2022-23 Bowl Season | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

2022-23 Bowl Season

Did Utah even show up…I hate seeing PSU crushing it in this game.

After watching most of the Bowl games I’m convinced they got it right on picking the 4 playoff teams.
I have little doubt also. Both games were very competitive and all 4 teams were a level above anything else I have seen.

I have little doubt also. Both games were very competitive and all 4 teams were a level above anything else I have seen.

With opt-outs and left-out fever, it's hard to tell.

With opt-outs and left-out fever, it's hard to tell.
Well I'm not just considering the bowls. I'm also considering the 12 games with no opt-outs before that.

I think I'll do Utah a solid and never watch them play FB again. I can't think of a time I've watched them when they didn't get smoked.

I guess I should say post Urban Meyer/Alex Smith, but still.

Before the opt-outs and when they thought they had a chance to be selected?
I’m talking about the entire year of college football.
To me it’s pretty obvious the 4 best teams were selected.
After watching the bowls nothing changed that opinion. Opt outs or no opt outs they had best teams in playoffs.

I’m talking about the entire year of college football.
To me it’s pretty obvious the 4 best teams were selected.
After watching the bowls nothing changed that opinion. Opt outs or no opt outs they had best teams in playoffs.

As long as you weren't judging it by what happened int he other bowls, which area a different world. Many though TCU didn't belong. Those teams could certainly be scored upon.

As long as you weren't judging it by what happened int he other bowls, which area a different world. Many though TCU didn't belong. Those teams could certainly be scored upon.
Who deserved it more than these 4?

Who deserved it more than these 4?

Why would somebody have to deserve it more? I'm just saying that there might be other teams as good, which we could find out in an expanded playoff.

Why would somebody have to deserve it more? I'm just saying that there might be other teams as good, which we could find out in an expanded playoff.
Not sure where expanded playoffs came in, but right now they pick the 4 best teams and these were the 4 most deserving by play on the field.

I think I'll do Utah a solid and never watch them play FB again. I can't think of a time I've watched them when they didn't get smoked.
They did beat Lincoln Riley 2x this year, so there’s that.

Not sure where expanded playoffs came in, but right now they pick the 4 best teams and these were the 4 most deserving by play on the field.

You seemed to be saying that what you saw in the other bowls led to that conclusion. My response what that you couldn't tell much from that, under the circumstances. The comment on expanded playoffs was in case you were trying to argue that 4 teams was all we need.

You seemed to be saying that what you saw in the other bowls led to that conclusion. My response what that you couldn't tell much from that, under the circumstances. The comment on expanded playoffs was in case you were trying to argue that 4 teams was all we need.
More than 4 teams is all about money, nothing to do with determining the best team.
What other 8 teams do you think were better than the 4 we got? Alabama is probably the only one that would have had a shot at winning this year in a expanded playoff, but they didn’t even make their conference championship game so I don’t feel bad for them.Depth issues will really creep up once you start expanding this format.

Tulane says hi
Is that the same Tulane that lost to the University of Southern Mississippi?
Tulane is good, but can’t have 2 non P5 losses and make a 4 team playoff.

Is that the same Tulane that lost to the University of Southern Mississippi?
Tulane is good, but can’t have 2 non P5 losses and make a 4 team playoff.
All the more reason to expand the playoffs the point of the bowl games is for us to have interesting matchups we usually wouldn’t see in season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom