2022 Portal | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Portal

JB can’t reach out if he doesn’t have any openings. Unless we hear otherwise, we should assume everyone is coming back.
Please stop, there are going to be openings. Players are either going to leave voluntarily or after a 16-17 season he needs to realize he needs to make openings and upgrade the roster. If JB doesn't realize that then he really is just going through the motions and has no drive to compete.

we should assume everyone is coming back.
Confused Saved By The Bell GIF by PeacockTV

So unless I’ve forgotten someone, the guys that are in the transfer portal that we offered in the past are:

Isaiah Cottrell
Noah Collier
Quincy Ballard

Please stop, there are going to be openings. Players are either going to leave voluntarily or after a 16-17 season he needs to realize he needs to make openings and upgrade the roster. If JB doesn't realize that then he really is just going through the motions and has no drive to compete.
There is another explanation. I find it even worse. He thinks the guys we have will be good enough. If Cole comes back, we have to add another guard. I would want another forward as well but I think jb doesn't.

He thinks the guys we have will be good enough.
Or he thinks maybe they'll be good enough, maybe not - but that's less important (in his mind) than making sure they have ample playing time via being in effect thrown to the wolves for a season in order to have them "seasoned" for the next coach.

It’s not likely he’ll reach out until we have definitive decisions by Mintz, Cole and a couple other current players.
Well, I think we will know about everyone but Mintz by Weds at this time. I think JB has his interviews with the returning players done by today. I also don't think we can wait on Mintz. We need to hit the portal and find a really good guard. I want Mintz but I also want a chair when the music stops

Or he thinks maybe they'll be good enough, maybe not - but that's less important (in his mind) than making sure they have ample playing time via being in effect thrown to the wolves for a season in order to have them "seasoned" for the next coach.
I can't believe that is JB's plan. To have another losing season so that the next guy can win? It doesn't ring true to me.

Are there any guards in the portal right now that we were connected to in the past?

I can't believe that is JB's plan. To have another losing season so that the next guy can win? It doesn't ring true to me.
It doesn't me either, but at this point -- if he rolls with just the incoming guys and returners -- it's all I'm coming up with

There is another explanation. I find it even worse. He thinks the guys we have will be good enough. If Cole comes back, we have to add another guard. I would want another forward as well but I think jb doesn't.

I just can't believe that JB thinks the team currently even if Cole comes back is any better than what it was last year.

Well, I think we will know about everyone but Mintz by Weds at this time. I think JB has his interviews with the returning players done by today. I also don't think we can wait on Mintz. We need to hit the portal and find a really good guard. I want Mintz but I also want a chair when the music stops

Mintz is announcing at the Geicos which are March 31-April 2.

We don’t really have the scholarship room right now to offer anyone if Mintz commits and all the previous players come back if I’m not mistaken

Likely waiting on Cole and Mintz I would guess

We currently have on scholly…

Jesse
Frank
JBA
Chaz Owens
Benny
Symir
JG3

Plus our new recruits which is 5 and that doesn’t include Mintz.

So that is 12 scholarships right there….

If Mintz commits it would be 13. If he doesn’t and Cole comes back we are 13 again….

We don’t really have room right now to chase down portal players unless we have a couple guys leave

Jesse
Frank
JBA
Chaz Owens
Benny
Symir
JG3

If Mintz commits it would be 13. If he doesn’t and Cole comes back we are 13 again….

We don’t really have room right now to chase down portal players unless we have a couple guys leave
Cole is pretty much gone and DePaul is the frontrunner with Mintz. So that leaves us 12.

Jesse
Frank
JBA
Chaz Owens
Benny
Symir
JG3

It's kind of crazy to not go after impact players that could help us win next year because we have JBA and Chaz on scholarship. We know 2-3 of the frosh likely won't be ready to contribute all that much, so we're looking at what, 7-8 players that might be able to be counted on? JB and the staff should be trying to improve the talent any way they can.

Sounds like my HS buddy who spent 15 years with the Air Force. 6 paternity test requests later and he passed , or failed I should say every one.
He ever show up the Maury show? Heard today this year will be the final season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom