2021 Yankees Season | Page 182 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

If I have time, I’ll start resurrecting the quality Stanton posts in this thread.

Feel free. Will you include all the GIDP's and K's with RISP? That oughta double your time budget. :)

Hell yes, it's the nature of the game.
Stanton was worse than the normal slump. Guy was swinging at pitches 10 feet out of the strike zone.Plenty of guys go in major slumps, but Stanton looked worse than a little leaguer at the plate.

Jays are getting hammered trying to throw inside breaking balls.

Yankees (W) 90-67 (+2.0)
Red Sox (L) 88-69 (L) (-)

Mariners (W) 88-70 (-0.5)
Blue Jays (L) 87-70 (-1.0)
Athletics (L) 85-73 (-3.5)

Last edited:
Yankees (W) 90-67 (+2.0)
Red Sox (L) 88-69 (L) (-)

Blue Jays (L) 87-70 (-1.0)
Mariners (vs OAK) 87-70
Athletics (at SEA) 85-72
Magic # is 3 for the
Let's get this updated!
Magic number is three for the Bombers. I think the 2nd wild card could come down to the final day.

Stanton has been amazing. Best in pinstripes so far. Hope he can keep it going into a postseason run. Won't hit a homerun every game, but when he and Judge are making contact like this it is huge.

My dream is Seattle and NY both getting in!

A week ago, that seemed impossible. At the moment, it seems the most likely.

If Oakland, Toronto, Boston win tonight, it all turns on a dime.

I really hope that doesn't happen, so I'm going to put those 3 in a parlay, hedge my bets.

Stanton has been amazing. Best in pinstripes so far. Hope he can keep it going into a postseason run. Won't hit a homerun every game, but when he and Judge are making contact like this it is huge.

This was Cashman's dream. So I'm sure even though this season made him lose any of the hairs he had left, he has a little smile now. And would have a much bigger one if those 2 can pull the Yankees not just into the Wild Card game, but past it.

If I have time, I’ll start resurrecting the quality Stanton posts in this thread.

I know I have a few gems (not sure if I'll get 2nd place).

I still think an argument can be made that long term, it wasn't the smartest trade. If Hal wants to avoid the luxury tax (don't really blame him and it subsidizes other teams), that contract can still be limiting. For primarily a DH. Silver lining is that it's only the next 4 years. The final 3 years, the Marlins pick up $30M.

Short term, it's really fun at times. Especially now. But it's not like this is guaranteeing the Yankees anything more than 1 playoff game.

And I will say it again...imo there should be 6 teams in the playoffs in each league. The added wild card helps a bit, but not enough. 6/15 in the playoffs is extremely reasonable. Only a matter of time hopefully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom