2021 USMNT Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2021 USMNT Thread

Holy crap that was wild. Mexico showing how classy they are once again. Needed a few rocks for the Mexican fans through the TV screen.

This was a good effort and result pre qualifying. Getting fouled all game long and Mexico dancing and getting quick shots, a weak handball call to counter after an obvious penalty on Pulisic.

Its pretty wild that you look on just the US side and you have Barcelona, Chelsea, Man City, Juventus, Dortmund, Lille out on the pitch not to mention many other mid level European teams.

What a night for the boys and US soccer! That was a fun match and watch...

If this young crew can get familiar enough to be better in the first 45 on a regular basis they can be really good. They have the pieces now.

I love how Mckennie is able to keep his composure. Jermaine Jones, whether enjoyable or not, probably would have taken someone out tonight.
Exactly. McKennie toes the line while setting the tone and taking nobody's crap. Love that kid.

That game was an unbelievable game! Some interesting calls from the ref throughout the game.

I was happy to get the penalty but thought it was a tough call. The penalty they got felt like a make up call. It did hit his hand and when I saw that I knew it was going to be a penalty.

Horvath was huge it this game. Played very well having to come off the bench.

Back line was a bit tough to watch. Ream should not be a starter. Brooks is the anchor at cb. McKenzie had a rough game but hopefully he can get better from here or we need to look at another cb. Yedlin isn’t a starter for me. He doesn’t have good touch and the only thing he brings to the table is speed. Dest only had a few nice moment. He was unimpressive and I felt like was up CP ass. Spacing wasn’t good and they didn’t get anything going like i was hoping.

Acosta seemed out of his league out there. McKennie played ok but he is a monster on the corners and headers. Unbelievable how he seems to get his head on it every time. He has come into his own on this team. Love how he doesnt back down.

CP just has a hard time getting going and getting good touches. Even when he did get it his typical runs he lost the ball. That penalty kick was classy though. Reyna is so composed for his age. Another star that we have he just needs to keep playing and not throw up his hands when he doesn’t get passed the ball. Once I noticed it from the last game it all I see.

Sargent is a hustler but always seems like a half step or step behind where he needs to be to make a finish. I like him but CP Reyna and him don’t seem to gel at the moment.

Great win for this team. Need to build off this and see what a few other up and coming stars we have like weah, pefolk, musah and aaronson.

I will say the scariest thing I saw last night was the 20 year old from mexico He has quickness and skills like Messi. From what I saw last night he will be a menace.

US is one young stud striker away from being very very dangerous.

Also I hope the media reports on the actual racist crap the Mexican fans did at this game.
Throwing bottles of urine hitting Reyna and hurting him.
Hitting one of their own players.
Having the match delayed for the homophobic chant.

I mean we hear all the time about this crap when Americans do it well let’s actually report it when it happens against us.

Also I hope the media reports on the actual racist crap the Mexican fans did at this game.
Throwing bottles of urine hitting Reyna and hurting him.
Hitting one of their own players.
Having the match delayed for the homophobic chant.

I mean we hear all the time about this crap when Americans do it well let’s actually report it when it happens against us.

It's been discussed in literally every article I have read so far.

It's been discussed in literally every article I have read so far.
Good. Then we need the network that reports this stuff ESPN to do it as well.
ESPN plays politics now. Hammer the Mexican team for their crap.

Good. Then we need the network that reports this stuff ESPN to do it as well.
ESPN plays politics now. Hammer the Mexican team for their crap.

ESPN covered it also. I watched SportsCenter this morning.

ESPN covered it also. I watched SportsCenter this morning.
Good.
I thought the Mexican team got away with a lot of physical crap.
When they tried to take out Horvath at the end of 90 was dirty.

More yellows were necessary and a lot were shown.

Daryl Dike. Hopefully, the Barnsley experiment wasn't just catching fire in a bottle. Gotta believe he's going to get picked up by another club. Will be interesting to see if he gets a shot at the Premier League next season.

my question for the soccer people.. was this game considered a draw or a win? The semis were 90 min and then to PK so a draw makes sense after 90.. this game was scheduled for 90 plus 30 min then PK.. so extra time was scheduled so wouldnt the draw be if they were tied after 120 min?

my question for the soccer people.. was this game considered a draw or a win? The semis were 90 min and then to PK so a draw makes sense after 90.. this game was scheduled for 90 plus 30 min then PK.. so extra time was scheduled so wouldnt the draw be if they were tied after 120 min?
It was a tournament final. No draws allowed.

it was ruled a draw on betting sights.. i thought the xtra time would count since it was built in and it wasnt sudden death

it was ruled a draw on betting sights.. i thought the xtra time would count since it was built in and it wasnt sudden death
Interesting. I didn't realize that. Yeah, I agree with your line of thinking, will be interesting to find out.

Soccer games are generally settled on the 90+AET score, unless specifically stated.

I agree. but if the bet only saws win or draw and it doesnt say 90+AET any where who knows..

You have reg games but those usually do draw out.. but in games where you have time added in like this before you go to PKs its different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom