2022 World Cup | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

2022 World Cup

If we score I think it’s the Dutch fault. Our best chance to score is getting them spread out and they’re playing aggressively enough to allow that to happen.

Yeah they have a 6'5 and 6'4 guy in back and Jesus is 5'9. Let's give him jump balls

It makes zero sense and it’s almost like the practiced these sets like it made sense to do.

Game over now. Unfortunately.

I think we can play with them we’re just not playing smart.

Berhalter’s refusal to sub out when things clearly aren’t working is what sinks us. Just mind blowing decisions on his part this whole tournament.

In all likelihood he wouldn’t have saved us from this but it’s definitely a significant drop off from him to Haji and Ferreira.
Yeah I didnt mean by his play, but hes not MLS Ferreira.

In all likelihood he wouldn’t have saved us from this but it’s definitely a significant drop off from him to Haji and Ferreira.
Right but maybe he doesn't have the lazy turnovers and actually is involved in the game. Jesus is just getting in cardio today.

I don't think it's just Sargeant. Not having Reyna available in a bigger role for whatever reason hurts. We have dominated possession and can't pick a pass in the final third. Reyna is without a doubt the most capable guy on the roster to do so.

This is what I wish we would do on attack.

Take it wide and send low crosses in for volleys.

Harder to do when not in transition (Dutch are well organized) but we’re unlikely to beat them crossing for headers.

If you want to take a positive from this it would be we can dominate possession against a world power and have them playing more defensive to counter. The negative is we can't play and win against the best that way if we don't have enough finishers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom