2022 Men’s U21 Championship: Aug 10-20 in Ireland | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Men’s U21 Championship: Aug 10-20 in Ireland

I liked his air one timer
I just saw the beginning of the game on my lunch hour and in that time he had the in air one timer, dusted a longpole and scored, and completely juked the crap out of another one before passing it off. That is all with Entamenn in cage. If he can do that to the team USA longpoles imagine what he can do to a short stick O guy trapped on defense?

Would love if we employed more two way play next year. We dont need full on Matt Abott/Jovan levels of two way play, just enough of it to keep a team honest. We did it a solid amount with Joe Gillis and Paolo Ciferri when they were our top ssdms. With the two transfers we brought in, plus some promising freshman like Trujillo, you wonder if we can afford to run Aviles for slightly less ssdm shifts, but not be afraid to keep him on O when it gets down to that end. Rosa can shoot quite well too and Olexo can shoot the crap out of the ball with a long pole.

Aviles looked really fast against the USA and some really good offense. I hope he gets a look for top 6 middies.

I just saw the beginning of the game on my lunch hour and in that time he had the in air one timer, dusted a longpole and scored, and completely juked the crap out of another one before passing it off. That is all with Entamenn in cage. If he can do that to the team USA longpoles imagine what he can do to a short stick O guy trapped on defense?

Would love if we employed more two way play next year. We dont need full on Matt Abott/Jovan levels of two way play, just enough of it to keep a team honest. We did it a solid amount with Joe Gillis and Paolo Ciferri when they were our top ssdms. With the two transfers we brought in, plus some promising freshman like Trujillo, you wonder if we can afford to run Aviles for slightly less ssdm shifts, but not be afraid to keep him on O when it gets down to that end. Rosa can shoot quite well too and Olexo can shoot the crap out of the ball with a long pole.
I would at least want him on face offs.. if we lose he’s there for d.. if we win he’s there for instant offensive pressure

I would at least want him on face offs.. if we lose he’s there for d.. if we win he’s there for instant offensive pressure
Aviles took face offs at Ward Melville and was quite good. With no real F/O option on the roster, maybe he can be a real threat there and stay on the field.

Aviles took face offs at Ward Melville and was quite good. With no real F/O option on the roster, maybe he can be a real threat there and stay on the field.
Don’t believe he has done any facing off for Puerto Rico but I haven’t seen every game. I would guess he is kind of out of the habit. Would be quite cool if that was an option but I doubt it actually happens. Lasalla was doing a little of that for UVA last year. Definitely would be nice to keep him out on O after staying on the wing but you are usually up against a D mid in that case anyways.

Aviles was very impressive playing offense this week. He could def be a two way once in a while. The transfer Murphy can play offense to. I saw him play a summer game against Brennon O'Neals team and he played both ways while scoring a few goals. What I really like this yr we are way more athletic at D mid this yr. If Rice can get better with his man to man D and footwork. We can have two solid D mid lines with fast athletic guys. Huge difference from last yr. If Mark the goalie has a good yr we will be so much better defensively. Man they should have TD work with Aviles on face offs. He's strong, fast and tough. If he can take some face offs then stay on would be such a weapon. Especially against bigger Fogos where the new guy is light and may struggle. Aviles can help out and take some face offs. Can't hurt having TD work with him and try it out.

Haudenosaunee hanging with US and Trey Deere is wheelin and dealin. Hope they pull off the upset. How you could root for USA in this matchup is beyond me.

He talked about Cole being able to pass too. He's got over 10 assists I think. Not sure exact number but a lot.
You are correct..10 assists
It’s one of the things I’m looking forward to from next year’s team. there is gonna be much more passing and less plays were the ball is dying in a players stick… I hope the assists will go up Tremendously next year

I'm really curious how good Aviles could be taking face offs with TD training him. The kid is quick, athletic and strong. He's scrappy I could see him being solid. Wouldn't need him to take a lot of face offs but maybe 30% of them. Then having him stay on for early offense or drop back on defense. To have a face off guy who can play offense and defense is such a weapon. He's a tough scrappy kid man he would battle out there. That would solidify the position and take a lot of pressure off the young transfer. Team Puerto Rico had the kid Baez who was a freshman at Jacksonville taking face offs so they didn't need him to. It has me curious to how solid he could be and the weapon he could be there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom