2021 Yankees Season | Page 183 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

For primarily a DH.
If he is healthy, I believe he will play a lot of outfield moving forward. He is a much better fielder than many people believe. The main reason he was DHing was to avoid potential injury.
But it's not like this is guaranteeing the Yankees anything more than 1 playoff game.
No single player guarantees anything.

If he is healthy, I believe he will play a lot of outfield moving forward. He is a much better fielder than many people believe. The main reason he was DHing was to avoid potential injury.

No single player guarantees anything.

I think he was a very good right fielder with the Marlins. But in order to do that, Judge has to be in center, which I don't think the Yankees want. I also think they'd rather have Gallo in left, even though he uses a bat with a hole in it.

And yes, I'm relatively aware that no single player guarantees anything (even when Joe Namath guarantees it).

I think he was a very good right fielder with the Marlins. But in order to do that, Judge has to be in center, which I don't think the Yankees want. I also think they'd rather have Gallo in left, even though he uses a bat with a hole in it.
I think Stanton, Gallo, Judge, Hicks, and someone else will rotate a lot next year.

Selective perception.
Not just me, but watching the broadcasts I’ve heard Michael Kay and Paul O’Neil talk about how amazing it is that Stanton can look so awful at times and then look like the most feared hitter in the game when he is on his hot streaks.
Most Jekyll and Hyde player in the game is my point.

Not just me, but watching the broadcasts I’ve heard Michael Kay and Paul O’Neil talk about how amazing it is that Stanton can look so awful at times and then look like the most feared hitter in the game when he is on his hot streaks.
I understand and appreciate your point. Whether he is the "most Jekyll and Hyde player in the game" is, of course, debatable. The Yankee line up is full of those types of guys. I tend to think it's a league-wide phenomenon.

Last edited:
I understand and appreciate your point. Whether his is the "most Jekyll and Hyde player in the game" is, of course, debatable. The Yankee line up is full of those types of guys. I tend to think it's a league-wide phenomenon.
Yeah.

Especially since few hit for average anymore.

As I noted previously he's either locked in or an absolute mess, very little in between. This year the really good stretches have been longer and he's been super locked in. Just hope he can keep it up a few more weeks or at least a few more games.

Tonight's game is enormous, if the Yanks can take 2 out of 3 it really sets the team up barring a massive collapse. Baltimore or Oakland winning tonight would also be huge.

Tonight's game is enormous, if the Yanks can take 2 out of 3 it really sets the team up barring a massive collapse. Baltimore or Oakland winning tonight would also be huge.
Oakland vs Seattle is a tough one to root for, I’m hoping Seattle can as least end up tied with the Sox.
If the Yankees can take care of business and get top spot I would like to see Boston and Seattle have to use up some pitching playing a one game playoff to see who plays in the Bronx. Of course that means the Yanks have got to keep the momentum and not stumble these last few games.

Also would prefer Tampa to beat Houston today or tomorrow to make the Yankees games virtually meaningless to the Rays.

Also would prefer Tampa to beat Houston today or tomorrow to make the Yankees games virtually meaningless to the Rays.

It was looking pretty good last night until Tampa relievers went with the bold strategy of not throwing strikes in the bottom of the 9th.

Bryan Hoch:
Jameson Taillon is "a little better than we expected" after last night's ankle re-injury, according to Aaron Boone.

Jonathan Loaisiga has been activated. Andrew Heaney was the corresponding move.

Boone said that the Yankees worked out an agreement so Andrew Heaney could be optioned. He will travel to Tampa and continue working out.

It's not what you want.

New York Yankees What GIF by MLB

Sanchez hitting for Gallo is like…. There’s an analogy somewhere here

Yankees (L) 90-68 (+1.0)
Red Sox (W) 89-69 (-)

Mariners (W) 89-70 (-0.5)
Blue Jays (W) 88-70 (-1.0)

Athletics (L) 85-74 (-4.5)

Tampa Bay has locked up the AL best record.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom