2022 Coaching Carousel | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Coaching Carousel

Normally it would be unlikely someone like Reed would trek up to SU, but you never know. Definitely worth a call.

Messed up the way Bethune-Cookman is handling the entire situation. It will be interesting to see how a new era of transparency and access ushered in by coaches like Reed and Sanders will be met by traditionally tight lipped boards and administration used to controlling the narrative.

I’m confused by this. Do we know if Ed reed can recruit or coach college FB players? Why is how Bethune-cookman handling of the situation messed up?

I’m confused by this. Do we know if Ed reed can recruit or coach college FB players? Why is how Bethune-cookman handling of the situation messed up?
Look at his bio. Worked as a DB coach for the Bills and spent a few years in Miami as the Chief of Staff. Also coached the HS All American Games. Reed has been coaching or involved at the HS, college, and pro level since he retired in 2013.

Recruiting pitch from a DB coach that was a 9-time pro bowler and most prolific DB of his generation tends to sell itself. Seems to be working for Deion.

UBC agreed to the initial contract and put Reed to work on the recruiting trail. They refused to honor the deal when they realized he wasn’t willing to negotiate down on resource investments for the athletics department. There was speculation of his contract being structured around expectations of similar success as Deion (holding Reed to that standard) but they balked at the resourcing and investment that would be necessary to get the program out of the SWAC cellar.

Look at his bio. Worked as a DB coach for the Bills and spent a few years in Miami as the Chief of Staff. Also coached the HS All American Games. Reed has been coaching or involved at the HS, college, and pro level since he retired in 2013.

Recruiting pitch from a DB coach that was a 9-time pro bowler and most prolific DB of his generation tends to sell itself. Seems to be working for Deion.

UBC agreed to the initial contract and put Reed to work on the recruiting trail. They refused to honor the deal when they realized he wasn’t willing to negotiate down on resource investments for the athletics department. There was speculation of his contract being structured around expectations of similar success as Deion (holding Reed to that standard) but they balked at the resourcing and investment that would be necessary to get the program out of the SWAC cellar.

Good info, thanks. Hadn’t seen all the info with UBC, just basic glazed over articles.

People are about to get exposed to the corruption that takes place at HBCUs. Deion Sanders tried telling people but was called out of his name.

7CC6A9DC-DEBD-4F28-AA63-8FF268E72401.jpeg

They had major injuries to their safeties. Playing back ups all year. Not sure how that’s Salgado’s fault.
Bring him back to Syracuse to coach Safeties.

That would be a great hire. If I remember correctly he was also a good recruiter especially in LI and NYC.

That would be a great hire. If I remember correctly he was also a good recruiter especially in LI and NYC.

yeah he is from down there, played at Hofstra. He probably will wait and see if anything opens up in the NFL with the turnover etc but you never know. He coached some pretty good safeties in Buffalo

Gattis was the hottest assistant coach in the country not that long ago. Like last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom