2022 MLB Season | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2022 MLB Season

Hey, hope you're staying cool out there!
Thanks, my friend. :) Can't complain too much about a week reaching 90° when I look at the rest of the country. Dropping back down to about 75 by mid week.

Fun fact: The #1 prospect in the National's farm system, Cade Cavalli, is older than Juan Soto.

Interesting to see what kind of contract Soto gets in two years. Love him to death, he cannot catch much. Boras comparing him to Betts and Trout on that level is funny, sad, and sorta what's wrong with baseball.

Interesting to see what kind of contract Soto gets in two years. Love him to death, he cannot catch much. Boras comparing him to Betts and Trout on that level is funny, sad, and sorta what's wrong with baseball.
Organizations are valuing defense more now that it’s quantifiable. You don’t have to worry about teams viewing Soto in the same way as Trout and Betts.

Organizations are valuing defense more now that it’s quantifiable. You don’t have to worry about teams viewing Soto in the same way as Trout and Betts.

Oh I don't. Went Sunday, he took a circle route to miss a pop up.

But someone needs to tell this guy:

images

Keep hugging those prospects Cashman!
I think Cashman played this trade deadline fairly well. Would've loved to have gotten Castillo, but overall, it looks like the Yankees got better without giving up too much. Plus, they found someone to take Gallo!

Phils just traded their best non-pitching prospect for Brandon Marsh, a career .238 hitter, who's batting .226 this year. You know, for the off-chance that they might sneak into a Wild Card game.

Far be it from me to overreact, but THIS S-U-U-U-U-U-CKSSSS!!!

Phils just traded their best non-pitching prospect for Brandon Marsh, a career .238 hitter, who's batting .226 this year. You know, for the off-chance that they might sneak into a Wild Card game.

Far be it from me to overreact, but THIS S-U-U-U-U-U-CKSSSS!!!
They ALSO just acquired David 'Putting Out The Fire With Gasoline' Robertson for a decent pitching prospect--because helping their hopes go down in flames once before just wasn't enough.

Last edited:
OK, I don't hate getting Syndergaard, who is no longer Thor. Got rid of Moniak and a lightly-regarded prospect. Another serviceable starting pitcher was needed.

Bummer that the Field of Dreams game is between two of the worst teams in the league. Last year’s Yankees-White Sox game was one of the most memorable regular season games I’ve watched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom