2022 MLB Season | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2022 MLB Season

Hold up….they still do that whole intro for Diaz when they’re losing 4-0?

Probably haven’t really brought him in, in that situation before. But I think it’s tie game/save situation material only. The few Pads fans there were rightfully loving it. Kinda defeats the purpose?

Mariners bringing Robbie Ray on in relief. Crazy

Mariners bringing Robbie Ray on in relief. Crazy

I hate decisions like that. But if you're going to do it, and you're lucky he fouled off the first pitch that was right down the middle, maybe see if he'll chase a breaking ball off the plate?

Nope, right back to that fastball right down the middle.

God I hate the Astros.

Oof, tough loss for the Mariners
Of Course Yes GIF by PragerU

Lol, Acuna writhes around in pain for 10 minutes, throws Wheeler off his game, and magically stays in the game

I don't know what's worse.. the pitch or the swing/miss? I'll go with a swing and a miss...

Lol, Acuna writhes around in pain for 10 minutes, throws Wheeler off his game, and magically stays in the game
Yeah I'm sure it doesn't hurt to get hit right in the elbow with a 95 mph pitch - and you don't have to just get hit home runs to score runs :)

Yeah I'm sure it doesn't hurt to get hit right in the elbow with a 95 mph pitch - and you don't have to just get hit home runs to score runs :)
I’m sure it hurt, but it was pretty funny to watch him lay around for like 5 minutes, hold his arm (his throwing arm, no less) askew as he ran the bases, never to leave the game.

Wheeler gets squeezed on a 3-2 pitch to Swanson (same pitch was a called third strike on Schwarber an inning or two earlier), Hoskins butchers a ground ball (which the Tomahawk Choppers ruled a hit) and then Riley hits a ground ball 50 feet for a single. Better to be lucky than good.

I’m sure it hurt, but it was pretty funny to watch him lay around for like 5 minutes, hold his arm (his throwing arm, no less) askew as he ran the bases, never to leave the game.

Wheeler gets squeezed on a 3-2 pitch to Swanson (same pitch was a called third strike on Schwarber an inning or two earlier), Hoskins butchers a ground ball (which the Tomahawk Choppers ruled a hit) and then Riley hits a ground ball 50 feet for a single. Better to be lucky than good.
We got a break on the pitch - I’ll give you that. I’ll be curious to see Umpire Scorecards on Twitter when it comes out. I wouldn’t say that was a routine play for Hoskins - yeah some could have made it but not routine. Riley has been slumping and was due for a break

Like NFL
I think they should start every inning with a runner on 2nd.

View attachment 220843

But seriously, I like the rule for the regular season. Let's face it, a bigger problem is the length of games, especially if they go into extra innings (with no ghost runner). Also teams can use up most of their staff if one of those marathons happens on the front end of a series, or if in the last game they don't fly out until 2:30 AM. What I question, however, is playoffs played with different rules than the regular season (see: NHL).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom