2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Cole comes back, we will get a back up 5 and that is it. We are committed to Benny at the forward position. If we weren't, we wouldn't have landed Mintz.

So we’ve re-recruited Benny as a package deal with Judah. After last year, I wonder if any guarantees were made (minimum number of minutes played per game?) to seal the deal.

9c07e1f3-0645-4cff-a73b-18b69e9cc668_text.gif
deliverance banjo GIF

If Cole comes back, we will get a back up 5 and that is it. We are committed to Benny at the forward position. If we weren't, we wouldn't have landed Mintz.
First of all, thank you for nursing us through this recruitment! Second, I think you're right that Mintz wants Benny to stick around. He knows that when (not if) Benny explodes, he needs to be wearing a Syracuse uniform.

Last edited:
So we’ve re-recruited Benny as a package deal with Judah. After last year, I wonder if any guarantees were made (minimum number of minutes played per game?) to seal the deal.
I don't think it is like that. Benny has been told what he needs to do and what he needs to improve on. Having said that, we won't recruit another forward if Cole stays. If Cole leaves, we might recruit another forward to replace him. Benny is being given his shot.

Before today I never really considered how it might have made things more difficult for Benny last year coming in as the only scholarship freshman and not having someone next to him sharing the same experience. Hopefully having a whole group of new recruits, including some friendly faces, around (along with a year of experience) will make things easier for him next year.

If this also means Benny is staying, which I assume it is, this is massive for this program.

Not suggesting we’re a top 10 or anything, but we needed a win, we needed positives for the program, and to get the focus off the obvious issues from last year that national media picked up on.

I believe this can do that.
Mintz
JG
Benny
Cole
Jesse

that’s a tournament team

I believe that Benny turns it around. Yips, hot potato, just moving too fast and too nervy and we've seen this plenty of time with young guys. The talent is there and he had a few rare moments that showed what he is capable of. Weak side shot blocking, hustle, rebound and finish. That shot needs some height to get over the rim but I really believe it will click.

Status
Not open for further replies.