2022-23 Bowl Season | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

2022-23 Bowl Season

Yeah I was pulling for UGA but generally thought Day outcoached Kirby for most of the night though he screwed up at the very end.

Agreed. Tough to say the guy who came in as a 6.5 point dog was out coached when he was in control most of the game until Harrison went out. I think the Stroud sack from the possession or two prior made him scared on that last set of calls.

Georgia has been on the wrong side of some absolute heartbreakers over the years. Starting to see some of that luck break the other way for them these last two years with Williams and Metchie going down last year and Harrison this year.

Not to mention that dropping back to pass in that situation risks taking a sack and really screwing over your field goal chances. A conservative 3-4 yard run is worth its weight there.
I don't know man I'm trusting my all world QB to not take a sack there. One more chunk play (they hit a zillion of them) wins the game.
Ohio st and Michigan lost. Great weekend
Ya as much as I'd like to root for "the North" vs the SEC/Texas I just can't with those programs; they're too annoying.

But he draws massive attention. Changed everything.
Thats why I said it helps having him on the field. What I disagree with is that it changed everything. Stroud was the biggest factor. He extended plays and made it hard to cover the wr's for that long. He made plays/throws with his legs that caused a lot of damage including the ones to Harrison. The offense didnt struggle moving the ball without him.

The hit he took…wicked.
Regardless of whether it was targeting, a hit to the head should be a personal foul
The hit Harrison took is the kind of hit moms see and drive to purchase soccer balls and that dads don't fight. That hit was hard core.
That is exactly what the targeting rule should be about. The guy dove at Harrison, and even if it wasn't helmet to helmet he drove his shoulder into the head area. A defenseless player, the guy should have been tossed.

I didn’t see it that way. It was a hard hit but it was clean. It’s football, especially with this level of athletes, there’s gonna be severe contact. I don’t recall thinking there was a hit to the head. That targeting call is like the block/charge of football though, I saw calls that seemed like clear targeting not get upheld on review and saw calls that seemed like clean hits get called the other way. Crazy subjective the way they use it and with such big consequences its something they have to do a better job with.

Thats why I said it helps having him on the field. What I disagree with is that it changed everything. Stroud was the biggest factor. He extended plays and made it hard to cover the wr's for that long. He made plays/throws with his legs that caused a lot of damage including the ones to Harrison. The offense didnt struggle moving the ball without him.
OSU scored three points after Harrison left the game late in the 3rd quarter. They had five TDs prior to his departure.

OSU scored three points after Harrison left the game late in the 3rd quarter. They had five TDs prior to his departure.
It’s not as simple as saying the whole game changed without him in there. Harrison doesn’t play defense. That unit was a big factor in them losing as well. OSU scored 10 points in the 3rd with Harrison in the game. So how many 4th quarter points you think they get with him in there?

Last edited:
It’s not as simple as saying the whole game changed without him in there. Harrison doesn’t play defense. That unit was big factor in them losing as well. OSU scored 10 points in the 3rd with Harrison in the game. So how many 4th quarter points you think they get with him in the game?
Not sure but just three more would have done the trick. He was probably the best player on the field. Had over 100 yards in the 1H. There had to be some serious impact when he left the game.

Not sure but just three more would have done the trick. He was probably the best player on the field. Had over 100 yards in the 1H. There had to be some serious impact when he left the game.
Thats fair

431D15B6-5A23-4957-9CF3-7EF2E18976E5.jpeg

Last edited:
Would like to know which coach actually caught that and got it to Kirby.

That’s an incredible job mapping tape study to real time game decision making where a split second mattered.
It was a special teams analyst that saw it from the box. He sent it down to the field. Kirby was still on the defensive headset so somebody relayed the info to him just in time to call the timeout.

Turns out OSU had 12 on the field at the time as well, but the refs missed it.

Regardless of whether it was targeting, a hit to the head should be a personal foul

That is exactly what the targeting rule should be about. The guy dove at Harrison, and even if it wasn't helmet to helmet he drove his shoulder into the head area. A defenseless player, the guy should have been tossed.
The hit was basically a car crash, but it was clean. Bullard’s shoulder went into Harrison’s chest and shoulder area. I’m not smart enough to post a Twitter link on here, but there’s a number of close up videos of the play. Kid brought the wood for being 6’ 180lbs. Stroud did Harrison no favors by hanging that ball in the air forever.

The hit was basically a car crash, but it was clean. Bullard’s shoulder went into Harrison’s chest and shoulder area. I’m not smart enough to post a Twitter link on here, but there’s a number of close up videos of the play. Kid brought the wood for being 6’ 180lbs. Stroud did Harrison no favors by hanging that ball in the air forever.
So how does he end up with a concussion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom