2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that Benny turns it around. Yips, hot potato, just moving too fast and too nervy and we've seen this plenty of time with young guys. The talent is there and he had a few rare moments that showed what he is capable of. Weak side shot blocking, hustle, rebound and finish. That shot needs some height to get over the rim but I really believe it will click.
If Benny can give Cuse 10 and 6 that would be great

lord don't let me hear " i committed to these new guys for 4 years... " cuz that never ends.
i feel we were more than gracious to allow coach boeheim to coach his boys to nowhere town. time for a change up top. overdue . everybody with a pulse knows that except wildhack.
So gracious of us. Time to let the coach do his thing! Better days ahead!

I believe that Benny turns it around. Yips, hot potato, just moving too fast and too nervy and we've seen this plenty of time with young guys. The talent is there and he had a few rare moments that showed what he is capable of. Weak side shot blocking, hustle, rebound and finish. That shot needs some height to get over the rim but I really believe it will click.

The Benny Duke game was a nice teaser. Its all there he just has to bottle it up and find the ability to be that guy every night. The faith the staff is putting in him is a huge commitment and no better thing you could ask for as a recruit who had a rough first year.

Adding someone he knows in Mintz even better.

Agreed.

In the big scheme of things, punch me be the odd man out.

But let it all play out on the practice court, may the best player is win the PT.

Yep. And if he isn't and makes a splash all the better for having a deep team.

I compare it favorable to the football teams January and Feb. Such a relief and a touch of fresh air.

Hate to say it dasher, but this proves your theorem about the coach not putting forth the effort he's supposed to for an extended period of time, and then being given above and beyond credit for coming back up to the baseline and doing what he was supposed to be doing all along.

I don't think it is like that. Benny has been told what he needs to do and what he needs to improve on. Having said that, we won't recruit another forward if Cole stays. If Cole leaves, we might recruit another forward to replace him. Benny is being given his shot.
I hope he doesn’t throw it away.

lord don't let me hear " i committed to these new guys for 4 years... " cuz that never ends.
i feel we were more than gracious to allow coach boeheim to coach his boys to nowhere town. time for a change up top. overdue . everybody with a pulse knows that except wildhack.

After Mintz committed, JB was given a 5 year extension.

Hate to make snap blanket statements, but he sure seems like a great kid.

My wife watched the announcement and immediately she said “you can see the light in his eyes”.

That smile too…

By comparison, how often does she say that about you?

Just trying to get a frame of reference on her judgement.

Mintz
JG
Benny
Cole
Jesse

that’s a tournament team

Need a big man to back up Edwards with Anselem leaving... If not, one of Brown, Taylor, Bunch and Carey will need to outperform current expectations. The odds are, one of them will be a solid backup, but I would rather have a great transfer come in to backup at C/F.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.