2021 Yankees Season | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

I think we've seen why Texas released Odor. It's time to de-Odorize. I don't know why anyone would think he would suddenly become an asset in NY. I'd rather watch Tyler Wade.

That said, one of the things I loved when learning baseball growing up is that it's a cerebral game. You have to know what you're going to do - at the plate, on the bases, and in the field - what you're going to do before it happens, regardless of what happens. Small ball taught us a lot about that part of the game, but nobody learns that anymore. Baseball is becoming Bryson DeChambeau: just bomb the shtt out of it.
Odor provides a much-needed lefthanded power bat, and he's not a liability in the field. He's actually been a good acquisition and an affordable one with Texas paying most of his large salary.

Odor provides a much-needed lefthanded power bat, and he's not a liability in the field. He's actually been a good acquisition and an affordable one with Texas paying most of his large salary.
Meh, 0.1 WAR, 84 wRC+

Party Drinks GIF by FoilArmsandHog

S A W F T. SAWFT !!!!

He is. U think George would tolerate this. I hate always bringing George up makes me look like a cult follower but he wouldn't.

If george was alive bet your bottom dollar Buxton or Marte would be Yankees. One way to get people to do better and perform is through fear. Since George has been gone there is no fear through the organization from ownership. If I was owner you release Gardner it sends a message oh blank eldest yankee a champion a leader just got released. Then you take a anon shot in the media about Stanton being soft not playing in Of in two years. You also take a anon shot at Tailon.
The last Yankee dynasty occurred because George was suspended and Gene Michael was able to develop the Yankee core that became the anchor of the dynasty Jeter, Bernie, Posada, Rivera and Pettite.

George Steinbrenner’s style wasn’t what drove the championships.
The Yankees have enough talent now to be better than they are. You don’t get to trade for every single player you want because Big George would.

If george was alive bet your bottom dollar Buxton or Marte would be Yankees. One way to get people to do better and perform is through fear. Since George has been gone there is no fear through the organization from ownership. If I was owner you release Gardner it sends a message oh blank eldest yankee a champion a leader just got released. Then you take a anon shot in the media about Stanton being soft not playing in Of in two years. You also take a anon shot at Tailon.
It would have been preferable to not bring Gardner back and commit to Tauchman this season, but they really need Gardner now with the injury situation.

It would have been preferable to not bring Gardner back and commit to Tauchman this season, but they really need Gardner now with the injury situation.

Call up Florial. U release Gardner sending a message.

I didn't say he's great, but he serves a role. Who would you replace him with from within the organization?
Odor is a boom or bust player who has busted a lot recently.
For a backup IF you want a guy who will make contact and can slap base hits.
Think Enrique Wilson, Luis Sojo type hitters.
The Red Sox had it in Brock Holt and now have it with Marwin Gonzalez.

The Yankees lineup bottom of the order isn’t good at making contact. They swing for the fences too much.

I didn't say he's great, but he serves a role. Who would you replace him with from within the organization?
At this point, I would keep him on the roster until Voit comes back and DFA him afterwards barring more injuries. I would prefer Wade gets his playing time because he is a better fielder and better base runner. He is a better roster option because he plays more positions.

At this point, I would keep him on the roster until Voit comes back and DFA him afterwards barring more injuries. I would prefer Wade gets his playing time because he is a better fielder and better base runner. He is a better roster option because he plays more positions.
That's fair. I like the versatility that Wade brings to the table and want to see him on this team long term. But if there is a spot for him on the roster, I also want Odor for the pop in his bat given how this team is predominantly right-handed, and wouldn't mind carrying one fewer pitcher to do so.

I have always been a Boone fan. Look through my posts. Move you make you wanna scare some people have them play under some fear. Here is a move release Brett Gardner veteran clubhouse leader last remaining player from 2009 world series winning team. Release him will get some guys scared I'm looking at you Giancarlo.
LOL Stanton has a guaranteed contract. And no one else would take him. They could cut the whole team and it wouldn't scare or bother Stanton.

LOL Stanton has a guaranteed contract. And no one else would take him. They could cut the whole team and it wouldn't scare or bother Stanton.
He wants Boss Jr. to call out Stanton publicly (e.g., when George called Dave Winfield "Mr. May").

It would have been preferable to not bring Gardner back and commit to Tauchman this season, but they really need Gardner now with the fact they traded away tauchman since Boone wouldn’t play him.

FIFY

Nobody wants to have to answer to Francesa or Kay.
you joke and i get it, but nobody wanted to lose Mike.

The NY Football Giants know this all too well and the jets burned bridge plan didnt help them at all.

When the mets were good and fighting for the City, Bobby & Willie had Mike on speed dial.

Pat Riley loved Mike & Dog.

the NYR would cancel a practice and postpone a game if it meant getting someone on the air with Mike.

right now Kay (despite losing the ratings war) and Boomer probably have the most clout, but neither one is really in a position to attack the Yankees.

Again, it's hard to look full of life when you don't get to first base.

I am indifferent to Boone and managers in-general. The position is basically to be a middle-manager executing the will of upper-management. At best, a manager manages the locker room. The team is full of professional veterans that probably don't need to be baby-sat.

The fact that MLB's premier organization hired a manager with no experience reflects how insignificant that position is regarded by the Yankees and baseball in-general.
Who is this premier organization you speak of?

Who is this premier organization you speak of?
The one that is worth $5.25 billion dollars. Is it debatable that it would be one of the best management jobs in baseball?

Last edited:
The one that is worth $5.25 billion dollars. Is it debatable that it would be one of the best management jobs is baseball?
I guess it's how you define "premier organization". Maybe you could have just said the most valuable MLB franchise (along with the LAD). I tend to think of a premier organization in the sense of an exceptionally run franchise.

As for the value of a MLB manager it's probably true that they're not as essential to success as say a NFL, CFB or College hoops coach. But imo they're more important than you describe. Handling a pitching staff, building a solid clubhouse environment, in-game decisions are all rather important. Kevin Cash and Alex Cora seem more capable of getting maximum production out of their teams than Aaron Boone. Maybe the NYY's reluctance to more highly value the managerial role has been a mistake.

As for the value of a MLB manager it's probably true Kevin Cash and Alex Cora seem more capable of getting maximum production out of their teams than Aaron Boone.
That would be difficult to quantify, but I would love to see you do it.

Nah you're the quant guy - I'll leave that up to you. Maybe you can come up with a WAR for managers. Here's a stat you can work with - since the start of 2020, Tampa Bay, the team with the shoestring payroll, is 82-44 while the "premier organization" in MLB is 66-59.

Nah you're the quant guy - I'll leave that up to you. Maybe you can come up with a WAR for managers. Here's a stat you can work with - since the start of 2020, Tampa Bay, the team with the shoestring payroll, is 82-44 while the "premier organization" in MLB is 66-59.
Yes, the Rays have been better than the Yankees. Is that supposed to be some sort of insult to me? The Red Sox have also been better than the Yankees this year. Congratulations! I’m here for objective baseball talk, not fan pissing-matches.

Yes, the Rays have been better than the Yankees. Is that supposed to be some sort of insult to me? The Red Sox have also been better than the Yankees this year. Congratulations! I’m here for objective baseball talk, not fan pissing-matches.
Objective baseball talk is that Cash and Cora get more out of their team than Boone does. Having said that, the problems the Yanks have, at least to this outsider, is with the front office.

Objective baseball talk is that Cash and Cora get more out of their team than Boone does.
I am open to that possibility, but I would like to see some evidence of it. The Yankees won 100+ in 2018 and 2019. I don’t think any reasonable person believes those teams underachieved. Was Boone good managing then, but now he suddenly can’t? My suspicion is that Boone had very little to do with the Yankees’ success in those seasons and has little to with them being only one game above .500 at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom