2022 MLB Season | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2022 MLB Season

That was happening so much, I assumed they had gotten rid of the rule that the ball has to land before the next pitch is thrown.
Same with me. I missed the beginning so I figured the rules had changed

My preference is for the players to wear their normal uniforms, but these unis tonight with the normal team fonts on the white and black aren't bad. I particularly like the NL.

Last edited:
Now they're miking the pitcher? I'm trying to picture Bob Gibson going for that!

OIP.0t83iClMabYUFQOy-ZGV_wHaEU

Anyone else think it’s time for a format change to spice things up for the All Star Game? Feel like it’s been blah and lacking excitement the last few years. Maybe instead of American vs National, pick 4 captains who get to pick their teams and have a mini tournament consisting of three inning games. Still comes out to nine innings. A little mix of NBA and NHL. Just an idea. The home run derby is great but the game itself has been lackluster.

Anyone else think it’s time for a format change to spice things up for the All Star Game? Feel like it’s been blah and lacking excitement the last few years. Maybe instead of American vs National, pick 4 captains who get to pick their teams and have a mini tournament consisting of three inning games. Still comes out to nine innings. A little mix of NBA and NHL. Just an idea. The home run derby is great but the game itself has been lackluster.
I'd leave it alone. At least it closely resembles the actual game, unlike the all-star games of other major sports. It lacks excitement because interleague play removed the novelty of these players rarely facing each other.

Yes, playing well. And Justin Turner had struggled badly much of the year, but is now on fire. So perhaps Muncy will turn it around too.

Starting to think this is just what Bellinger is - it’s been a few years. Still brings a lot to the table with his fielding and speed on the bases and still hits the occasional homer, so he’s contributing at least.
The NL Joey Gallo?

Talking about home runs from 1987. There was 79 players who hit 20 or more. How many can you name?

I named 67 out of 79 (85%). If you asked me to name the top 79 home run hitters from 2022 (or any year since 2000), I would probably get 30-40%. My retention of useless data from my child hood is still strong (hockey and baseball stats between 1982 to 1988).

View attachment 218305

That Reds outfield of the Cobra, Kal Daniels and my personal favorite, Eric Davis all over 20 homeruns. Davis is, IMO, one of the most underrated players of the last 40 years. Injuries took away so much from his game. This is kind of dry, but hammers home my point.

That Reds outfield of the Cobra, Kal Daniels and my personal favorite, Eric Davis all over 20 homeruns. Davis is, IMO, one of the most underrated players of the last 40 years. Injuries took away so much from his game. This is kind of dry, but hammers home my point.

Daniels, too. He was done before he was 30:

That team also had Paul O'Neill.

Daniels, too. He was done before he was 30:

That team also had Paul O'Neill.
And Spuds, the Nasty Boys, Danny Jackson, Hal Morris, I could go on and on.

Agree 100% - he was an amazing player, especially that year with 80 stolen bases. His comeback from colon cancer was a great story too

As a Yankees fan, I can't help but think of Brien Taylor. #1 pick, then destroys his shoulder in a fight, and eventually ends up in prison. A sad story and you wonder what could have happened with better guidance and influences.

My uncle drew Eric's blood that night he lacerated his kidney in the World Series in Oakland.

The SF Giants coming back to Earth, after everything fell perfectly into place for them last year, has been beautiful to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom