2022 Preseason Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Preseason Thread

YAY NUMBERS !!!!

After the last few iterations of the jerseys it's nice to see something that looks classic. I like it. I assume they will add some graphics to the helmets at some point? The only thing I might have added would be some sort of design to the sleeves (not to bring them up again). Have always wished they would use the Otto Orange as a secondary logo. Overall, thumbs up.

These jerseys that some guy posted in the comments section are where it's at. The letters pop a lot more with the orange outline. And the stripes at the end of the sleeves are quite nice too.

These jerseys that some guy posted in the comments section are where it's at. The letters pop a lot more with the orange outline. And the stripes at the end of the sleeves are quite nice too.

I always thought the ones with the royal blue shorts were the best. But has that blue ever officially been a school color? Or has it always been navy blue and the lacrosse team just did its own thing?

I always thought the ones with the royal blue shorts were the best. But has that blue ever officially been a school color? Or has it always been navy blue and the lacrosse team just did its own thing?

The royal blue jerseys were the best by far. Why you'd want to distance yourself from the best years of SU lacrosse is beyond me. The Gaits and Powells all wore that type of jersey. I've been saying this for a long time. But yes, it wasn't an official school color and in 2002 AD Gross wanted all the sports to adopt the same logo and colors, which makes sense. They of course introduced a really bad "SU" logo that every team was supposed to wear (it was really pointy). I think the lacrosse team was the first to wear it in the Final Four that year. Not sure why they couldn't keep the same lettering and design of those jerseys but change the color? I don't think all SU sports right now have all the same lettering design on their jerseys.

Finally having sleeves again and the numbers are certainly an improvement. Nitpicking though the sleeves and shorts look pretty plain. I know it's been forever but I miss the old school shorts that had some sort of vertical pattern/lines.

The white looks off because it's too plain. No piping, stripes, or accents to make it look like a jersey. It could be a white t-shirt. And maybe the "ORANGE" text is slightly too low and should be higher up on the chest.

Looks like UVa also got new uniforms today. I like the Syracuse ones more.

Looks like UVa also got new uniforms today. I like the Syracuse ones more.

the 1st thing i thought when i saw the cuse unis was "great, maybe we've finally got sleeves again."

then our secondary logos of a submissive cavalier and dung beetle are plastered all over it instead of v sabres. everyone hates those rebranded logos and the awful new font.

and the stripes maybe could've been worse if a 5 year old drew lines.

not a big uni guy, but ugh. oh, well. play lax.

Aw man. Looks like Duke finally made the smart decision and put Dyson Williams at attack. Was enjoying the lack of balance they had to the attack line with no real off ball facilitator type. This means Lulley is playing middie I guess? Foy says the starters are Robertson, ONeill, and Williams. Wonder if Lulley is still happy with his decision.
Duke Blue Devils: The Spotlight Shines

Duke ended up with a good w/l record last year but something always felt off, their flatlining against Maryland wasn't a shocker. Labeled a super team after Sowers addition .Expectations are now lower , suspect Duke will actually be better than last. Rambling on, Lulley was a terrific addition wherever played, would have been a perfect fit here especially right now. Expect Gait to participate in the portal for high quality next year .Tendency in sports to copycat champions , wouldn't surprise if Damowski embraces floating a few 'positionless' players.

Duke ended up with a good w/l record last year but something always felt off, their flatlining against Maryland wasn't a shocker. Labeled a super team after Sowers addition .Expectations are now lower , suspect Duke will actually be better than last. Rambling on, Lulley was a terrific addition wherever played, would have been a perfect fit here especially right now. Expect Gait to participate in the portal for high quality next year .Tendency in sports to copycat champions , wouldn't surprise if Damowski embraces floating a few 'positionless' players.
If I were Danowski I would consider running ONeill out of the box. He looked best off the dodge when barreling down at full speed from up top and could be tougher to pole in that situation. Not sure about Lulley's entire past, but he strikes me as a behind the goal attack through and through.

Aw man. Looks like Duke finally made the smart decision and put Dyson Williams at attack. Was enjoying the lack of balance they had to the attack line with no real off ball facilitator type. This means Lulley is playing middie I guess? Foy says the starters are Robertson, ONeill, and Williams. Wonder if Lulley is still happy with his decision.
These ACC attack units are simply SCARY! Having Spallina and Hiltz together next year will be great but arguably will only bring us closer to some parity with the rest of the ACC. Hiltz is a huge talent and was an on-field general in his rookie year. The problem is, we are playing other teams with multiple "Owen Hiltz's" in different positions. The recruiting classes for the other ACC teams have been epic for several years and will continue that way given the other schools' winning combination of academic excellence, job prospects, on-field success, climate etc.

Small consolation, but when you look back at the last couple of years following the mega transfers for Duke (Sowers, Adler), UNC (Gray), ND (defense) and even UVA (Bertrand), Cuse was significantly shorthanded in terms of talent at attack and defense relative to the ACC. Expectations for last year's team were very unrealistic in hindsight and were only made worse by coaching issues, Scanlan, fogo rule changes etc.
How would we have done without Hiltz last year???? Ugly.

Just said to two friends that it is amazing that we have been competitive at all vs other ACC teams given the huge gap in recruiting classes over the past four years not to mention the portal. As Wildwhack pointed out . Cuse lax lost a lot of talent and Hiltz injury just compounds . Hope for his good health and quicker than expected return as he is the orchestrator and no one right now can replace quite frankly .

Hey look, Inside Lacrosse realized the season was about to start! Welcome guys, it's good to have you.

This lineup by Duke makes very little sense to me. Playing Williams at attack with no feeder seems like a dereliction of duty. The "position-less" strategy makes sense since you have feeders at midfield, but why wouldn't you try and even things up a bit? Also what happens when Duke plays its second midfield? I can't imagine that this is really the lineup they are going to use.

Also strikes me as odd that Caputo would see the bench after being a starter for two years. I have to imagine they will either start Lully at attack, or mix up the midfield more for better passer/scorer balance. Duke really likes to tinker with its lineup throughout the year (last year I think they did it way too much) so I'm sure what they start the season with won't look like what they start with.

I am expecting Robertson to take on more of that feeder role. Justin Guterding was considered to be mostly a finisher early on in his career before he showed up his junior year and suddenly became a great facilitator. I am not a fan of Matt Danowski as a person but I will give him one thing, the guy can coach up an attackman. I'm sure they recognize that someone on that unit needs to be more of a quarterback and Robertson probably fits the bill best. I'd expect to see him carry the ball more and for his assist numbers to go up this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom