2021 Yankees Season | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

You must not have watched Dodgers-Padres.
One series that was great, but come on.
No hit and runs, no bunting, no moving the runner over or any of the things that made the game fun.
Maybe some enjoy the new style of K or Hr, but I think it sucks.

No hit and runs, no bunting, no moving the runner over or any of the things that made the game fun.
People who say they miss bunting are lying.

People who say they miss bunting are lying.
I guess I’m lying to myself.
Plenty of situations where a bunt should be used in today’s game, but the analytics tell you not to do it so I guess you’re right. Personally I liked the old game where guys put the ball in play lots more.

Plenty of situations where a bunt should be used in today’s game, but the analytics tell you not to do it so I guess you’re right. Personally I liked the old game where guys put the ball in play lots more.
Hit and run too
The biggest factors imo are starters only going 5 innings (if that) and teams relying heavily on 3 or 4 bull pen arms to close out games and the use of the defensive shift. I know batters shouldn’t hit into the shift but good pitchers can force batters to do it most of the time.

I often wonder how superstars of my childhood like Tony Gwynn, Wade Boggs, Ozzie Smith, etc would fit into the game if they were in the league today.

I often wonder how superstars of my childhood like Tony Gwynn, Wade Boggs, Ozzie Smith, etc would fit into the game if they were in the league today.
Gwynn is an all-timer.

Boggs would be fine, but would have really thrived when moneyball started to be cool.

Ozzie Smith would be a bench glove.

I pulled these assessments out of my butt, 100%.

I think Gwynn and Smith would.have still been great. Not sure about Boggs. He probably would.have been asked to produce more power numbers at the expense of his batting average.

Gwynn is an all-timer.

Boggs would be fine, but would have really thrived when moneyball started to be cool.

Ozzie Smith would be a bench glove.

I pulled these assessments out of my butt, 100%.
But did Gwynn have enough launch angle?

I'm confident that Gwynn could hit in any era. He was an artist as a hitter.

I'm confident that Gwynn could hit in any era. He was an artist as a hitter.
I went to a BYU baseball game when he was coaching baseball at San Diego St. and yelled Hello Tony, you're the greatest hitter ever from the stands until he waved to me. He got a chuckle out of it. I just wanted to be in the presence of greatness.

One series that was great, but come on.

I don't think you're wrong. To me, it's too much home run or strikeout. I read an article in the past week talking specifically about the shift that had these stats.

Batting average on balls in play is down to .286, the lowest in 29 years. Hits are at an all-time low. Strikeouts are at an all-time high.
The percentage of at bats in which the ball is not put in play (home runs, walks, strikeouts, hit batters) is up to 38%. And in the 62% of at-bats when a hitter manages to put a ball into play, the shift is taking away hits

I went to a BYU baseball game when he was coaching baseball at San Diego St. and yelled Hello Tony, you're the greatest hitter ever from the stands until he waved to me. He got a chuckle out of it. I just wanted to be in the presence of greatness.

No disrespect to the late great Tony Gwynn. Let's redirect this back to the 2021 Yankees. My patience level is at an absolute low right now with this offense. We turned Matt Harvey back into 2015 form in Baltimore where we always crush the ball. WAKE UP OFFENSE !!!

If offense has not righted itself by end of this month need to fire one of or both of hitting coaches. The players would get the message and feel bad for costing them their jobs especially Thames and it would inspire the offense. It's called a landmark fire you fire your worst performing employee and shows the rest of the employees you mean business. Boone won't do it nor would Hal (He is not George as we all know) Cashman still has enough gumption to make such a move he remembers George.

No disrespect to the late great Tony Gwynn. Let's redirect this back to the 2021 Yankees. My patience level is at an absolute low right now with this offense. We turned Matt Harvey back into 2015 form in Baltimore where we always crush the ball. WAKE UP OFFENSE !!!

If offense has not righted itself by end of this month need to fire one of or both of hitting coaches. The players would get the message and feel bad for costing them their jobs especially Thames and it would inspire the offense. It's called a landmark fire you fire your worst performing employee and shows the rest of the employees you mean business. Boone won't do it nor would Hal (He is not George as we all know) Cashman still has enough gumption to make such a move he remembers George.
Boy, that Ted Williams was a great player, huh?

Oh, sorry. I forgot we were talking about firing people less than a month into the season.

Boy, that Ted Williams was a great player, huh?

Oh, sorry. I forgot we were talking about firing people less than a month into the season.

Yogi Berra got fired 16 games into a season after a 6-10 start. Yogi Berra we are talking about one of the greatest Yankees of all time number retired monument park Hall of famer. We could fire Marcus Thames. If it inspires the players gotta do it. If Hal just had a percentage of George passion to win and baseball smarts and overall gumption he would least fire Marcus Thames.

Supposedly guys like Boggs and Ichiro could hit lots of homers in batting practice.
I saw Boggs hitting homers in an old timers “HR derby contest” just a few years ago in Cooperstown. Still had the same style and swing.

Because he worked for a maniac.

A maniac who spent money, but a maniac nonetheless.

Maniac who when he was Owner won 6 World Series Titles (7 if u include 2009 but he wasn't George and wasn't in charge) But when George was George he was the greatest owner in professional sports.

Ya think Hal forgot who his dad was?Loved me some George Steinbrenner, but he wasn’t the most rational fella.

Maniac who when he was Owner won 6 World Series Titles (7 if u include 2009 but he wasn't George and wasn't in charge) But when George was George he was the greatest owner in professional sports.
None of this means he wasn't a maniac.

None of this means he wasn't a maniac.

I just think time has come to send a message. I hope some of you don't own run your own businesses would be great to work for you where you don't hold people accountable for not doing their jobs. All I'm saying offense you better wakeup tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom