2021 Yankees Season | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

There's nowhere to go but up. It's always darkest before the dawn. It's a marathon, not a sprint. That's all I have.
That’s baseball.

I'm going to defend my alma mater (not that you were attacking it) and say he clearly failed to take advantage of a solid educational opportunity at LeMoyne College. I don't know what he was doing there (though I can hazard a guess or two) but I suspect he got as much out of it as he put into it and that's not saying much.
As a Yankee fan, yeah, I don't like Tampa Bay. But I absolutely respect what they have done over the past decade. The Dodgers are out-Yankeeing the Yankees. There are several franchises who are showing consistently strong efforts at running quality organizations. And, as far as we know, only one of them has been actually cheating. The Yankees are close...but they aren't going to spend themselves into another Championship. That is no longer going to be enough.

We have lost our way. We dont make the moves we used to more importantly dont spend the money we used to. Bigger issue we dont hold people accountable. I miss George. He would not accept this weekend series. Hal and Cash see it just 3 game losing streak. I want Thames and JP the two hitting coaches gone they should not be allowed on the plane home.

We have lost our way. We dont make the moves we used to more importantly dont spend the money we used to. Bigger issue we dont hold people accountable. I miss George. He would not accept this weekend series. Hal and Cash see it just 3 game losing streak. I want Thames and JP the two hitting coaches gone they should not be allowed on the plane home.
Yeah, I miss Jimmy Brown running for Syracuse.

Milk carton 2.png

It gets late early out there...
June 1st tomorrow. Send a message right now. We have a winning lineup even without Voit and Hicks. We should not be this inept hitting. Wake up and send a message we fire Thames and JP how can we get worse and it wakes up the players.

June 1st tomorrow. Send a message right now. We have a winning lineup even without Voit and Hicks. We should not be this inept hitting. Wake up and send a message we fire Thames and JP how can we get worse and it wakes up the players.

Superficial fixes. This organization's entire direction is wrong. Fire Cashman and the all the nerds in the tunnel.

Superficial fixes. This organization's entire direction is wrong. Fire Cashman and the all the nerds in the tunnel.

No Cashman I would not fire. I would fire Boone before Cashman. Boone just does not hold people accountable. Start with the hitting coaches see if it lights a spark. Longterm the team is still setup to win. Trade Voit get something of need in return. Move DJ to 1b Gleyber to natural 2b Gio at 3b sign Story to play SS. Still have a whole at C and CF. CF we can get by with Hicks but we need to address C.

Btw. I question if some of you have worked in a company team setting before. Because if you dont think an employee seeing somebody or an entire department fired doesnt make them perform better then you idk what to tell u.

No Cashman I would not fire. I would fire Boone before Cashman. Boone just does not hold people accountable. Start with the hitting coaches see if it lights a spark. Longterm the team is still setup to win. Trade Voit get something of need in return. Move DJ to 1b Gleyber to natural 2b Gio at 3b sign Story to play SS. Still have a whole at C and CF. CF we can get by with Hicks but we need to address C.

Btw. I question if some of you have worked in a company team setting before. Because if you dont think an employee seeing somebody or an entire department fired doesnt make them perform better then you idk what to tell u.
Sign Story? He is under contract already. The players on the Yanks aren't as good as you think they are. They are who they are.

Sign Story? He is under contract already. The players on the Yanks aren't as good as you think they are. They are who they are.

This offseason. Star studded free agent SS class Story Seager Correa. Dasher nobody is hitting across baseball. We dont need to rebuild need a reset.

This offseason. Star studded free agent SS class Story Seager Correa. Dasher nobody is hitting across baseball. We dont need to rebuild need a reset.
Keep thinking that way. And Boston and Tampa seem like pretty good offenses to me.

The Roman Legions used to do something like that.

It was called "decimation".

The Legion would line up in formation, and every 10th man was murdered.

You know, to improve morale.

The Roman Empire collapsed in 476 AD.

I wonder why.

If the Braves are able to void Ozuna's contract, would you have the Yankees sign him?

If the Braves are able to void Ozuna's contract, would you have the Yankees sign him?

As a Braves fan, I'd be fine with that, at least the part about voiding his contract.

As a Braves fan, I'd be fine with that, at least the part about voiding his contract.
I don't know if they are going to be able to do that but I believe they would love to be able to.

Not interested 217 batting 7 hr 26 rbi
We can get by with Hicks in CF. Although my hate for Hicks is rivaling my hate for Stanton. Hicks will be swinging the golf clubs before a baseball bat.

The Yankees are currently ninth in the American League with a 96 wRC+. They were second (114) in the league from 2018 through 2020. The offense has been bad this year. It's not just a function of the whole league being bad, but I would not panic or make any dramatic moves. They should definitely try to find some CF help.

Here is where the Yankee hitters (minimum of 10 plate appearances) stand with wRC+:

1. Judge 166
2. Station 128
3. Higashioka 110
4. Sanchez 104

Only the top 4 are at or above league average

5. Urshela 99
6. LeMahieu 97
7. Torres 96
8. Odor 94
9. Hicks 80
10. Frazier 75
11. Ford 71
12. Wade 69
13. Voit 58
14. Tauchman 57
15. Gardner 53
16. Andujar 51
17. Bruce 38

It is still early so these numbers are pretty volatile, but this snapshot is not good.

I'd love to fire Boone but If Cashman stays and Boone goes Brian will just hire another puppet. Cashman has only built one WS winner in 20+ years. He may have been GM in 1998-2000 but those were Stick Michaels' teams. This roster construction and offensive approach is awful, and as long as Cashman seemingly has a job for life nothing will change. This team has to be blown up and gutted from Cashman on down. Sanchez can walk. Nothing more than 5 years for Judge or he can walk. Gleyber they don't have to make that decision yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom