2022 Portal | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Portal

Someone should look at this guy - he's a beast

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Sunbelt player of the year Norchad Omier will be entering the transfer portal. <br><br>Omier, a 6’7” sophomore averaged 18 points, 12.2 rebounds, 1.2 assists, and 2 blocks per game for Arkansas State this past season. Will be one of the best players in the portal.</p>&mdash; PortalUpdates (@portal_updates) <a href="">March 30, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Someone should look at this guy - he's a beast

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Sunbelt player of the year Norchad Omier will be entering the transfer portal. <br><br>Omier, a 6’7” sophomore averaged 18 points, 12.2 rebounds, 1.2 assists, and 2 blocks per game for Arkansas State this past season. Will be one of the best players in the portal.</p>&mdash; PortalUpdates (@portal_updates) <a href="">March 30, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
The only question I have is why haven't we offered this Zion clone? Replace Jimmy with this kid? What are we waiting for?

i miss the old days. sit a year if you jump ship. respect your commitments.
Coaches don't respect their commitments, why should kids. BTW, unless it's a full 4 year scholarship, it's a year to year commitment.

Are we really not doing anything in the portal? Would be a disgrace if that were the case but who knows.

I'll say, these guys that already used up the freebie and are back in the portal just baffle me.

Yeah we all knew the numbers weren’t matching up as far as people leaving vs spots open...they seem to be the expected victims of the portal.

So there are 358 D1 teams out there and over 1000 players today in the portal. We now have current players who can play at least 5 or some 6 years of college basketball because of Covid. There are of course incoming freshman from high school, junior college transfers, lower division players also attempting to play D1 ball. So there are enough players currently just in the portal to fill almost 3 players for every single D1 team - not counting incoming freshman, junior college transfers etc. Totally unsustainable and there are going to be so many players left out of this insane game of musical chairs.

So there are 358 D1 teams out there and over 1000 players today in the portal. We now have current players who can play at least 5 or some 6 years of college basketball because of Covid. There are of course incoming freshman from high school, junior college transfers, lower division players also attempting to play D1 ball. So there are enough players currently just in the portal to fill almost 3 players for every single D1 team - not counting incoming freshman, junior college transfers etc. Totally unsustainable and there are going to be so many players left out of this insane game of musical chairs.
it's really crazy

I would guess that Wahab is a name that will spark the interest of JAB and the staff, as they were previously VERY interested. Maybe even more so it he has to sit?

I would guess that Wahab is a name that will spark the interest of JAB and the staff, as they were previously VERY interested. Maybe even more so it he has to sit?

He's played 3 years already.

I can't see him sitting out a year. Unless he can somehow get a waiver because Turgeon left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom