us... yes our talent alone is that good.

I hope Pepi didn't ask to be not played so he could maintain options.

The math is roughly 21pts to go through. So the USA at a minimum needs 5pts per window to be in a good spot. That means winning tonight. Panama has started stronger than anticipated plus the USA still has to go at MEX, CRC, and JAM.

The math is roughly 21pts to go through. So the USA at a minimum needs 5pts per window to be in a good spot. That means winning tonight. Panama has started stronger than anticipated plus the USA still has to go at MEX, CRC, and JAM.
Panama will lose to Mexico tonight.
Panana is probably the third nicest road match for our team behind Canada and Jamaica.

If Costa Rica sucks this cycle we can get top 3 still.

I just don’t expect our team to do anything but try to win 1-0 in these matches.

I don’t fear Jamaica, Honduras, Canada and El Salvador over the 14 matches.
I expect to win at the Office in Kingston.
Just want draws at Canada and Panama.

Expect losses at Mexico and at Costa Rica.

Last edited:
if they can split against Canada thats 2

El Sal tie/win 4
Hond tie/win 4

have to win 3 times here and get 1 tie thats 10
Jam
costa
pan

Mexico tie/loss 1

there is 21

Now if you beat Hond tonight you are back at looking at 23

really cant afford more than 1-2 ties at home. Best result is Mexico not screwing up to anyone.

If we have more depth and everyone is playing in tight windows shouldnt that be better for us?

I am worried about Pulisic for this Honduras match.

I would start him on the bench and bring him in on at the 60 minute mark if we are behind or tied.
I say start him and play him a full 90. Send him back to London with dead legs.

I should probably point out that I don’t care for Chelsea much, and that may influence my take here.

Costa Rica beating Jamaica.
Panama beating Mexico
Canada beat El Salvador 3-0.

lol we better get 3 points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online