2022 Yankees Season | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Yankees Season

The curse of Billy Crystal lives on. He basically gets $1M per start.
Tonight he earned $200,000 per walk. Nice work if you can get it.

Hard to imagine the offense being this bad with a 230 million + payroll. This is Greg Robinson circa 2005 bad.

Joey Gallo at the plate makes my eyes bleed.

Can't figure out how he walks so much. Why nibble, he knows the strike zone? Just throw strikes, he can't hit them.

I literally cringe when he's up. He's a disaster at the plate. Yankees have to move on

Boone spinning that Cole crapshow as some sort of success is an embarrassment to anyone with eyes and a brain.

Release Gallo, he is awful

I was really hoping a fresh start would get him going ...
noidea.gif

Joey Gallo at the plate makes my eyes bleed.

Can't figure out how he walks so much. Why nibble, he knows the strike zone? Just throw strikes, he can't hit them.

Remember when the Yankees made that trade and every single Yankees fan predicted that it would play out exactly like this? What a garbage move by Cashman.

Hey, I've seen people on this board get fooled by that account.

Me to, but right now he just looks lost. Might be one of those guys ie Heaney, Gray etc who just can't get it done in NY.

Yep, Rogers, Weaver, Loaiza, Burnett, Pavano ...

Seriously, he's a solid outfielder. He doesn't have to hit like Miggy Cabrera. If he could go .240, 30-35 & 80-85, he'd be a fan fave. That's not asking a lot for a LHB in Yankee Stadium. But ...
noidea.gif

Last edited:
Yep, Rogers, Weaver, Loaiza, Burnett, Pavano ...

Seriously, he's a solid outfielder. He doesn't have to hit like Miggy Cabrera. If he could go .240, 30-35 & 80-85, he'd be a fan fave. That's not asking a lot for a LHB in Yankee Stadium. But ... View attachment 216717
Burnett was fine in his first season in NY, and a big part of the 2009 World Series team.

According to what I just heard on The Athletic Baseball Show, Gallo’s chase-rate is up significantly since joining the Yankees. Hopefully he can get that straightened out. If he does, it will change this lineup dramatically.

Also, Judge’s chase-rate is up so far this year.

Pitching continues to be impressive, only 1 run through 4 for Montgomery. Offense continues to be a disaster. Stanton and Judge look like their both in slumps and Gallo is about to go under .100 in a few more at bats. Torres back on the bench again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom