2022 Coaching Carousel | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Coaching Carousel

sorry, that came off rude. Didn’t mean it like that. I have a pretty good connection with this one. Basically said before the ncaa tournament he was already gone. Most likely to UMass (things obviously change). Especially with the run they went on in the Tournament and Willard news coming. Then it became a forgone conclusion he was going to seton hall.

I do wonder if he gets the seton hall job if they lose to Kentucky first round. I saw a lot of media raving about the job he did just winning the MAAC. So I know he was on the radar for some programs. Just wonder if he gets a P6 job without the run in March.
Have a couple Seton Hall connections who said the ink was dry before the tournament. Maybe the St. Peter’s run changed the final numbers, but don’t think there was ever a doubt he was the Willard succession plan.

No love for Don Brown, he made some serious moves in the portal? Brown at football and Frank Martin at basketball are huge steps forward for UMASS sports. They are both legitimate P5 coaches.
I am very excited about the future of UMass football and basketball right now but the schedule they have to play as a football independent is just brutal. The goal has to be getting to a respectable level, even if that doesn't mean getting to a bowl game, by the next real round of realignment. AAC is the ceiling, though. MAC is probably more realistic if they're willing to leave A10 hoops behind for something that only benefits football.

If the state starts funding athletics like a flagship state school that plays FBS football should be funded, the basketball program can consistently play in the postseason and the football team can be competitive relative to their peers. People care about UMass athletics and will go to western Massachusetts to support the revenue sports but if they don't get it figured out in the next couple of years I don't know what the answer is.

I think Frank Martin can kill it there. If Don Brown can't get the football team to be competitive then I'm not sure if anyone can. They are bringing in talent and he can coach but it is by no means a sure thing. We'll see.

I am very excited about the future of UMass football and basketball right now but the schedule they have to play as a football independent is just brutal. The goal has to be getting to a respectable level, even if that doesn't mean getting to a bowl game, by the next real round of realignment. AAC is the ceiling, though. MAC is probably more realistic if they're willing to leave A10 hoops behind for something that only benefits football.

If the state starts funding athletics like a flagship state school that plays FBS football should be funded, the basketball program can consistently play in the postseason and the football team can be competitive relative to their peers. People care about UMass athletics and will go to western Massachusetts to support the revenue sports but if they don't get it figured out in the next couple of years I don't know what the answer is.

I think Frank Martin can kill it there. If Don Brown can't get the football team to be competitive then I'm not sure if anyone can. They are bringing in talent and he can coach but it is by no means a sure thing. We'll see.
I don't think they could have gotten any better coaches, so that's a good start.

was reading a bit about this one - sounds like they knew they're were going to can him but waited like 3 weeks til today so that the buyout went way down - yeah it's business but pretty rotten on Butler's part
Poorly worded contract, would have made the buyout change on July 1st

If GMAC gets the Albany gig, then we will promote griff and add Nichols to the staff. That’s because we are in easy button mode these days.
UAlbany job will NOT be open. Coach Killings received a $25,000 fine and 5 game suspension; he will not be replaced per the Albany Times Union.

I'd guess that JW just crossed off Thad Matta from his potential coaching list.

Matta isn't leaving his alma mater after just one (or two?) year for Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom