2022 USMNT Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2022 USMNT Thread

Also we did awful switch fields. See it too much. Shrinking the field way too often.
Agreed. Also it’s not as smooth on pulisics side with the lb overlapping. I feel like the rbs Like Yedlin and Dest and Moore have better success. It could be me cause I’m paying attention to what CP does.

I just want McKennie, Adams, Aaronson and Reyna at full speed for November. Not sure who the striker will be but honestly I’m upset Pefok didn’t get a look this cycle. He’s been scoring in big moments for club lately.

I just want McKennie, Adams, Aaronson and Reyna at full speed for November. Not sure who the striker will be but honestly I’m upset Pefok didn’t get a look this cycle. He’s been scoring in big moments for club lately.
Dest!

I’m excited to see Reyna play major minutes. He makes plays happen. Can dribble well and that pass to Pulisic in the box was high level. I think Aaronson has to be a sub and Weah too. Musah breaks the d down pretty well with pace very simi to weah. Part of me wouldnot mind Weah as the striker late in games if Reyna was out there

The dream is group A obviously.
Outside of that give me something like
Portugal/US/Senegal/Saudi Arabia.

I hope the US doesn’t get Peru-Australia or Wales-Scotland/Ukraine winner out of pot 4. We can’t get Canada or Costa Rica/New Zealand out of pot 4 because of confederation rules for group stage.

I tuned its grumpy pundits today on one of my rare morning commutes... still the best sports show on radio in my opinion.

They did asked fans to call in to talk about how they are feeling this morning and the call ins were shockingly negative. My favorite was the dude who compared us to a morbidly obese person who get's a diagnosis that they aren't diabetic but are still morbidly obese. I truly believe, if healthy, we have the talent to hang with anyone in the world except maybe the top 5 teams or so.

Three areas give me pause:
- We have no forwards who can put the ball in the net
- Our primary goal keeper options will not be starters for their club teams
- Our talent doesn't mesh well together and Berhalter is a system coach who will try to force players into his system vs trying to find a system that maximizes talent

One of the questions on grumpy pundits was how did Canada get so good so quickly... To me its because their talent plays together really well together and their coach is better than ours which meant they didn't drop points on the road like we did. They are the perfect example of the whole being better than the sum of the parts because if you take our parts and Mexico's parts and sum them together they are probably better than Canada.

Berhalter's biggest challenge is how do you get McKennie, Musah, Adams,Pulisic, Reyna, Weah into the same lineup... I think the answer is staring us in the face i.e. a false 9 but through all this time we haven't even experimented with it even once which makes me question whether Berhalter will ever go that route.

I tuned its grumpy pundits today on one of my rare morning commutes... still the best sports show on radio in my opinion.

They did asked fans to call in to talk about how they are feeling this morning and the call ins were shockingly negative. My favorite was the dude who compared us to a morbidly obese person who get's a diagnosis that they aren't diabetic but are still morbidly obese. I truly believe, if healthy, we have the talent to hang with anyone in the world except maybe the top 5 teams or so.

Three areas give me pause:
- We have no forwards who can put the ball in the net
- Our primary goal keeper options will not be starters for their club teams
- Our talent doesn't mesh well together and Berhalter is a system coach who will try to force players into his system vs trying to find a system that maximizes talent

One of the questions on grumpy pundits was how did Canada get so good so quickly... To me its because their talent plays together really well together and their coach is better than ours which meant they didn't drop points on the road like we did. They are the perfect example of the whole being better than the sum of the parts because if you take our parts and Mexico's parts and sum them together they are probably better than Canada.

Berhalter's biggest challenge is how do you get McKennie, Musah, Adams,Pulisic, Reyna, Weah into the same lineup... I think the answer is staring us in the face i.e. a false 9 but through all this time we haven't even experimented with it even once which makes me question whether Berhalter will ever go that route.
We have the best US talent pool ever.
Horvath is our 3rd GK we have 3 quality GKs.
Turner is hurt or he starts atleast one of these 3 final matches.

We have talent to be a knockout team in the WC.
From there it’s pure luck.

2026 we should be a darkhorse contender.

US dominated possession this match and had countless corners.

The service on corners has to improve.

Yeah, I'd rather have Pulisic near the goal to poach loose balls that hit the ground. His delivery is not great. Surely other guys on the team are as good (like Dest or McKennie, who were not available).

The dream is group A obviously.
Outside of that give me something like
Portugal/US/Senegal/Saudi Arabia.

I hope the US doesn’t get Peru-Australia or Wales-Scotland/Ukraine winner out of pot 4. We can’t get Canada or Costa Rica/New Zealand out of pot 4 because of confederation rules for group stage.

I was reading some commentary on the possible draws, and this one writer was saying we should hope for Poland. Not me, thanks. Robert Lewandowski of Bayern Munich is probably the best striker in the world right now; him or Karim Benzema of Real Madrid. Lewandowski plays for Poland. I want no part of him in a single game.

I was reading some commentary on the possible draws, and this one writer was saying we should hope for Poland. Not me, thanks. Robert Lewandowski of Bayern Munich is probably the best striker in the world right now; him or Karim Benzema of Real Madrid. Lewandowski plays for Poland. I want no part of him in a single game.
Yeah I wouldn’t want a European team from pot 3.

Give me one of fhe Asian teams from pot 3.

Yeah I wouldn’t want a European team from pot 3.

Give me one of fhe Asian teams from pot 3.

Playing Iran would be a lot like a CONCACAF game, very physical.

Clint Dempsey stole his USMNT Starting 11 from me!

FPJkEcuXMAEorJC.jpg

One mistake, though, in Clint's lineup. McKennie and Musah tend to play on the opposite sides.

This has been a dream start to the draw.
If we avoid the Ukraine-Wales or Ghana in pot 4.

This has been a dream start to the draw.
If we avoid the Ukraine-Wales or Ghana in pot 4.
bummer It's Ukraine/Scotland/ Wales
first game for USA
second game for USA will be against England on the Friday after Thanksgiving
third game against Iran

Last edited:
Likely we are playing Wales.

Wales has Bale.
I watched them at the Euros last year and they didn’t impress.

I think the USA a deeper roster than Wales.

Iran is what Matt said a physical team. We have dealt with physical teams in CONCACAF.

I like this draw as if we get thru our first KO opponent is likely Netherlands.

We can beat them in a one off.

We should try to get friendlies with European teams and Saudi Arabia, Egypt.

By world ranking our pot is one of the hardest if not the hardest. Now I don’t hate the draw but wish we had an better first game. Glad we are back in the world cup. Better than last go around!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom