2021 Yankees Season | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

Michael Kay deserves some flack how many times did he mention the on going no hitter. Unwritten rule the broadcaster never mentions the no hitter. What if Kluber went down to the clubhouse and the game is on the tv and Kay mentions it. Lucky Kluber finished the deal and joined baseball immortality.

Michael Kay deserves some flack how many times did he mention the on going no hitter. Unwritten rule the broadcaster never mentions the no hitter. What if Kluber went down to the clubhouse and the game is on the tv and Kay mentions it. Lucky Kluber finished the deal and joined baseball immortality.
When Cone was pitching his perfect game he was so nervous and there was so much tension in the dugout he went into the clubhouse between innings. Sterling couldn’t keep his mouth shut about it. So much so Cone said he wanted to go up on the booth and throttle him. Sterling makes a point of mentioning it starting in the 4th inning. I wonder how many Yankee no hitters have been lost over the years because of him.

When Cone was pitching his perfect game he was so nervous and there was so much tension in the dugout he went into the clubhouse between innings. Sterling couldn’t keep his mouth shut about it. So much so Cone said he wanted to go up on the booth and throttle him. Sterling makes a point of mentioning it starting in the 4th inning. I wonder how many Yankee no hitters have been lost over the years because of him.
They should fire Susyn to send a message.

When is it appropriate to mention it? At a certain point, the announcer has to tell the audience what is happening in the game.

Last edited:

What if Kluber checked his phone between innings?

You need to call into Kay's show today and send him a message about an unwritten rule that has gone the way of the dinosaur.

George would have dropped him a letter. “You’re Michael L now, on your way to M, if you don’t watch it. You don’t want to know what happened to Michaels A through J. You’re lucky, I like you. Now go get me a calzone from Paesanos.”

Announcer’s job is to tell the story of the game to all viewers. I understand teammates and coaches not saying anything. But, announcers can talk about it, they have to. This is dumb.
Exactly! Ok 4th inning is a bit early to be making a big deal about it. But as the game goes along, you have to tell the audience what is happening. Doing your job overrides silly superstition. Good grief, my brain hurts.

once Vin Scully tried to ruin Billy Chapel's perfecto and it didnt work, the ban was lifted for all announcers, crunner...

you wouldve been about 5 when this movie came out, so i get that you didnt see it and understand the signifcance.

We all see the trolling right? Yankee throws a no hitter, and of course he has to get the heat on himself with the most absurd take possible. He’s a walking “thread locked” device.

What if he looked up at the scoreboard!??

Fire the scoreboard operator!!

God. Have you played sports at all. When your in the game in the moment you are focused in this case on the next batter and the next pitch.

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a no no where TV announcers didn’t mention it before the end.

God. Have you played sports at all. When your in the game in the moment you are focused in this case on the next batter and the next pitch.
Yes. I once threw a 2 hitter in a HS sectional game. Beat that, backup first baseman!

5317FA63-A3D2-4E4A-9FBF-1EA682571200.gif

Yes. I once threw a 2 hitter in a HS sectional game. Beat that, backup first baseman!

I was a starting first baseman. Batted near bottom of the order but I had a great eye at the plate I got my walks. Billy Beane would have signed me up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom