2021 Yankees Season | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

As bad as it seems right now, at least they are in control over their own destiny

Interestingly, Yankees haven't played the Red Sox yet this year. Win enough of those head to head matchups, they should be safe for the wild card even if TB rolls to the division title. Outside of the White Sox, no one has that great a record.

It sucks to think about the Wild Card already, but it's a very realistic path. It's clear that the AL East should get at least 2 teams into the playoffs.

I'd love to fire Boone but If Cashman stays and Boone goes Brian will just hire another puppet. Cashman has only built one WS winner in 20+ years. He may have been GM in 1998-2000 but those were Stick Michaels' teams. This roster construction and offensive approach is awful, and as long as Cashman seemingly has a job for life nothing will change. This team has to be blown up and gutted from Cashman on down. Sanchez can walk. Nothing more than 5 years for Judge or he can walk. Gleyber they don't have to make that decision yet.
What?

Looks like another new lineup. I believe Boone has used the same lineup twice just one time this season. I realize there are many holes with this club and very few hot hitters right now, but I'm not sure I would put Mike Ford in the middle of any lineup.

Last edited:
Looks like another new lineup. I believe Boone has used the same lineup only once this season. I realize there are many holes with this club and very few hot hitters right now, but I'm not sure I would put Mike Ford in the middle of any lineup.
I really don't understand what they're waiting for on Gittens. We know Ford isn't good.

What?
We know they lead the league in double plays. Without looking it up they must be right among the league leaders in strikeouts, hitting into the shift, home runs with no one on base and pop flies (a reflection of launch angle and not squaring up on the ball). That’s how they are constructed offensively.

I know! It's because they've yanked him around, Donnie!
Understand Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

We know they lead the league in double plays. Without looking it up they must be right among the league leaders in strikeouts, hitting into the shift, home runs with no one on base and pop flies (a reflection of launch angle and not squaring up on the ball). That’s how they are constructed offensively.
They are actually twelfth in the AL in fly ball percentage (34.5%). This is a ground ball team (45.9%). You are correct that they are fourth in strikeout percentage (24.9%).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom