2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20220331-164009_Gallery.jpg

Go Cuse!

We have a 6-3 guard. Everybody else in the class was 6-6 or more. It's almost like a class of all forwards.

If this also means Benny is staying, which I assume it is, this is massive for this program.

Not suggesting we’re a top 10 or anything, but we needed a win, we needed positives for the program, and to get the focus off the obvious issues from last year that national media picked up on.

I believe this can do that.

Love the pickup, great for the team and the fans. Now let's holdoff on annoiting him the program savior just yet as there's work still to be done. That said a great story once again and something for us all to be happy about. Go Cuse!

This makes me think we won’t be too active in the portal, especially if Cole comes back

Judah/JG3/Sy will get all the back court minutes
Cole will play his typical 32+mpg if he’s back
Benny will probably get at least 25mpg now
Jesse will play until he fouls out

MAYBE we get a 4/5 Tweener.

We also can actually have competitive practices too finally

Does anyone know what we might climb to in recruiting rankings now? Ballpark?

This makes me think we won’t be too active in the portal, especially if Cole comes back

..and more than 3 guards. A joyous day.

If this also means Benny is staying, which I assume it is, this is massive for this program.

Not suggesting we’re a top 10 or anything, but we needed a win, we needed positives for the program, and to get the focus off the obvious issues from last year that national media picked up on.

I believe this can do that.

I'd love to see Benny, Judah, Quadir, Justin, Chris, Maliq and Peter bond and grow up together over the next couple of years. :);):cool::p:rolleyes::);)

But...:oops::confused::mad::(

I wonder if this "shifts" Taylor to more of a permanent role as a 3 instead of a 2.

Judah is a combo; so is Girard. Lots of positional flexibility in the backcourt now.

Big commitment for the 'Cuse. This is going to inspire Symir to work his a@@ off over the off-season, to fend off this talented newcomer. Competition is a great thing. So is backcourt depth, which was basically non-existent for much of last year.

lord don't let me hear " i committed to these new guys for 4 years... " cuz that never ends.
i feel we were more than gracious to allow coach boeheim to coach his boys to nowhere town. time for a change up top. overdue . everybody with a pulse knows that except wildhack.

If Cole comes back, we will get a back up 5 and that is it. We are committed to Benny at the forward position. If we weren't, we wouldn't have landed Mintz.

I wonder if this "shifts" Taylor to more of a permanent role as a 3 instead of a 2.

Judah is a combo; so is Girard. Lots of positional flexibility in the backcourt now.

Big commitment for the 'Cuse. This is going to inspire Symir to work his a@@ off over the off-season, to fend off this talented newcomer. Competition is a great thing. So is backcourt depth, which was basically non-existent for much of last year.
Maybe not permanent but now have the flexibility for a true rotation if he’s capable of backing up Joe and either backup up the 3 or playing major minutes at the three. Would be awesome if Cole is back and we can get Cole/Joe 30 each and Taylor gets the bench minutes for both spots.

If Cole comes back, we will get a back up 5 and that is it. We are committed to Benny at the forward position. If we weren't, we wouldn't have landed Mintz.
I’m fine with that. Live and die with the freshman group + Benny. Then hope Jessie/Cole/Sy/JG3 continue to grow. It’s a nice mix

Status
Not open for further replies.