2022 MLB Season | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2022 MLB Season

That's a spicy meatball! 28-5

Blue Jays vs. Red Sox - Box Score - July 22, 2022 - ESPN

Pitching excellence:

Eovaldi got 8 guys out, put 10 on base and 9 of them scored.

Davis got 4 guys out, put 5 on base and they all scored.

Ort got 2 guys out, put 8 on base and they all scored.

Hernandez got 4 guys out, put 7 on base and 5 scored.

3-25 after 5 innings. 5-28. In Fenway. After losing their last two games before the break 1-14 and 2-13. That's 8-55 in three games.

Last edited:
A Belli Bomb! That Joe Davis call! Crowd going nuts. Love it all.

I see that Angel Hernandez is trending on Twitter.

What call did he blow now?

I was at the game with my youngest son. It was probably the most entertaining game I've ever been to. After getting a fist bump from the cute starlet who threw out the first pitch, things got even better. The grand slam was a thing to behold. After Duran located the ball, he put in no effort at all to try and retrieve it. Of course he led off the bottom of the inning and promptly struck out To think that the Sox got the first 2 outs before the floodgates opened as the Jays scored 11 straight. I don't recall for sure, but this may have also been the inning where there was a pop up near the pitchers mound that 3 players stood around watching as it dropped, untouched, to the ground. So much fun.

Blue Jays vs. Red Sox - Box Score - July 22, 2022 - ESPN

Pitching excellence:

Eovaldi got 8 guys out, put 10 on base and 9 of them scored.

Davis got 4 guys out, put 5 on base and they all scored.

Ort got 2 guys out, put 8 on base and they all scored.

Hernandez got 4 guys out, put 7 on base and 5 scored.

3-25 after 5 innings. 5-28. In Fenway. After losing their last two games before the break 1-14 and 2-13. That's 8-55 in three games.

They said on ESPN last night that the Red Sox had lost 5 consecutive games by a total of 54 runs. The last team to do that was the 1899 Cleveland Spiders, the worst team of all time.

I wish Cashman had the same urgency with team not winning a WS since 2009. But he's got a job for life and cheap Hal doesn't care because the money is still flowing, WS or not.

Unusual for the Reds to actually try and improve their team. It seems that they made a pretty good deal. They obviously weren’t going to hold on to Castillo.

The thing I've taken from this season more than any other I've watched is the overwhelming importance of pitching. I follow the O's and their whole run back to respectability has been the pitching. The key has been the shutdown pen and the irony in that is that the pen is a bunch of pitchers no one else wanted.

Look at the Red Sox team ERA and look at where the Sox are in the standings.

Those are staggering #s by Gwynn. Wade Boggs had crazy #s like that, too. He struck out more than Gwynn but he walked a ton as well. Different kind of game today. I do think guys that make consistent contact are underappreciated in today's game. It's great to hit 30 dingers but if you strike out 150-170 times then you're not very productive.

He probably wouldn't be as valued by the pocket protectors in today's games, but it was really fun to watch somebody as good as Tony hit, even if the Braves could never get him out.
Gwynn amassed 65 WAR and had a career 132 wRC+. The nerds would like him.

Boggs has about 18 more WAR because he was a better fielder at a position with a more scarce skill set.

Both are hall of famers by everybody’s measures.

Coors Field might be the stupidest place on Earth. The Rockies should move.

Gwynn amassed 65 WAR and had a career 132 wRC+. The nerds would like him.

Boggs has about 18 more WAR because he was a better fielder at a position with a more scarce skill set.

Both are hall of famers by everybody’s measures.
In the first part of Boggs' career he had a reputation as a mediocre third baseman. Led the AL in errors his first two full seasons (83 and 84). I remember there was talk about moving him to another position but he worked really hard at improving his defense. By the mid 90s he won a couple of gold gloves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom