2021 USMNT Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2021 USMNT Thread

The team that competes the COMCACAF nations cup and the team that competes in the Gold Cup will be different rosters.
The Gold Cup will feature the MLS B team.
I really don’t care about the Gold Cup anymore since the confederations cup is gone.

Just playing the A team with the European roster is all I really care about.

Because a lot of Youth National Team camps are gone, IMO the Gold Cup should be fringe Senior National Team Players (Arriola, Turner, etc) and then U23 and down.

Might be deep cuts for some of you but four midfielders who I think should be on the Gold Cup Roster: Cole Bassett, Leon Flach, Gianluca Busio, Luca de la Torre.

Might be deep cuts for some of you but four midfielders who I think should be on the Gold Cup Roster: Cole Bassett, Leon Flach, Gianluca Busio, Luca de la Torre.

I don't see the USMNT playing a style in the near- to mid-term where Bassett isn't almost an ideal prospect. If you let him loose in CONCACAF it's almost hard to see a situation where he's not creating a nice opportunity every game with his pressure alone. Throw on top of that a Top 5 league offensive skillset and I think it's easy to consider him the best domestic-based prospect right now.

I don't see the USMNT playing a style in the near- to mid-term where Bassett isn't almost an ideal prospect. If you let him loose in CONCACAF it's almost hard to see a situation where he's not creating a nice opportunity every game with his pressure alone. Throw on top of that a Top 5 league offensive skillset and I think it's easy to consider him the best domestic-based prospect right now.

Yup and without the U-20 World Cup this summer he doesn't have that stage to showcase his level. Exactly the reason he needs to be featured in the Gold Cup. Freiburg in Germany has sniffed around him for awhile now so I think his Euro prospects are legit.

He deserves a shot back in the Bundesliga but could do well in most of Europe’s top leagues. Also crazy to see two clubs like Bremen and Schalke go down this year.

I watched a fair amount of Bremen to see Sargent and my god what a poorly constructed squad. Pretty much 0 wide players. Often played with 3 CBs 3 CMs and 2-3 CF. Was absolutely horrendous.

I watched a fair amount of Bremen to see Sargent and my god what a poorly constructed squad. Pretty much 0 wide players. Often played with 3 CBs 3 CMs and 2-3 CF. Was absolutely horrendous.
He absolutely deserved better and that roster was a giant mess. His numbers might be slightly less impressive because his team was so bad but he was definitely one of their better players and tracks back really well for an attacking player. I hope he makes a move to another place where he can keep growing.

every time he entered he altered the game.. I wish he was one step faster cause he gets into some great spots with his quickness and foot work but he cant run past guys in the open field much of the time. a touch more speed and he probably has 2 goals today.

If he scored that goal America would have won the World Cup

I'm lucky enough to have seen Cuse win a BB national title. Cuse FB I don't ever see it being realistic. So what's left for me is the US making and/or winning a World Cup Final.

Baby steps. I think at the current pace things will get interesting in 8-12 years.

I'm lucky enough to have seen Cuse win a BB national title. Cuse FB I don't ever see it being realistic. So what's left for me is the US making and/or winning a World Cup Final.

Baby steps. I think at the current pace things will get interesting in 8-12 years.
Gianluca Busio and company will get the job done

every time he entered he altered the game.. I wish he was one step faster cause he gets into some great spots with his quickness and foot work but he cant run past guys in the open field much of the time. a touch more speed and he probably has 2 goals today.

He has great pace but takes him just a hair longer to get to full speed. His pace on the ball and after first touch is elite though.

I have seen enough of Yueill.

This team has all this talent and GB plays him against Switzerland.

I wish we could upgrade manager.

Tyler Adams will almost always be a 50/50 bet because of his injury history. Finding a backup DM is maybe one of the most important things to figure out this cycle. Yueill is a nice player but is not international caliber.

My longshot guy for the future is Leon Flach. He starts at CDM for Philadelphia. Came over in the offseason from St. Pauli (Bundesliga 2). Their defense has been superb and he's been a key player for them.

Potentially a guy like Owen Otasowie could improve. That would be nice.

Really? Ok. Break it down for me. What was wrong with Yuell's play yesterday?

And who would you have played in his place with Adams hurt?

My longshot guy for the future is Leon Flach. He starts at CDM for Philadelphia. Came over in the offseason from St. Pauli (Bundesliga 2). Their defense has been superb and he's been a key player for them.

Potentially a guy like Owen Otasowie could improve. That would be nice.

I've been so disappointed with James Sands' move to a central back in a back three. I thought that if you wanted a disruptive defensive midfielder he'd be another natural option with Tyler Adams' injury history.

I thought another year or two with him being a little more positive offensively and he could be a real option for us, but he's not really working on that aspect of his game right now.

Really? Ok. Break it down for me. What was wrong with Yuell's play yesterday?

And who would you have played in his place with Adams hurt?
Jackson Yuell needs to be better closing down space defensively. Switzerland got the ball thru the middle of defense with ease on numerous passes. He was out of position on the first goal Switzerland got. It was his mistake that allowed the chance. Still, not bad overall. He isn’t good with the ball and defensively was a step slow intercepting a couple of dangerous passes. He isn’t fast enough to stop those passes and it caused Horvath to have to make a couple of saves to keep it tied before the Swizz got their second goal.

We need a player at his possession to be faster and who can disrupt those passes.

USMNT needs to find a 6 who can play if Adams can’t stay healthy. It’s not Yueill I thought he was the worst player on the pitch for us yesterday before being subbed off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom