2022 MLB Season | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2022 MLB Season

This year you get Fogerty playing Centerfeld, in centerfield...

2 rock and roll baseball references that grate a nerve for me...
Forgery - I can be centerfield (play)
Springsteen. speedball by you. (fastball).

Artistic license blah,blah, blah. Probably just a me thing.

2 rock and roll baseball references that grate a nerve for me...
Forgery - I can be centerfield (play)
Springsteen. speedball by you. (fastball).

Artistic license blah,blah, blah. Probably just a me thing.
It bothers me too. I still like both songs though.

Max did the same thing last year - bad outing or two right before the playoffs, and then didn’t get it done in the playoffs.

1665214295714.png

Let's Go Mariners!

The Cardinal closer is struggling.
I had a $50 free play on FanDuel and did a 4 leg parlay of Friday's playoff games that would have paid over $800. St. Louis is the only one I lost
Sesame Street Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

Screw you, Tampa. Looks good on Kluber, too.

John Schneider with some great managing ton that game !! /s

EDIT - Keeping my post below. But based on my post #395 in this thread, I was not following the situation closely enough at the time. Schneider did error in the Santana at bat in the sixth,

I disagree - He brought in the right pitchers at the proper time they just did not execute. I see it more as an execution issue than a game management issue. Not to say that Schneider is great at managing the pen -- he has done some strange moves in the past -- but I don't think tonight was one of those nights.

Gausman was at 95 pitches, the bases were loaded, lefties are due, so he brings in the only lefty in a relatively low leverage situation with the score at 8-1. Makes good sense at the time especially with a relatively fresh pen to get the last 10 outs.

Bass was the right guy to bring in the 8th inning - arguably the Jays second best reliever... he stank it up. What is Schneider to do? So he brings in Romano in the 8th which again makes sense, but he got dinged with a cheap bloop hit that scored 3.

Last edited:
What a meltdown by the Jays.

They really are some front runners, lol.

Quite the choke job. Disappointed as a current Jays fan -- but then I think back to the late 80's to the end of the Expos (2004) -- a time where I hated the Jays. At times, the Jays organization did some dirty moves to try to hurt the Expos. And it makes me less disappointed.

Quite the choke job. Disappointed as a current Jays fan -- but then I think back to the late 80's to the end of the Expos (2004) -- a time where I hated the Jays. At times, the Jays organization did some dirty moves to try to hurt the Expos. And it makes me less disappointed.
I was hoping they’d win because that lineup is entertaining to watch.

But man. Can’t believe they lost that game.

Bloop hit to center that scored 3 though….baseball can get nuts like that.

What a meltdown by the Jays.

They really are some front runners, lol.

They seemed to me these past couple years to be more about image than substance. Not unlike the city itself. Still, I would given them a better chance against Houston and would easily have cheered for them.
noidea.gif

I disagree - He brought in the right pitchers at the proper time they just did not execute. I see it more as an execution issue than a game management issue. Not to say that Schneider is great at managing the pen -- he has done some strange moves in the past -- but I don't think tonight was one of those nights.

Gausman was at 95 pitches, the bases were loaded, lefties are due, so he brings in the only lefty in a relatively low leverage situation with the score at 8-1. Makes good sense at the time especially with a relatively fresh pen to get the last 10 outs.

Bass was the right guy to bring in the 8th inning - arguably the Jays second best reliever... he stank it up. What is Schneider to do? So he brings in Romano in the 8th which again makes sense, but he got dinged with a cheap bloop hit that scored 3.
I mean fair enough but blue jays fan boards are blaming him and I can’t disagree.

The first error is going to the pen. The blue jays relievers are not good and Gausman was excellent. 2 outs just let him finish that.

Of course it’s all hindsight but that was the turning point in an 8-1 game

Last edited:
I mean fair enough but blue jays fan boards are blaming him and I can’t disagree.

The first error is going to the pen. The blue jays relievers are not good and Gausman was excellent. 2 outs just let him finish that.

Of course it’s all hindsight but that was the turning point in an 8-1 game

And somewhere Charlie Montoyo is saying, "I told you it wasn't me!" :)

edit: DeeDubs was right, they're front runners, more into tinsel and glitter than dirt under their fingernails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom