2022 World Cup | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

2022 World Cup

Game over man

I know it's not but man we missed a couple early chances and that was way too easy

On the plus side, lots of time left and we’ve been able to hold position. Not confident in our ability to score though and that’s been a concern going into the tournament. Especially since Netherlands will bunker up a bit more now.

Pulisic just not crisp

That's why I was surprised he started instead of coming off bench as super sub

Either Ferreira has been told to shadow De Jong when he drops deep or he has a really crappy work rate for a player in his first WC game.

I hate him as a false 9 because he’s disappeared.

Going down 1-0 in soccer feels like 21-0 in football.
The odds winning a knockout stage game after conceding the first goal are about the same as being down 21-0 in footballl.

Lol bad offsides call, Pulisic tackled, no call. Forget these refs. So bad already

Dutch are putting on a master class in team defending.

Middle is absolutely clogged and we’re not driving down the wings like we did against England and Iran.

Van Dijk is a beast
Their midfield is shutting ours down.

And we’re throwing Dest and Jedi into the middle at times with no tangible benefit.

They’ve got to push it out wide.

And the Dutch have such skill on the ball…

They’ve not made a wrong touch under pressure yet.

Now we’re playing like old US teams. Just kicking it around hoping something happens by chance and generally losing possession after a few touches on the Dutch side.

We’re also not going to score, lofting high crosses to the middle of the Dutch D.

Pulisic just not crisp

That's why I was surprised he started instead of coming off bench as super sub
If you bring him in as a sub and it turns out he can’t go, you’re screwed and could be down to 10.

Now we’re playing like old US teams. Just kicking it around hoping something happens by chance and generally losing possession after a few touches on the Dutch side.

We’re also not going to score, lofting high crosses to the middle of the Dutch D.
Yeah they have a 6'5 and 6'4 guy in back and Jesus is 5'9. Let's give him jump balls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom