2022 U.S. News & World Report University Rankings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022 U.S. News & World Report University Rankings

I looked up all the ACC schools rankings by US and World report, and the University that I always thought did not fit was Louisville. Here is the list, including ties:

Duke #9, ND #19,UNC #28, WF #28, BC #36, GT #38, FSU #55, Miami #55, SU #59, Pitt #59, Clemson #75,
VT #75, NCS 79 and

Louisville #187
To be ranked behing FSU and Miami is flat-out embarassing.

Only applied to two schools - SU & Binghamton. Only reason I applied to Binghamton was because my mom made me. Great school but I’m happy with my selection.
Same with me applying to Syracuse and Clarkson. And the latter was just because the application was free.

I looked up all the ACC schools rankings by US and World report, and the University that I always thought did not fit was Louisville. Here is the list, including ties:

Duke #9, ND #19,UNC #28, WF #28, BC #36, GT #38, FSU #55, Miami #55, SU #59, Pitt #59, Clemson #75,
VT #75, NCS 79 and

Louisville #187
Um. Uh. You forgot someone.

Binghamton (my wife's undergrad alma mater) is an incredible value at a little over 7 grand for in-state tuition.

My mom, sister, uncle, and brother in law all went there. Great school, especially for the price tag if you are in state.

Nice to see Maxwell #1 by itself again. I think there was one year it dropped to #2 and then it was tied for #1 with Indiana.

I have recommended that Maxwell take over the majors from A&S that are tied to Maxwell.
I got my undergrad degree signed by both Rubin and Van Slyke even though A&S was my second major school.
I wanted dean of Maxwell over dean over A&S and they accommodated.

If undergrads could get Maxwell degrees it would help the university.

Newhouse requires all undergrads(or it did when I was there not sure anymore) have a second major outside of Newhouse.
A Maxwell & Newhouse combo would help attract undergrads. Same for Whitman with either.

Right now Maxwell is technically only a grad school.

I have recommended that Maxwell take over the majors from A&S that are tied to Maxwell.
I got my undergrad degree signed by both Rubin and Van Slyke even though A&S was my second major school.
I wanted dean of Maxwell over dean over A&S and they accommodated.

If undergrads could get Maxwell degrees it would help the university.

Newhouse requires all undergrads(or it did when I was there not sure anymore) have a second major outside of Newhouse.
A Maxwell & Newhouse combo would help attract undergrads. Same for Whitman with either.

Right now Maxwell is technically only a grad school.

I got my UG degree in international relations (focus on political economy). My advisor was a Maxwell prof. I took Maxwell classes. Having access to Maxwell was one of the appealing parts of taking that UG major.

Cantor killed the ranking. It’s going to take a while to get it back up.
We can’t be more selective in a pandemic.

As long as Newhouse, Maxwell, and Whitman remain elite the school will be fine.
The Architecture School is strong as well

FSU is actually a really solid school. Just don’t think because it’s the south and a Florida school doesn’t make it bad. It’s probably the most sought after of the Big 3 Florida schools for academic minded people

To be ranked behing FSU and Miami is flat-out embarassing.
I live in South Florida and would whole heartedly agree about FSU. However, Miami is an excellent University and their medical affiliation with Jackson Health care is inspiring.

FSU is actually a really solid school. Just don’t think because it’s the south and a Florida school doesn’t make it bad. It’s probably the most sought after of the Big 3 Florida schools for academic minded people
FSU had the chance to pursue membership in the SEC, Bobby Bowden and others fought this and wanted the ACC membership because of academic matters. (Obviously, they were not aware of the UNC exception)

FSU had the chance to pursue membership in the SEC, Bobby Bowden and others fought this and wanted the ACC membership because of academic matters. (Obviously, they were not aware of the UNC exception)
I read somewhere that Bowden didn’t want the SEC because it would be hard to navigate.

I also live in Florida. FSU has made a dramatic move in these rankings over the last 5 years. However, UF by far is the most sought-after of the Big 3 for academic minded people, Top 5 Public University in the US!

I got my UG degree in international relations (focus on political economy). My advisor was a Maxwell prof. I took Maxwell classes. Having access to Maxwell was one of the appealing parts of taking that UG major.
I think I know who you are talking about. LO? Oops - I’m probably wrong - was thinking you were noting Univ of Georgia. Sorry

Syracuse is 24th among all P5 institutions (65 total).
  1. Stanford University (#6 overall)
  2. Duke University (9)
  3. Northwestern University (9)
  4. Vanderbilt University (14)
  5. University of Notre Dame (19)
  6. UCLA (20)
  7. University of California-Berkeley (22)
  8. University of Michigan-Ann Arbor (23)
  9. University of Virginia (25)
  10. University of Southern California (27)
  11. University of Florida (28)
  12. University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (28)
  13. Wake Forest University (28)
  14. Boston College (36)
  15. Georgia Institute of Technology (38)
  16. University of Texas-Austin (38)
  17. University of Wisconsin-Madison (42)
  18. University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign (47)
  19. University of Georgia (48)
  20. Ohio State University (49)
  21. Purdue University (49)
  22. Florida State University (55)
  23. University of Miami (55)
  24. Syracuse University (59)
  25. University of Maryland (59)

I think I know who you are talking about. LO? Oops - I’m probably wrong - was thinking you were noting Univ of Georgia. Sorry

I can't believe I'm blanking on his name (I'm having an old man moment, but I'll remember it). The famous story of him was that he once punched Bobby Kennedy, lol (and please don't take that as anything political, I just think it's a funny anecdote).

I can't believe I'm blanking on his name (I'm having an old man moment, but I'll remember it). The famous story of him was that he once punched Bobby Kennedy, lol (and please don't take that as anything political, I just think it's a funny anecdote).
Goodwin Cooke or Robert McClure?

Goodwin Cooke or Robert McClure?

YES! Goodwin Cooke!

That guy put me on a very tough track that ended with me being in a graduate class on international finance and macroeconomics that scared the holy ghost out of me but was one of the best classes I ever took. He always pushed me to challenge myself. No BS, ever.