2023-24 NBA Season | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

So the Blazers suddenly have Ayton and Time Lord as their starting and backup 5?

Cs better help KP stays healthy.
Yup. I’m not sold on KP and a 37 year old Horford as a championship level frontcourt - especially when it requires beating Giannis.

But if Al has another good year in him and both of them are healthy when they’re really needed to be healthy, they could be the best team.

Might need some time to gel after so many changes though.

Celts-Bucks could be a lot of fun if they meet in the playoffs.

Yup. I’m not sold on KP and a 37 year old Horford as a championship level frontcourt - especially when it requires beating Giannis.

But if Al has another good year in him and both of them are healthy when they’re really needed to be healthy, they could be the best team.

Might need some time to gel after so many changes though.

Celts-Bucks could be a lot of fun if they meet in the playoffs.
Brissett might play a lot of minutes.

Maybe the Lakers can take Brogdon off Portland’s hands?

I think they could do something around Russell-Brogdon. Not sure what the Lakers would be willing to add to that. They have 2 firsts to trade (I am pretty sure, 29/31)

I think they could do something around Russell-Brogdon. Not sure what the Lakers would be willing to add to that. They have 2 firsts to trade (I am pretty sure, 29/31)
They can’t trade Russell until December.

Scoot is going to be really good. For such a high draft pick I feel like he's weirdly under the radar.

Totally agree. In most drafts in the last ten years, he would have been first overall. He's a beast. Huge wingspan, extraterrestrial athleticism and can get to the rim at will.

He looks like an emo version of Wesley Snipes when he wears that disguise in U.S. Marshals.

MV5BYzU4MjIzN2QtMGQ5Zi00ZmRjLTlmMDEtYWFjOThjNDFlOTQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTEzODM0MDA@._V1_.jpg

Imagine what they’d say about Jimmy’s hair today if they were going this hard back then….

Also: man I cant believe the Warriors took Wiseman at #2. I know Edwards was already gone, but Lamelo Ball is pretty good.
I always thought it should have been a decision between LaMelo and Haliburton that year. I thought LaMelo in particular would have been so much fun in their system. Feels like Hali probably should have been the choice in retrospect.

Still can’t believe how many teams passed on Hali.

Scoot is going to be really good. For such a high draft pick I feel like he's weirdly under the radar.
I feel kinda the opposite. He’s gonna put up numbers for sure but I think he’s more De’Aaron Fox than the prime Ja/Rose comps he gets all the time. Still a good player but maybe not super impactful.

I don’t really dig that one of the things everyone loves the most about him is that he’s this dog that will change the mentality of the team with his competitiveness when in reality, he was coasting and sitting out of games constantly. Seems to love the mid range jumper too much too; didn’t get to the rim as often as you’d expect and flat out didn’t shoot it well from the perimeter. But perhaps NBA coaching and the competitiveness we haven’t really seen will get him to play a more valuable style of basketball in the pros.

We’ll see. Turning out to be a Fox level player obviously is still pretty good but I don’t agree with the notion that he’s a #1 overall pick that just happened to be in the same draft as Wemby.

I always thought it should have been a decision between LaMelo and Haliburton that year. I thought LaMelo in particular would have been so much fun in their system. Feels like Hali probably should have been the choice in retrospect.

Still can’t believe how many teams passed on Hali.

I'm not mad about it at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom