2022 Portal | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Portal

I posted this in the Mintz recruiting thread, probably more suitable for here-

If JB doesn't portal for a high-level PG/CG, then I'm completely at a loss and would start to consider not even tuning in next year.

Clearly, by going hard after Mintz and then reaching out to Skyy Clark, JB was not keen on what he has to work with at guard for next year. He knew he needed to bring in a starter-caliber player that could score, handle, and defend at a high level.

And nothing has changed with his available roster to change that need. He still needs that player. So he sure as hell better hit the portal for him.

Here is a F from Stanford Avg 10 and 4 would like the Rebounding #s better. Originally from CT, maybe wants to come back East

I did say 7 - 9. 9 obviously being on the high end and likely unreachable but dishing is his game so who knows. He would obviously need guys who can finish and that might be asking a lot with a Syracuse roster these days.

7 per game is not a stretch.

He had 88 assists in 392 minutes. Isn't that 4.5 assists per minute played? He only played 13mpg.

He had 8 games with 5 or more assists

Auburn - 5 assists in 21 minutes
FSU - 5 assists in 12 minutes
Brown - 7 assists in 17 minutes
Miami - 6 assists in 14 minutes
Duke - 6 assists in 25 minutes
BC - 5 assists in 17 minutes
FSU - 9 assists in 29 minutes
Duke - 11 assists in 40 minutes

Is it far fetched to think that averaging 26 minutes per game wouldn't get him to a 7 apg average?
He could do it because that’s all he does. Except he won’t do it because… who will we have next year who can convert those passes to assists?

Also- posted this in other thread- soph from GW. 6-4, 35 pct from 3 and put up 16 a game.

3rd school in 3 years. Says he’d have to sit a year cause he already transferred once.

Sounds like my HS buddy who spent 15 years with the Air Force. 6 paternity test requests later and he passed , or failed I should say every one.
:0. Sounds like your friend needs to reevaluate his dating decisions.

I didn't realize that Jamion Christian got canned at GW. I thought he did a good job his one year as a head coach at Siena.
1.3 assists per game?

I posted this in the Mintz recruiting thread, probably more suitable for here-

If JB doesn't portal for a high-level PG/CG, then I'm completely at a loss and would start to consider not even tuning in next year.

Clearly, by going hard after Mintz and then reaching out to Skyy Clark, JB was not keen on what he has to work with at guard for next year. He knew he needed to bring in a starter-caliber player that could score, handle, and defend at a high level.

And nothing has changed with his available roster to change that need. He still needs that player. So he sure as hell better hit the portal for him.
Tyler Ennis was our last successful true PG. We’ve had too many PG busts and plugging in combo guards to run the point since then. There’s a direct correlation between our ability to be an elite team and having a top tier PG running the show. I’m not sure why we can’t land a top tier PG when we have a bunch of former lead guards as our staff. One of the bigger mysteries of the past decade.

Last edited:
Tyler Ennis was our last successful true PG. We’ve had too many PG busts and plugging in combo guards to run the point since then. There’s a direct correlation between our ability to be an elite team and having a top tier PG running the show. I’m not sure why we can’t land a top tier PG when we have a bunch of former lead guards as our staff. One of the bigger mysteries on the past decade.

So here in lies the question is it because-

1) We aren't targeting true PGs(aggressively) for some reason?
2) Something we are or aren't saying/doing that is hurting our ability to recruit true, high level PGs
3) Something that has been a problem with past PGs that is being used against us...

Tyler Ennis was our last successful true PG. We’ve had too many PG busts and plugging in combo guards to run the point since then. There’s a direct correlation between our ability to be an elite team and having a top tier PG running the show. I’m not sure why we can’t land a top tier PG when we have a bunch of former lead guards as our staff. One of the bigger mysteries of the past decade.
Kadary was excellent. I hope Copeland will be as well.

Kadary was excellent. I hope Copeland will be as well.
Kadary didn’t stick around for us to find out if he would’ve been excellent. He also never (regularly) started, so tough to say he was an elite lead guard.

Most accounts have Copeland needing time to grow into the college game. I’d like nothing more than for him to be amazing, but I have low expectations for the first year.

Here is a F from Stanford Avg 10 and 4 would like the Rebounding #s better. Originally from CT, maybe wants to come back East

Loomis is right around the corner from me and I don't kn ow the kid. he must be real good but that surprises me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom