2022 PGA Tour | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2022 PGA Tour

I played it Easter Sunday in 1998. It was only $325 back then. I parred #1 and proceeded to shoot 105. Lol
I want to do a week there combined with the Napa/Sonoma food and wine thing. Don’t want to spend a second in SF.

Two weeks in the UK/Ireland. I’ve been to London, my wife hasn’t. She’s a big Outlander fan, there’s my highland hook.

I played it Easter Sunday in 1998. It was only $325 back then. I parred #1 and proceeded to shoot 105. Lol
That was the only course (Pebble, Spy Glass, Spanish Bay, Half Moon Bay (2 courses) and Torrey Pines) on which I broke 100. Had 5 pars on Pebble, including the 18th.
It’s now $550.00 a round, BTW.

Feel so good for Hoge. He will 100% get a jersey mike’s deal this week
It took me until this morning to understand this. Hoa-gey. Yup. One of the sub places should line him up.

Last edited:
Sam Ryder with ace on the 16th today. Nothing crazier than the 16th at the Phoenix Open after a hole in one.

Sam Ryder with ace on the 16th today. Nothing crazier than the 16th at the Phoenix Open after a hole in one.
They went overboard but they've set up this monster so you can't blame the fans. It's upsetting that people can't treat a course with reverence. Obviously, Augusta is 180 degrees different but would anyone think of littering one piece of paper there, let alone an entire par 3 of garbage.

Last edited:
They went overboard but they've set up this monster so you can blame the fans. It's upsetting that people can't treat a course with reverence. Obviously, Augusta is 180 degrees different but would anyone think of littering one piece of paper there, let alone an entire par 3 of garbage.

Friends of mine attended a round at Augusta. Sitting on a slope along one fairway, one slipped off her sandals for a few moments in the shade to cool off. Almost immediately a course attendant came to her and told her to put them back on. Not my idea of a vacation event.

I'm not in favor of the whole Saudi thing, but Charley has a point worth talking about, ie the questionable hazard line. Another point is that Charley, along with many others, has made millions over the years from the tour the way it's run now, so it's hard to justify jumping ship over a particular ruling. Maybe they're a little spoiled? Seriously, if the Masters ended tonight, I'm still going to go out and play tomorrow.

They went overboard but they've set up this monster so you can't blame the fans. It's upsetting that people can't treat a course with reverence. Obviously, Augusta is 180 degrees different but would anyone think of littering one piece of paper there, let alone an entire par 3 of garbage.
Now that I've slept on this, I guess I will back off my opinion somewhat. I'm all for celebrating but not trashing the place. However the Waste Management volunteers did a great job picking up the Waste, so talk about ideal sponsorship. https://golf.com/news/bam-cocktails...370336761763&utm_term=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&amp=1

Now that I've slept on this, I guess I will back off my opinion somewhat. I'm all for celebrating but not trashing the place. However the Waste Management volunteers did a great job picking up the Waste, so talk about ideal sponsorship. https://golf.com/news/bam-cocktails...370336761763&utm_term=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&amp=1

I agree with you overall, but for this tournament on this hole and with a hole in one, everybody got exactly what they thought they would and probably wanted. Love it or hate it it's a unique stop on the tour every year. I am sure the people in those stands aren't the world's biggest golf fans just people out for a good time which is fine.

Friends of mine attended a round at Augusta. Sitting on a slope along one fairway, one slipped off her sandals for a few moments in the shade to cool off. Almost immediately a course attendant came to her and told her to put them back on. Not my idea of a vacation event.
As long as you know the rules you can abide or not attend.

I agree with you overall, but for this tournament on this hole and with a hole in one, everybody got exactly what they thought they would and probably wanted. Love it or hate it it's a unique stop on the tour every year. I am sure the people in those stands aren't the world's biggest golf fans just people out for a good time which is fine.
The players seem to enjoy it also. Loved when Justin Thomas put on a 'Squints' baseball jersey from The Sandlot when he played that hole.

Yes, the sponsorship have embraced the fans and that's why they get the crowds they get. I've been there 3 or 4 times and definitely going next year as the Super Bowl is there as well. Everyone needs to go at least once.

I'm not in favor of the whole Saudi thing, but Charley has a point worth talking about, ie the questionable hazard line. Another point is that Charley, along with many others, has made millions over the years from the tour the way it's run now, so it's hard to justify jumping ship over a particular ruling. Maybe they're a little spoiled? Seriously, if the Masters ended tonight, I'm still going to go out and play tomorrow.
So go play in another tour and how will it be any better. the PGA is by far the best tour and does the most for players and money they make.. it will be a long time before another tour gets up to speed.. and what happens to all the other developmental tours the PGA does for the hundreds and hundreds of other players.. They gonna build those up too?

I've always liked Cantlay, still it would be nice to see Scheffler get his first W on the tour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom