2022 USMNT Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2022 USMNT Thread

Morocco match in June should be one to see where we stand.. they had a pretty good run to the WC.

we play 3 times in those 2 weeks.. i suppose they must be doing some kind of games between june and nov though
4 matches May 30-June 14 (USA may not play the max of 4 matches)
2 matches September 19-27.

That's it.

4 matches May 30-June 14 (USA may not play the max of 4 matches)
2 matches September 19-27.

That's it.

Such a messed up calendar! But on the bright side, having the World Cup in November is a time of year, on average, when everyone is in their best condition. They are so fried by the end of the season that this might actually be a better played WC. If only the powers that be would give them all 1 extra week off, so each team could have a proper camp before the tournament.

Such a messed up calendar! But on the bright side, having the World Cup in November is a time of year, on average, when everyone is in their best condition. They are so fried by the end of the season that this might actually be a better played WC. If only the powers that be would give them all 1 extra week off, so each team could have a proper camp before the tournament.

It's like 8 days from when clubs release players to the first USA match. Basically if you don't impress Berhalter in June you won't get a shot.

IMO he should callup a 40-man June roster and make it a steel cage affair. Set the scene for who is hungry and wants it the most.

The road ended for Miles tonight. Looks like her popped his achilles on a no-contact play.

MLS gets criticized sometimes for playing on turf. I believe three big players so far got season ending injuries in recent years (Robinson, Josef Martinez, Joao Paulo). Thierry Henry and Zlatan famously never played if the game was on turf unless it was the playoffs.

I think MLS has improved a lot but there's still some things they need to change. I do think turf is one.

The road ended for Miles tonight. Looks like her popped his achilles on a no-contact play.

Big loss. He has been a certain starter. Now, it's John Brooks' turn to try to redeem himself with Berhalter. Although his German club side gave up 7 in a first half about a month ago.

Big loss. He has been a certain starter. Now, it's John Brooks' turn to try to redeem himself with Berhalter. Although his German club side gave up 7 in a first half about a month ago.

He's basically the only guy in the pool that has played in a World Cup (and scored too!). I think that experience is valuable and it would be foolish for him not to be included. I don't know what personal thing he and Berhalter have but they need to patch it up.

MLS gets criticized sometimes for playing on turf. I believe three big players so far got season ending injuries in recent years (Robinson, Josef Martinez, Joao Paulo). Thierry Henry and Zlatan famously never played if the game was on turf unless it was the playoffs.

I think MLS has improved a lot but there's still some things they need to change. I do think turf is one.

It's a huge issue that's not talked about enough (to quote Bob Bradley). I think the science says you're 25% more likely to sustain a serious non-contact injury on turf than on grass and twice as likely to miss games due to turf related injuries. Even just playing and seeing how unnaturally -- and, frankly, inconsistently from field to field -- that the ball reacts to the playing surface is ridiculous.

I'm shocked the NFLPA has put up with it for as long as it has as well.

It's a huge issue that's not talked about enough (to quote Bob Bradley). I think the science says you're 25% more likely to sustain a serious non-contact injury on turf than on grass and twice as likely to miss games due to turf related injuries. Even just playing and seeing how unnaturally -- and, frankly, inconsistently from field to field -- that the ball reacts to the playing surface is ridiculous.

Every stadium should use desso grassmaster. It's the standard for euro soccer and it's what Green Bay and Philly use.

why is the turf so bad for soccer but not for sports like Lax which has way more cutting as a course of the game play?

why is the turf so bad for soccer but not for sports like Lax which has way more cutting as a course of the game play?

I'm certainly not an expert in this field (no pun intended), but I was under the impression that it has been an issue in lacrosse as well and a quick Google search makes it seem like that is the case.

It's always hard to tell with non-contact injuries though. Last fall, the best right back in MLS popped his achilles on a nearly identical play to Robinson. He did it on grass though, so it was just an unfortunate event.

Anecdotally, I don't see how it couldn't be an issue with lax as well. The way my (getting old) joints feel after games on turf, field turf, field turf with cork instead of rubber, and regular grass are significantly different.

So is the Tillman switch a big deal for the US? or the Rubin switch to Guat a thing either?

So is the Tillman switch a big deal for the US? or the Rubin switch to Guat a thing either?
They both think they have a better chance to be a starter/contributor with the new natl team.

Tillman has a lot of pedigree but in my experience in watching soccer making the leap from prospect to player is so difficult. So for now he's only a hot prospect.

They both think they have a better chance to be a starter/contributor with the new natl team.

Tillman has a lot of pedigree but in my experience in watching soccer making the leap from prospect to player is so difficult. So for now he's only a hot prospect.
Agreed... Tillman is for next cycle and Rubin wasn't a factor for USMNT so he made the wise choice to switch to Guatemala in my opinion.

A more interesting one to keep an eye on is the USMNT GK who Poland just called up. He has an outside shot to be GK3 for US next fall and is our future at the position. Losing him to Poland would be a large setback given how underwhelming our keepers are.

Agreed... Tillman is for next cycle and Rubin wasn't a factor for USMNT so he made the wise choice to switch to Guatemala in my opinion.

A more interesting one to keep an eye on is the USMNT GK who Poland just called up. He has an outside shot to be GK3 for US next fall and is our future at the position. Losing him to Poland would be a large setback given how underwhelming our keepers are.

It's no coincidence Slonina is in the midst of a very bad run of form. Outside distractions. If he wants to join Poland so be it. I'm happy the USA is taking a relaxed approach and letting players join various camps and making the best call for themselves.

I follow Bayern pretty closely and he’s been great at most levels for them. Will be interesting to see if he gets a legit shot with Lewandowski seeming to be intent on moving to Spain. He’s really skilled and has been at a great academy. Hoping he’s not another Julian Green but Tillman is far more physically gifted than Green was.

Beat me to it! Aaronson is a great fit with Jesse Marsch. Leeds is a proud football club. Very exciting to see how he does.

All the right teams avoided the drop - Everton, Leeds, Newcastle and Southampton all avoided the drop. These are teams with great followings, terrific stadiums and lots of tradition. Next year the Premier League will probably be the most competitive it's ever been from top to bottom.

All the right teams avoided the drop - Everton, Leeds, Newcastle and Southampton all avoided the drop. These are teams with great followings, terrific stadiums and lots of tradition. Next year the Premier League will probably be the most competitive it's ever been from top to bottom.

Yeah next year is gonna be a fun year in the PL. Looking forward to all the parity. A nice injection of chaos.

Beat me to it! Aaronson is a great fit with Jesse Marsch. Leeds is a proud football club. Very exciting to see how he does.
It’s the perfect landing spot and there’s no reason to think Aaronson won’t get plenty of game time with Jesse. It’s a great fit and I’m so happy Leeds stayed up.

No easy games. I imagine Everton will have a better season too after the debacle this year.

No easy games. I imagine Everton will have a better season too after the debacle this year.

I agree. They have so much talent in that squad. Frank might not be the manager for them, but they looked incredible just a couple seasons ago under Carlo Ancelotti when they had James Rodriguez in their midfield. A lot of their guys are pretty young, too. Everton and Leicster both have so much good young talent.

Everton is being sued and might get relegated right?

TBH if parity means any team can win the league then there is no parity. Man City might not lose a match with Haaland added to the rest of their already ridiculous squad. Who knows who else they will add

Liverpool will get better but they are also getting older at the same time. I don't think Mo Salah is the same Mo Salah of three years ago.

Who else is there? Chelsea will probably get worse this offseason. ManU is a joke, Newcastle on Saudi side will need a few more years to upgrade the talent. No one else is even close from a money perspective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom