2021 Yankees Season | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

Having said that, the problems the Yanks have, at least to this outsider, is with the front office.
I have heard a theory that the Yankees have too many hitters who don’t handle elite-velocity (97 mph+) well, but I don’t think there is definitive evidence of that yet.

I have heard a theory that the Yankees have too many hitters who don’t handle elite-velocity (97 mph+) well, but I don’t think there is definitive evidence of that yet.
I was thinking that they are way too right handed hitting for the ball park they play in. They played a game against the Red Sox where they had 8 right handed hitters against a right handed pitcher. Ridiculous. They banked a lot of their front line pitching on guys that have a history of injuries. There are other things i could say but that is at the top of the list.

I was thinking that they are way too right handed hitting for the ball park they play in. They played a game against the Red Sox where they had 8 right handed hitters against a right handed pitcher. Ridiculous. They banked a lot of their front line pitching on guys that have a history of injuries. There are other things i could say but that is at the top of the list.
Yeah, the projected opening day line-up had only one left-handed bat (switch-hitting Hicks). I guess the expectation was that the right-handed bats are so good, it doesn't matter. Righties do occasionally benefit from the short Right Field in Yankee Stadium. I have heard one benefit of mixing up the lineup is that a pitcher can't get comfortable with one approach, as he is likely to pitch to lefties differently than he pitches to righties. I don't know if there is real evidence of this though.

Seemingly all of the Yankees' recent prospects have been right handed. I don't think Stanton was part of the plan, but he became available and they jumped at the opportunity to acquire him. Voit and Urshela were pleasant surprises. Perhaps, you can criticize the organization for not foreseeing this right-handed prevalence. I am not sure if that's fair. I really don't know what to make of it, but the issue intrigues me. If LeMahieu and Frazier start hitting and Stanton stays healthy, it probably won't seem like a big deal. Either way, it will be interesting. I love baseball.

Of course Yankee stadium has always been a lefties dream hitting park, but it feels like the righties were going opposite field and using the short porch quite well the last few years.
I’m not sure why they aren’t this season.

Surely there's a readily available stat for that. I mean, there is for everything else. :rolleyes:

Of course Yankee stadium has always been a lefties dream hitting park, but it feels like the righties were going opposite field and using the short porch quite well the last few years.
I’m not sure why they aren’t this season.

I'd argue homers to RF are incidental to hitters being late on fastballs, or in some cases going with pitches away. And I say that given how it seems they're all coached today to sit until a wheel house pitch comes along and then drive it (read: pull) with every fiber of their being. Maybe the averages are just catching up with them? Maybe opposing pitchers and managers have adjusted where Yankee hitters have not?

I'd argue homers to RF are incidental to hitters being late on fastballs, or in some cases going with pitches away. And I say that given how it seems they're all coached today to sit until a wheel house pitch comes along and then drive it (read: pull) with every fiber of their being. Maybe the averages are just catching up with them? Maybe opposing pitchers and managers have adjusted where Yankee hitters have not?
I’ll agree with the league catching up maybe, but those swings and HR’s they were hitting oppo last couple of seasons were strictly by design.I think the new baseball this year could be some of the problem,MLB wanted a ball this year that didn’t travel quite as far and maybe the hitters have found they need to pull everything if they want maximum distance.It also seems as if Yankee hitters are hitting way more ground balls than in previous years.It sure is a problem whatever the reason is.

I’ll agree with the league catching up maybe, but those swings and HR’s they were hitting oppo last couple of seasons were strictly by design.I think the new baseball this year could be some of the problem,MLB wanted a ball this year that didn’t travel quite as far and maybe the hitters have found they need to pull everything if they want maximum distance.It also seems as if Yankee hitters are hitting way more ground balls than in previous years.It sure is a problem whatever the reason is.
Yes, many of these guys were successfully taking it the opposite way intentionally (and successfully), including many Yankees. And don't discount whatever they did with the ball this season; I think MLB dialed it back more than they intended.

This infuriates me. I hate rehab assignments rather have guys get back into it helping the big league club.
Yeah, rush him back so he can knock off the rust in major league games and maybe re-injure himself.

Yeah, rush him back so he can knock off the rust in major league games and maybe re-injure himself.

Voit great story but need upgrade this offseason. Moving DJ to 1b Gleyber to natural 2b and signing one of the star free agent shortstops Correa Story Seager with Gio at 3b. Younger and athletic.

Voit great story but need upgrade this offseason. Moving DJ to 1b Gleyber to natural 2b and signing one of the star free agent shortstops Correa Story Seager with Gio at 3b. Younger and athletic.
I thought you wanted him to rush back. Now you want to get rid of him? Big Stein would have been embarrassed by your petulance.

Nah you're the quant guy - I'll leave that up to you. Maybe you can come up with a WAR for managers. Here's a stat you can work with - since the start of 2020, Tampa Bay, the team with the shoestring payroll, is 82-44 while the "premier organization" in MLB is 66-59.
thats ridiculous.

last year was bullshit and in the last 40 games the Rays are 30-10 and the yankees are 21-19.

that could all be overcome in 3 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom