2022 NFL Thread | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

Bosa’s sick.

Feel fine about that loss

Why on freaking Earth would you throw the ball if you're Cincy there? It risks stopping the clock, taking a sack or worst case throwing a pick. Just run the ball!
Meet Zac Taylor

Why on freaking Earth would you throw the ball if you're Cincy there? It risks stopping the clock, taking a sack or worst case throwing a pick. Just run the ball!
2nd down play at 2:05 is pretty easy to understand; that sack is on Burrow.
3rd down you want to settle for a 45yder to go up 6 with 1:20 left? Eh I'd rather throw it twice to win the game.

I mean I agree Taylor is a weak link in general because how else is that team with those players not atop the standings all the time. Not having Mixon probably helped them today.

3rd down you want to settle for a 45yder to go up 6 with 1:20 left? Eh I'd rather throw it twice to win the game.
It was 2nd and 4 on the KC 21 with 2:05 left and KC had zero timeouts. I personally would have rather run the ball three times in a row to get the first down and run as much clock as humanly possible.

Obviously, it worked out but Cincy was really playing with fire there.

It was 2nd and 4 on the KC 21 with 2:05 left and KC had zero timeouts. I personally would have rather run the ball three times in a row to get the first down and run as much clock as humanly possible.

2-min warning means you throw the ball on 2nd down, take "advantage" of that TO

2-min warning means you throw the ball on 2nd down, take "advantage" of that TO
But if you run you're probably moving forward and setting up like 3rd and 1 or 2. Cincy was getting 4.5 yards per carry that game. Instead, Burrow takes a sack and they end up in a very tough 3rd and 11.

Last edited:

I understand the play call, but Burrow needs to throw it away there. Personally I would have ran it.

I thought Andy Reid’s decision to kick the FG from 55 yards out in cold weather on the road wasn’t a great decision either.

It needs to be said that Burrow has outplayed Mahomes three straight games now in less than a year. I expect Buffalo/Cincinnati to decide HFA when they meet in January. Time to start acknowledging that Burrow is no worse than the 3rd best QB in the NFL now.

I thought Andy Reid’s decision to kick the FG from 55 yards out in cold weather on the road wasn’t a great decision either.
That shocked me as well. Just throw a crossing route to Travis Kelce. It's unstoppable.

I understand the play call, but Burrow needs to throw it away there. Personally I would have ran it.

It needs to be said that Burrow has outplayed Mahomes three straight games now in less than a year. I expect Buffalo/Cincinnati to decide HFA when they meet in January. Time to start acknowledging that Burrow is no worse than the 3rd best QB in the NFL now.
The FG was awful. Was glad they tried it. Weird after they went for it from the 3 earlier which was not Reid like.

Burrow has been nails in these games but he's got some nice help; Boyd would be a WR2 on the Bills or Chiefs.

Lol Prescott. He simply can't just live to fight another day and punt the football.

Jameis approves that pick

The Reid decision was insane in my opinion. Let Mahomes make a play.

Just make the NFC playoffs an NFC East tournament now that Jimmy G is gone. Throw in the Seahawks if you need a wildcard play in game ...

Just make the NFC playoffs an NFC East tournament now that Jimmy G is gone. Throw in the Seahawks if you need a wildcard play in game ...
49ers can still win without the completely mediocre Jimmy G. That system is set up for anyone who knows the plays and has some mobility

49ers can still win without the completely mediocre Jimmy G. That system is set up for anyone who knows the plays and has some mobility

We will see. Purdy had a nice first game coming in as a backup. That's a guy not scouted for. I don't think it holds up long. The Dolphins are a below average defense, that doesn't have that much of a pass rush and doesn't create many takeaways. Pretty friendly defense to go up against and he wasn't asked to do much with that SF D getting 4 takeaways and a TD. A lot went right for him that won't be the case against good teams.

Last edited:
We will see. Purdy had a nice first game coming in as a backup. That's a guy not scouted for. I don't think it holds up long. The Dolphins are a below average defense, that doesn't have that much of a pass rush and doesn't create many takeaways. Pretty friendly defense to go up against and he wasn't asked to do much with that SF D getting 4 takeaways and a TD. A lot went right for him that won't be the case against good teams.
The giants , red skins, are supposed to put more fear into them than Miami ?

Cowboys / 49ers / eagles / dems your NFC contenders

Hasn’t changed

Hasn’t changed

We will see. SF's win over Miami was only their second over a winning team all year. Outside of those games its one .500 team and 3-9 or 4-8 teams.

Hasn’t changed
As of right now I'd be surprised if Philly doesn't make the SB in the NFC. Obviously a lot can change.

As of right now I'd be surprised if Philly doesn't make the SB in the NFC. Obviously a lot can change.

Of the 4 teams supposedly in the hunt, SF has choked the least in the playoffs then Philly. Dal and Min both have lost games they were favored in consistently. It's an interesting group atop the NFC this year for sure.

Of the 4 teams supposedly in the hunt, SF has choked the least in the playoffs then Philly. Dal and Min both have lost games they were favored in consistently. It's an interesting group atop the NFC this year for sure.
I have a hard time taking Minnesota seriously. They were blasted by Philly and Dallas while winning all but one of their games by a touchdown or less. Their point differential on the season is only plus 10. At some point you think their luck is going to run out.

I have a hard time taking Minnesota seriously. They were blasted by Philly and Dallas while winning all but one of their games by a touchdown or less. Their point differential on the season is only plus 10. At some point you think their luck is going to run out.

10-2 with a plus 10 point differential lol. Now a 37 pt loss to Dallas certainly hurts but even with that removed it's still weak as hell.

I'd love to see the NFL change up the playoff format. The division winner rule has ensured an awful team gets a home game in the playoffs of late. For instance the NFC E had no business getting a home playoff game the year before last..

Give them that spot but not the home playoff game if they can't win at minimum a tie breaker vs their wild card matchup

10-2 with a plus 10 point differential lol. Now a 37 pt loss to Dallas certainly hurts but even with that removed it's still weak as hell.
The Jets dropped a touchdown yesterday. Josh Allen dropped a snap last month and they’ve won 3 games in the last two minutes against New Orleans, Detroit and Washington.

...And Miami rolled up twice as many yards/1st downs with a 3rd string QB and NE outplayed them. With slightly above average luck they would be 1-3 vs the AFC East. Incredible run. Gonna be hilarious when they're a home underdog vs Purdy in the 2nd round assuming they eek past Washington or whomever in the early Saturday aka "AFC South" wildcard timeslot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom