2023-24 NBA Season | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Holiday/Maxey could be a really tough backcourt on both ends, if he goes to Philly.
If I’m the Clippers, I’m cutting Philly out of the deal completely. Teach Morey a lesson.

They're idiots and my so-called "Jazz insiders" friends don't actually know anything, but supposedly the Jazz have been an active part of these discussions and it won't be a surprise if they have a hand in facilitating a follow up deal or two.

It’s a trade they had to make, both for the short term and long. Huge defensive downgrade, though.

Yup its a huge defensive downgrade. They at least have Giannis and Lopez to guard the rim, but Holiday is maybe the best defensive guard in the league and Dame is...not.

But the Bucks have struggled offensively in the playoffs with the old group (they were even below average offensively when they won the 21 title) and having Dame run the offense is going to be a huge upgrade.

Yup its a huge defensive downgrade. They at least have Giannis and Lopez to guard the rim, but Holiday is maybe the best defensive guard in the league and Dame is...not.

But the Bucks have struggled offensively in the playoffs with the old group (they were even below average offensively when they won the 21 title) and having Dame run the offense is going to be a huge upgrade.
Is there any chance the Celtics could trade for holiday?

Have the Bucks in their entire history ever landed a big time free agent like this? It has to feel great for their fans who probably all figured Giannis would end up bolting for a warm weather super team a few years ago.

I'm sure I am in the minority, but I am a bit skeptical on this trade for all parties. The Bucks depth took a major hit. Phoenix added some pieces, but I think their defense is going to be terrible. They'll outscore a lot of teams, but I am not sure how that plays long term.

I'm sure I am in the minority, but I am a bit skeptical on this trade for all parties. The Bucks depth took a major hit. Phoenix added some pieces, but I think their defense is going to be terrible. They'll outscore a lot of teams, but I am not sure how that plays long term.
At least right now, on paper I don't think there's a real powerhouse that looks like a runaway favorite. If there's a year to have a flawed team come out with a ring, this could be it.

At least right now, on paper I don't think there's a real powerhouse that looks like a runaway favorite. If there's a year to have a flawed team come out with a ring, this could be it.
All true. They aren't a runaway, but I would still have Denver as the favorite.

Giannis is still going to leave. Bucks maximizing efforts to get another championship before he bolts. They couldn't score and Dame can.

Have the Bucks in their entire history ever landed a big time free agent like this? It has to feel great for their fans who probably all figured Giannis would end up bolting for a warm weather super team a few years ago.
Free agent?

Giannis is still going to leave. Bucks maximizing efforts to get another championship before he bolts. They couldn't score and Dame can.
He really likes Lillard. I don’t see him leaving. I think all of his recent comments were in an effort to make this trade happen.

Free agent?
My bad. I should have asked “when was the last time the Bucks acquired an elite player thru means other than the draft?”

My bad. I should have asked “when was the last time the Bucks acquired an elite player thru means other than the draft?”
Never a player of this caliber.

The best player they probably ever acquired via trade or free agency was Richard Jefferson?

Never a player of this caliber.

The best player they probably ever acquired via trade or free agency was Richard Jefferson?
Richard Jefferson was a nice player, but he was no Big O.

IMG_1644.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom