2022 Horse Racing | Syracusefan.com

2022 Horse Racing

Jockey on 14 Barber Rd is from Victor, NY and a SUNY Cortland grad, played lacrosse there. Great kid. Ill be rooting for him

Rey Gutierrez

Excited to look over the PPs tonight more in depth...but I can't see not laying on Epicenter on 1st glance with that draw

Excited to look over the PPs tonight more in depth...but I can't see not laying on Epicenter on 1st glance with that draw

yeah just needs a clean break. I like him and the 7 crown point. and of course a few bucks on 14 barber rd but he’s kind of a one dimensional plodder but should get distance no problem

when was the last time they did Draws on a monday. its been midweek for like forever..

Little surprised Zandon is the ML favorite over Epicenter since he lost to him in the Risen Star. But Zandon has been training very well. I think Epicenter will be the favorite come Saturday post-time, but I will be backing Chad Brown's Zandon.

Little surprised Zandon is the ML favorite over Epicenter since he lost to him in the Risen Star. But Zandon has been training very well. I think Epicenter will be the favorite come Saturday post-time, but I will be backing Chad Brown's Zandon.

Agreed. I think Charge It has a chance too. If you look at the Florida Derby he hit the gate on the break and has been working like a beast since. Taiba looks super talented as well.

My Dad used to work for this best practices group at his company called "Simplification". Good reason as any for my cash.

Lazy plays by me in the Oaks.. was rushed for time since I was out all day.. Keyed the 1 in the Ex so that paid ok.. really needed the 9 to get up for 2nd for good money.. Boxed the tri 1-2-4-7-9 so that paid nice.. but they only do the $1 supers and and I ddnt want to throw more money at a race i couldnt watch so that cost me $3500.. really would have been pissed if the 9 had gotten up for 2nd as it would have paid a ton more.. oh well.. still got 4 horses left on the oaks derby double that can win a decent chunk/

Lazy plays by me in the Oaks.. was rushed for time since I was out all day.. Keyed the 1 in the Ex so that paid ok.. really needed the 9 to get up for 2nd for good money.. Boxed the tri 1-2-4-7-9 so that paid nice.. but they only do the $1 supers and and I ddnt want to throw more money at a race i couldnt watch so that cost me $3500.. really would have been pissed if the 9 had gotten up for 2nd as it would have paid a ton more.. oh well.. still got 4 horses left on the oaks derby double that can win a decent chunk/
That's good if you cashed. I know a lot of people bet with the 4, 7, 10, myself included, maybe included the one but definitely not the 9. I mean that horse was 50/1 for a reason. Even looking back at her prior results, yes she won her last race but had three pedestrian efforts prior to that. That's what sucks about these big field races that it's hard to capture every betting angle. But it does make you think. A perfect example today is White Abarrio. I love that horse but there are at least three or four other horses that deserve more attention.

That's good if you cashed. I know a lot of people bet with the 4, 7, 10, myself included, maybe included the one but definitely not the 9. I mean that horse was 50/1 for a reason. Even looking back at her prior results, yes she won her last race but had three pedestrian efforts prior to that. That's what sucks about these big field races that it's hard to capture every betting angle. But it does make you think. A perfect example today is White Abarrio. I love that horse but there are at least three or four other horses that deserve more attention.
i looked at the 9 and how she had run.. form trending forward if you just see that 4 of the bad/avg times were at Delmar and toss them. the last race was the 2nd off the whole field and that was Echo zulu who really bounced down the last race and faded again this race. never saw anything in the 10 no improvement ever since race 1 . i though she could get up to 3-4-5 but had to draw the line somewhere.. just the replay of the race this morning didnt realize how well the 9 finished to almost get 2nd..

and man the Derby has become such a long day first post 10:30 the last at 8pm.. I get its a party but man thats alot of time to spend at the track or even bet online.

Agreed. I think Charge It has a chance too. If you look at the Florida Derby he hit the gate on the break and has been working like a beast since. Taiba looks super talented as well.

Thanks for this...I watched the Fla Derby again a couple times the last couple of days, looked at the numbers closer, and I think I’m going all in on Charge It today.

The gate thing, he was running like an inexperience horse down the stretch but even then, give him the distance today even with the gate, I think he passes White Abarrio. Improved in the the 2nd race out last time, give him the hottest jockey on the course and Pletcher and the workouts...at that price...think that’s the play for me.

i looked at the 9 and how she had run.. form trending forward if you just see that 4 of the bad/avg times were at Delmar and toss them. the last race was the 2nd off the whole field and that was Echo zulu who really bounced down the last race and faded again this race. never saw anything in the 10 no improvement ever since race 1 . i though she could get up to 3-4-5 but had to draw the line somewhere.. just the replay of the race this morning didnt realize how well the 9 finished to almost get 2nd..

Loved the 9 yesterday too but totally whiffed on the winner. Dumb of me to lean too hard into the numbers in the race against the boys. Lesson learned.

and man the Derby has become such a long day first post 10:30 the last at 8pm.. I get its a party but man thats alot of time to spend at the track or even bet online.
Some good races leading up to the Derby. Chad Brown's two horses in the 5th. Yakteen's horse which could be a indication of how his two Derby horses will do and then Jackie's Warrior, maybe today's best bet.

hit 3 of the first 4.. dont like to bet the Gb horses with no real runs here so lost that race. was gonna take abreak to do some yard work. but tough to walk away

Some good races leading up to the Derby. Chad Brown's two horses in the 5th. Yakteen's horse which could be a indication of how his two Derby horses will do and then Jackie's Warrior, maybe today's best bet.
Big day for Chad Brown so far. Will it continue?

Our boy is there.

img_2_1651957259454.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All the horizontals HEAVY on Taiba
I'm a huge Mike Smith big race guy and I just rewatched the SA Derby but I'm not going to change my wagers. Hopefully I won't regret it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom