2022 Mets thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Mets thread

I don't know why Washington would be head-hunting in the first series of the season. Are they mad because we got Scherzer?

Cold wet night. I was at both games. Bad pitchers and no sticky stuff.

Nats went up and in on Lindor which is what happens when someone squares to bunt (see Trea Turner in 2019) but clearly didn't want to hit him in his teeth.

Hadn’t thought of that. Could be something left over from last year. You make a good point that it is strange to start off the season that way.

The last thing Corbin wants to do is hit a guy. The others weren't here last year. Nothing to do with Max.

We are going to regret that Castro for Rodriguez trade for a long time.

Giving away our reliever with the best stuff for a castoff that probably doesn't belong in the big leagues.

I thought our front office was better than this.

It's frustrating. Hopefully we are at least in the hunt long enough to not have to live off of football and hoops off season stuff all summer and late spring.

the mets need Lugo to be Lugo... They keep throwing him out there thinking he is the guy from 2 yrs ago.. but he hasnt had control for awhile now.. if he shuts them down Monday all is fine. one good outing and one bad one so far.. really wish they had found a way to keep loup

the mets need Lugo to be Lugo... They keep throwing him out there thinking he is the guy from 2 yrs ago.. but he hasnt had control for awhile now.. if he shuts them down Monday all is fine. one good outing and one bad one so far.. really wish they had found a way to keep loup

I admittedly haven't followed the data closely but we have to be near the bottom on innings pitched for starters. It's so frustrating to watch every good outing go 5 and sometimes 6 and then it's straight to the bullpen. Totally agree on Lugo and Loup but we need at least a couple guys in this rotation. Going 7 plus most nights. Otherwise it's just groundhog day with the pen.

i doubt it, but i havent looked either.. we have pitched deeper than any of the teams we have faced so far.

our starters have faced the 5th most batters so far if that means anything.. Walker leaving after 2 scoreless skews that. our starters also lead in innings pitched..

i doubt it, but i havent looked either.. we have pitched deeper than any of the teams we have faced so far.

our starters have faced the 5th most batters so far if that means anything.. Walker leaving after 2 scoreless skews that. our starters also lead in innings pitched..

So just found it we are 6th right now.. to your point of being better. That said the whole league is way down to start the year( we are 4.8 which would have been right at 25th where we finished last year)

2021 we were 25th in IP per Game Started
2020 we were 23rd
2019 we were 1st
2018 we were 6th

Major swing there (injuries of course hurting us).

6 starts 4.8 thats 28.8.. take the walker game out and thats 26.8 5.4. trying to get to 6+ is huge with this bullpen.. max will get there soon I would think and I think Bassett does too. Tylor is close now , but theya re trying to build him up and limit is innings. DeGrom if he comes back will probably take awhile. Cookie looked good first game lets see if he can build off that. Walker/Peterson who knows what you get there.

Megill has been really impressive. He is throwing 97 mph, has some off speed stuff, good control and shows some moxie when he gets in trouble.

Bassitt has looked very good. Carrasco looked the best he has since he donned a Mets uniform. Maybe he is going to be a solid starting again with his elbow fixed.

If we lose Walker for a long time too, it gets pretty scary. Thank God Peterson is looking good right now. We had great starting pitching depth until spring training was almost over.

Encouraged by what Drew Smith is doing. Diaz looked good last night. Of course, he had to make it exciting but his slider was unhittable. The rest of the relievers scare me.

the issue now is what happens in may when hey have to cut pitchers to get to the roster limits.. only a couple can be sent down with options.

the issue now is what happens in may when hey have to cut pitchers to get to the roster limits.. only a couple can be sent down with options.
I predict the Mets will trade Dom Smith for prospects, DA Jankowski and put one of the pitchers on the DL. Probably Trevor May. Someone will break down.

Hope they can keep Dom on the roster and DL two pitchers. He is a valuable piece. Don't want to let him go.

I predict the Mets will trade Dom Smith for prospects, DA Jankowski and put one of the pitchers on the DL. Probably Trevor May. Someone will break down.

Hope they can keep Dom on the roster and DL two pitchers. He is a valuable piece. Don't want to let him go.
What makes Dom a valuable piece? Outside of the Covid season has he done anything more than prove potential? It looks like he still is struggling to hit curves and off speed stuff

What makes Dom a valuable piece? Outside of the Covid season has he done anything more than prove potential? It looks like he still is struggling to hit curves and off speed stuff
He played hurt last year. Could not swing the bat normally. You don’t just go from a great off speed hitter to a terrible one overnight.

Was solid in 2019 and one of the best hitters in the NL in 2020. He has a great swing. He is going to be a star for someone if he is healthy and given a chance.

Mets Seaver statue presentation was pretty nice.. They did a good job on that statue

The Mets really nailed this Tom Seaver statue. It really is fantastic.
Mets Seaver statue presentation was pretty nice.. They did a good job on that statue
Great job all around. Beautiful statue and nice ceremony. It was good to see Nancy and his two daughters.

Mets with their opener for the 40th time in 61 seasons :) :

That's the best opening day winning percentage in the major leagues. The thing is, they were 0-8 in the 1960's and are 40-13 since. That's .755! :p

I only wish it were some kind of predictor of what kind of season it was going to be. :oops:
It is : it's an inverse correlation

Great job all around. Beautiful statue and nice ceremony. It was good to see Nancy and his two daughters.
It's amazing what actually having competent ownership can do for you.

It's amazing what actually having competent ownership can do for you.
Fwiw… the Wilponzie’s commissioned the statue. But w Covid and other stuff with the sculptor apparently he took longer than he should have. Not sure why I’m defending the Wilpons but here we are.

Bassitt again really solid. Let's hope they don't throw away this one. Gotta say the NL West has been a big source of wins for us though.

Fwiw… the Wilponzie’s commissioned the statue. But w Covid and other stuff with the sculptor apparently he took longer than he should have. Not sure why I’m defending the Wilpons but here we are.
The Seaver statue should have been at Citi field when it opened instead of the ode to the Dodgers. Minus the Jackie Robinson rotunda of course.