2021 Yankees Season | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

I have always been a Boone fan.
Francesa prefers Georgia Roddy.
New York Yankees What GIF by MLB

I have always been a Boone fan. Look through my posts. Move you make you wanna scare some people have them play under some fear. Here is a move release Brett Gardner veteran clubhouse leader last remaining player from 2009 world series winning team. Release him will get some guys scared I'm looking at you Giancarlo.
Who ya got playing CF?That move could work if Hicks didn’t get hurt and they didn’t trade Tauchman, but unfortunately it’s slim pickings in the outfield.

They have made many mental mistakes, but I still don’t think it means they’re not trying-hard. Mental mistakes can be a symptom of trying too hard (i.e., pressing).
Been a big Boone fan,but something needs to change and why not try hiring Showalter and see if he can right the ship?
I say try it now before it’s too late. What do they have to lose?

Been a big Boone fan,but something needs to change and why not try hiring Showalter and see if he can right the ship?
I say try it now before it’s too late. What do they have to lose?
I don't think Buck would enjoy having lineup and pitching moves dictated to him.

Who ya got playing CF?That move could work if Hicks didn’t get hurt and they didn’t trade Tauchman, but unfortunately it’s slim pickings in the outfield.

Trade for Buxton from Twins or Marte from Dbacks. Btw I'm calling Stanton out how is he not able to play the OF for a couple games this past weekend ? Soft as the day is long.

I don't think Buck would enjoy having lineup and pitching moves dictated to him.
Yeah you’re probably right, but maybe Cashman can change course and let Buck try it his way.Whoever and whatever they are doing obviously ain’t working.What did George Carlin say?”Scratch your balls, do something “

How does a major league ball player not know you don’t run to third when ball is hit in front of you while leading off second? Total lack of concentration and not being mentally in the game.Lazy base running equals not giving your all.

A caveat: didn't see the play(s). Is it careless or just trying too hard to do too much? Honest question.

People losing jobs is not a small thing even it they make more money than you and me.
I would hate for anyone to lose their job,but players lose their job everyday for underperforming.I think you have to do something soon before the season is wasted.No chance Boone returns next season if they continue to play like this, why not make the move while you still have a chance?

I would hate for anyone to lose their job,but players lose their job everyday for underperforming.I think you have to do something soon before the season is wasted.No chance Boone returns next season if they continue to play like this, why not make the move while you still have a chance?
because there is a good chance that he has nothing to do with the problem

because there is a good chance that he has nothing to do with the problem
Don’t know how you can say good chance you can say your opinion is he’s not a problem but I watch the Yankees play and I see a team that’s completely lifeless.

Don’t know how you can say good chance you can say your opinion is he’s not a problem but I watch the Yankees play and I see a team that’s completely lifeless.
Again, it's hard to look full of life when you don't get to first base.

I am indifferent to Boone and managers in-general. The position is basically to be a middle-manager executing the will of upper-management. At best, a manager manages the locker room. The team is full of professional veterans that probably don't need to be baby-sat.

The fact that MLB's premier organization hired a manager with no experience reflects how insignificant that position is regarded by the Yankees and baseball in-general.

Again, it's hard to look full of life when you don't get to first base.

I am indifferent to Boone and managers in-general. The position is basically to be a middle-manager executing the will of upper-management. At best, a manager manages the locker room. The team is full of professional veterans that probably don't need to be baby-sat.

The fact that MLB's premier organization hired a manager with no experience reflects how insignificant that position is regarded by the Yankees and baseball in-general.
Managers have become stooges for the front office in a lot of spots.
With that said the manager being replaced is a lot easier than firing players during a season.
To stay the course would be a gamble.

A caveat: didn't see the play(s). Is it careless or just trying too hard to do too much? Honest question.
Carelessness yesterday as Odor was in no mans land with his secondary lead and was an easy out. Problem is it has happened time and time again by several different players.I find it mind boggling that a major leaguer has to be told not to do this.

Carelessness yesterday as Odor was in no mans land with his secondary lead and was an easy out. Problem is it has happened time and time again by several different players.I find it mind boggling that a major leaguer has to be told not to do this.

I think we've seen why Texas released Odor. It's time to de-Odorize. I don't know why anyone would think he would suddenly become an asset in NY. I'd rather watch Tyler Wade.

That said, one of the things I loved when learning baseball growing up is that it's a cerebral game. You have to know what you're going to do - at the plate, on the bases, and in the field - what you're going to do before it happens, regardless of what happens. Small ball taught us a lot about that part of the game, but nobody learns that anymore. Baseball is becoming Bryson DeChambeau: just bomb the shtt out of it.

I think we've seen why Texas released Odor. It's time to de-Odorize. I don't know why anyone would think he would suddenly become an asset in NY. I'd rather watch Tyler Wade.

That said, one of the things I loved when learning baseball growing up is that it's a cerebral game. You have to know what you're going to do - at the plate, on the bases, and in the field - what you're going to do before it happens, regardless of what happens. Small ball taught us a lot about that part of the game, but nobody learns that anymore. Baseball is becoming Bryson DeChambeau: just bomb the shtt out of it.
I used to go to sleep with my glove under my pillow and dream of sacrificing the runner over to third.

I think both baseball and Bryson have embraced the cerebral aspects of the game. The issue is it has resulted in a less enjoyable product for the fans, especially baseball. You have seen managers adopt the shift, specialized relievers, etc. The fun "small ball" part has gone by the wayside. And you may see adjustments in the offseason to increase scoring

Bryson has studied golf in unique ways. He determined bombing his drives would increase his probability of winning. It's all about numbers with him

I think both baseball and Bryson have embraced the cerebral aspects of the game. The issue is it has resulted in a less enjoyable product for the fans, especially baseball. You have seen managers adopt the shift, specialized relievers, etc. The fun "small ball" part has gone by the wayside. And you may see adjustments in the offseason to increase scoring

Bryson has studied golf in unique ways. He determined bombing his drives would increase his probability of winning. It's all about numbers with him

I understand your point. But fans "dig the long ball" in both instances, and it's the fans who buy the tickets and jerseys, and watch on TV. Both games have changed, and change is certainly inevitable. I get that. Golf will survive the DeChambeau effect, the subtleties of the game will sustain it. I don't think I see the same overarching continuity in baseball. Change? What has changed? Pitchers throw it faster, batters swing harder. I still like baseball and will always watch, but I'm a little melancholy over what's been left behind. I guess I should be thankful I know the difference. :)

Last edited:
I understand your point. But fans "dig the long ball" in both instances, and it's the fans who buy the tickets and jerseys, and watch on TV. Both games have changed, and change is certainly inevitable. I get that. Golf will survive the DeChambeau effect, the subtleties of the game will sustain it. I don't think I see the same overarching continuity in baseball. Change? What has changed? Pitchers throw it faster, batters swing harder. I still like baseball and will always watch, but I'm a little melancholy over what's been left behind. I'm thankful I know the difference. :)
I agree 100%, and why I was sure to qualify it with less enjoyable

If george was alive bet your bottom dollar Buxton or Marte would be Yankees. One way to get people to do better and perform is through fear. Since George has been gone there is no fear through the organization from ownership. If I was owner you release Gardner it sends a message oh blank eldest yankee a champion a leader just got released. Then you take a anon shot in the media about Stanton being soft not playing in Of in two years. You also take a anon shot at Tailon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom