2023-24 Coaching Carousel | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Jacksonville men's lacrosse head coach John Galloway announced the promotion of Chris Perzinski to associate head coach on Monday.

Perzinski, whose title was previously defensive coordinator, joined the Dolphins' staff in 2022.

Jacksonville men's lacrosse head coach John Galloway announced the promotion of Chris Perzinski to associate head coach on Monday.

Perzinski, whose title was previously defensive coordinator, joined the Dolphins' staff in 2022.

Guy's a good coach. He left a solid D-3 program where he was head coach and had the program moving up to take the coordinator gig with Galloway. I am sure he has loftier aspirations.

I went to school in PA and had friends who attended liberty, freedom and BECA. Still have friends that live in Emmaus and macungie.

We’re Syracuse fans. Not sure why I’d disparage Bethlehem. And his wife is from there. (Maybe that’s why he’s moving?)

I’ve never been to Charlottesville so I couldn’t comment on the allure.
was just a little levity, sherm, pointed at your last line/question.

non sequiter... many moons ago saw sherm in a dc metro area pub at happy hour after a group of ours had done some friday hoops. he may have still been in the league, sat down and we rapped for a while.

told him i'd like to mess w a guy that "knew everything about hoops". sherm was all for it, got all faux affronted when guy didn't know who he was. good times.

was just a little levity, sherm, pointed at your last line/question.

non sequiter... many moons ago saw sherm in a dc metro area pub at happy hour after a group of ours had done some friday hoops. he may have still been in the league, sat down and we rapped for a while.

told him i'd like to mess w a guy that "knew everything about hoops". sherm was all for it, got all faux affronted when guy didn't know who he was. good times.
What can I say, I love Bethlehem PA!

On the women's side, Julie Myers has retired after 28 years as UVa's coach. She won 1 natty in 2004. Folks were getting very impatient with her at the end.

Current Queens assistant. Former Jacksonville volunteer assistant.

I think the teams that have added a third assistant are now Delaware, Jacksonville, UNC, Princeton and Johns Hopkins. I'm sure I am missing some. I know we are all waiting for the DC position to be wrapped up but that's another spot that could make quite a difference to the product on the field this spring.

New report that Bernhardt is out as OC at Maryland after accepting a head coaching job at Colby in Maine.

New report that Bernhardt is out as OC at Maryland after accepting a head coaching job at Colby in Maine.

Coach Odierna's old stomping grounds. I thought Petro leaving when he did was bad timing, I have to imagine this is even worse. Given his closeness to the program (and the fact that his two brothers still work there) I am guessing the Terps have had a while to process this. Wonder if current director of player development Jared Bernhardt gets a look (though he has no coaching experience). What strange timing.

Certainly not a plus for the Terps going into next year. I suspect the Terps will be looking for someone with a bit more experience than Jared. I think the Terps would have to be very lucky to find someone like they did a few years back with Benson.

It seems a little peculiar that Jake would go off to a D-III school halfway through the year.

Tough setback after several weeks of practice. Can they find that experienced OC that is willing to come aboard in mid-november? They might not be able to go with the long term candidate at this point.

timing and destination are strange. i hadnt heard anything about this. talked to a couple folks this morning...caught a lot of people by surprise

tillman might be able to pull mike chanenchuck away from stony brook. phipps also a possibility but id be shocked if he leaves navy. tills has also flirted with hiring jim mitchell before...maybe the time is right now that princeton loses most of its offense. i will report back if i hear anything

timing and destination are strange. i hadnt heard anything about this. talked to a couple folks this morning...caught a lot of people by surprise

tillman might be able to pull mike chanenchuck away from stony brook. phipps also a possibility but id be shocked if he leaves navy. tills has also flirted with hiring jim mitchell before...maybe the time is right now that princeton loses most of its offense. i will report back if i hear anything
I don't think Chanenchuck would leave Stonybrook because him and his father own summer youth lacrosse leagues and coach. I mean maybe but would have to be for a nice raise to get him to give that up and move to Maryland.

I don't think Chanenchuck would leave Stonybrook because him and his father own summer youth lacrosse leagues and coach. I mean maybe but would have to be for a nice raise to get him to give that up and move to Maryland.
it's his alma mater, it's a huge step up in prestige, and he'd def get more money. he'd consider it... the biggest obstacle is the timing, no one wants to change jobs right before the season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom