2022 USMNT Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2022 USMNT Thread

These corners have been garbage. Can we get some shots on net with these chances.

That draw at Mexico really saved this team.
I fear playing in Costa Rica more than Mexico.

US if it holds on will be pot 2 along with Mexico. So they will be favored to make the knockout round by that placement.

The announcers just said if Canada loses to Panama they will be in pot 4.

That is tough.
Pot 4 will mean they will have a tough group likely.

Navas had some really good saves. This could be tied or a one goal game.

edit. I will take a wc bid any way I can

These corners have been garbage. Can we get some shots on net with these chances.

Pulisic needs to not take our corners in the WC. So many bad balls in.

Navas had some really good saves. This could be tied or a one goal game.

edit. I will take a wc bid any way I can
I mean the dude has been at Madrid and PSG.
He is the GK in CONCACAF.

USA never wins in CR. They played well. Controlled the ball a lot and just ran the clock out.

We need to finish in the last third in Qatar.

That draw at Mexico really saved this team.
I fear playing in Costa Rica more than Mexico.

US if it holds on will be pot 2 along with Mexico. So they will be favored to make the knockout round by that placement.

Yeah. It probably works better for us if CR played their regulars. Far more team speed tonight with the youngsters.

I hope we can have a healthy Mckennie, Turner, Dest and Aaronson for Qatar. We will need them.

Barring getting a group of death I expect to make the knockout stage.

Being in Pot 2 is huge.
I would prefer being with a European team from pot 1 over Argentina or Brazil.

Barring getting a group of death I expect to make the knockout stage.

Being in Pot 2 is huge.
I would prefer being with a European team from pot 1 over Argentina or Brazil.

Yep. South American sides play like concacaf just way more skill obviously point being we struggle with them. Our style of play it serves us better vs a stronger Euro side.

I mean the dude has been at Madrid and PSG.
He is the GK in CONCACAF.

USA never wins in CR. They played well. Controlled the ball a lot and just ran the clock out.

We need to finish in the last third in Qatar.
I know where he has played. He played world class. We tested him and he came through. We do need to finish better but our defense let us down tonight. Our offense put together some plays

Props to the Canadians on this board and I hope Davies gets healthy for November. Bittersweet day but this is so much better than T&T 5 years ago.

I know where he has played. He played world class. We tested him and he came through. We do need to finish better but our defe let us down tonight. Our offense put together some plays

I'm not sure Steffen should even be our number 2 right now. He is out of form and slow reacting.

How many times can they wipe out Pulisic before a yellow card?

Yeah, that was some serious bullshtt. They fouled him literally every time he touched the ball.

US dominated possession this match and had countless corners.

The service on corners has to improve.

I'm not sure Steffen should even be our number 2 right now. He is out of form and slow reacting.
The missed header by Zimmerman on the first goal Was bad cause he didn’t trackthe ball well. Second goal was a mess but Steffan needs to play it better. The back side was Jedi losing track of what he shound do which far post is his to cover

US dominated possession this match and had countless corners.

The service on corners has to improve.
Crosses too. Jedi is great at getting the ability to cross but they aren’t really good crosses typically

Crosses too. Jedi is great at getting the ability to cross but they aren’t really good crosses typically

Also we did awful switch fields. See it too much. Shrinking the field way too often.

The missed header by Zimmerman on the first goal Was bad cause he didn’t trackthe ball well. Second goal was a mess but Steffan needs to play it better. The back side was Jedi losing track of what he shound do which far post is his to cover

Yeah that first goal was bad. That said you want your keeper if he is going to be #1 on a knockout round WC squad to be able to show up in moments when you need him. Twice we needed Steffen two do so and twice he wasn't good. Obviously with help from some bad defensive miscues. First two games in the cycle the D was stout and Zach didn't have much to worry about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom