2023-2024 Coaching Carousel | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2023-2024 Coaching Carousel

IMG_9443.jpeg

My son is devastated.

This is all that is wrong with CFB and the 2 giant leagues. Arizona is a better job in every way right now except for the $$$. If you aren't a top 10...maybe 12 program...all you are is a stepping stone.
I mean even ND lost their coach to LSU. I think Ryan Day would have jumped if Bama called. Everyone seems poachable at some level, certainly the lesser p5s more likely than the very top 5-10 schools.

My son is devastated.

This is all that is wrong with CFB and the 2 giant leagues. Arizona is a better job in every way right now except for the $$$. If you aren't a top 10...maybe 12 program...all you are is a stepping stone.
What?

Washington is in a better conference, has more recent success, more historical success, and is a better school.

My son is devastated.

What? A better job says who?

Arizona would have been the prohibitive favorite to win the Big 12 which could have given Fisch his pick of jobs.

UW is losing a slew of talent and likely would slot back to a mid tier Big 10 team

I guess I meant better 2024 situation. His dream job is Florida and I think he's stepping away not towards that goal with this move

That said, the $ I am hearing from UW is nuts and UA had no shot at matching it

Last edited:
Arizona would have been the prohibitive favorite to win the Big 12 which could have given Fisch his pick of jobs.

UW is losing a slew of talent and likely would slot back to a mid tier Big 10 team

I guess I meant better 2024 situation. His dream job is Florida and I think he's stepping away not towards that goal with this move

That said, the $ I am hearing from UW is nuts and UA had no shot at matching it
It sounds like he may have already gotten one of the “dream jobs.” I don’t know Frisch’s connection to Florida, but a top half job in the B1G or SEC, it seems like he’s at the top of his profession.

DeBoer didn't think so

He didn’t leave for a job at Arizona or Florida, did he? Presumably he left for more $ and more resources. Same reason Frisch presumably left Arizona.

Also, his job at Washington set him up to be hired at Alabama. I don’t recall Frisch being a candidate at Bama this go around.

I get your point. I think you’re reaching though.

He didn’t leave for a job at Arizona or Florida, did he? Presumably he left for more $ and more resources. Same reason Frisch presumably left Arizona.

Also, his job at Washington set him up to be hired at Alabama. I don’t recall Frisch being a candidate at Bama this go around.

I get your point. I think you’re reaching though.
Maybe. Just disappointed. Another Goliath stopping the ascent of a 2nd tier program. It's a big reason why despite what Fran said at his presser I know if he excels there's every chance he'll get an offer be can't refuse

Maybe. Just disappointed. Another Goliath stopping the ascent of a 2nd tier program. It's a big reason why despite what Fran said at his presser I know if he excels there's every chance he'll get an offer be can't refuse
I hope Coach Fran is successful here. I hope he stays until he retires. If if the former occurs I have serious doubts about the latter. Thats unfortunate but it is what it is at this point. And I certainly won’t hold it against Coach Fran if it happens (unless it’s Ped State of course).