2023-24 NBA Season | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

I’m not getting League Pass, because….cmon. I ain’t watching all that. I’ll be out of gas on this by December.

But if i did and if they still do it the same way(I don’t think they do?), my 5 teams(not counting my favorite team):

1)OKC
2) Spurs
3) Kings
4) Charlotte
5) Detroit

For different reasons.

OKC could be a burgeoning power and I like to see the rise of teams like that. Plus Jalen Williams is on my fantasy team and I’m highly intrigued to watch him more.

Spurs because of Victor. That’s a player that eyes will be on this year.

Kings - solid team that’s not on TV much, and I really like watching Fox. One of my favorite players in the league.

Charlotte - Ball is extremely entertaining to watch, and I visit family there every few months and they all root for them and I get to some games there, so I’m always interested in how they’re doing.

Detroit - I’m rooting for them because of Weaver, but they’ve accumulated some young and talented pieces and I’m interested to watch the rise if there is one. Hoping to see Cade pop this year. Ivey is interesting and I’ve gotten to really like Killian Hayes - I hope he turns the corner. I root for Stewart too as an Upstate guy, and his charge to get LeBron was amazing and hilarious. And scary.

Honorable mention - Cleveland (similar to Sac - I love Garland and they’ve got a nice team that’s not on much), and Portland - though that’s based more on being intrigued by Scoot. If I end up not liking his game, then they’d be out. But I haven’t seen enough to know. Plus Grant is there - gotta appreciate the one quality player we have in the league while he’s still in his prime.

I’m not getting League Pass, because….cmon. I ain’t watching all that. I’ll be out of gas on this by December.

But if i did and if they still do it the same way(I don’t think they do?), my 5 teams(not counting my favorite team):

1)OKC
2) Spurs
3) Kings
4) Charlotte
5) Detroit

For different reasons.

OKC could be a burgeoning power and I like to see the rise of teams like that. Plus Jalen Williams is on my fantasy team and I’m highly intrigued to watch him more.

Spurs because of Victor. That’s a player that eyes will be on this year.

Kings - solid team that’s not on TV much, and I really like watching Fox. One of my favorite players in the league.

Charlotte - Ball is extremely entertaining to watch, and I visit family there every few months and they all root for them and I get to some games there, so I’m always interested in how they’re doing.

Detroit - I’m rooting for them because of Weaver, but they’ve accumulated some young and talented pieces and I’m interested to watch the rise if there is one. Hoping to see Cade pop this year. Ivey is interesting and I’ve gotten to really like Killian Hayes - I hope he turns the corner. I root for Stewart too as an Upstate guy, and his charge to get LeBron was amazing and hilarious. And scary.

Honorable mention - Cleveland (similar to Sac - I love Garland and they’ve got a nice team that’s not on much), and Portland - though that’s based more on being intrigued by Scoot. If I end up not liking his game, then they’d be out. But I haven’t seen enough to know. Plus Grant is there - gotta appreciate the one quality player we have in the league while he’s still in his prime.

League pass is so good. I'm just an old man now so I'm home a lot of nights in the winter with not a whole lot going on, $100 for the season is an incredible deal. (Especially if you end up with some money riding on some games)

James Harden needs someone in his life to tell him to stop being such a bitch. Overly sensitive feelings having grown man acting like this, smh.
Who is the bigger bitch, Harden or Morey?

Who is the bigger bitch, Harden or Morey?
Are you asking because he wants to come to the Clips, and the other hasn’t pulled the trigger?

League pass is so good. I'm just an old man now so I'm home a lot of nights in the winter with not a whole lot going on, $100 for the season is an incredible deal. (Especially if you end up with some money riding on some games)
Personally, I think it's the best $100 you can spend. Something like 1000 games during the season.

Are you asking because he wants to come to the Clips, and the other hasn’t pulled the trigger?
I would ask the same question if it was Lillard and Cronin.

I would ask the same question if it was Lillard and Cronin.
Harden left a soon to be superteam in OKC so he could be the man and shoot more and go to strip clubs in Houston….and after he came up short there even though they gave him D12 and later CP3, he forced his way out to another superteam in Brooklyn, and then he forced his way out to another very good team in Philly….who lost after he played like a complete hoe in 4 of the 6 games in the series.

Dame just resurrected and carried a hopeless franchise and quietly hooped his ass off for boring ass Portland for over a decade, with zero drama. I’ll leave him alone if he wants a nice midlife crisis vehicle before he retires.

Harden left a soon to be superteam in OKC so he could be the man and shoot more and go to strip clubs in Houston….and after he came up short there even though they gave him D12 and later CP3, he forced his way out to another superteam in Brooklyn, and then he forced his way out to another very good team in Philly….who lost after he played like a complete hoe in 4 of the 6 games in the series.

Dame just resurrected and carried a hopeless franchise and quietly hooped his ass off for boring ass Portland for over a decade, with zero drama. I’ll leave him alone if he wants a nice midlife crisis vehicle before he retires.
I gotta add, I’m positive Harden turned the ball over 12 times and shot like 2-14 in an elimination game against the Warriors. Maybe more than once.

He also got booted by Dame’s Blazers on a buzzer beater by Dame.

I just meant if the situations were reversed, where Harden was already traded and Lillard/Cronin were at an impasse.

Morey bailed on the Rockets first. And he definitely lied to Harden.

The only change I would make is he really left OKC because they wouldnt pay him as much as Houston was going to. (the strip clubs didnt hurt I'm sure) Which I do think is a pretty reasonable reason to leave.

Everything else though!

I just meant if the situations were reversed, where Harden was already traded and Lillard/Cronin were at an impasse.

Morey bailed on the Rockets first. And he definitely lied to Harden.
Morey is such a clown. He's like a cartoon character at this point. I love the report where he asked for Paul George straight up for Harden and was "shocked" they told him to pound salt.

Wonder how long before Embid asks for a trade?

I’ll never really understand leaving Brooklyn so quickly (unless it was as simple as he couldn’t stand Kyrie), but him leaving OKC had to be an incredibly easy decision. Leaving OKC probably netted him several hundreds of millions of dollars that he was never getting there because their ownership chose to pay Ibaka over him.

I think if Morey really did screw him over in Philly, him wanting out now makes sense.

Definitely don’t agree with the way he’s gone about everything though.

Morey is such a clown. He's like a cartoon character at this point. I love the report where he asked for Paul George straight up for Harden and was "shocked" they told him to pound salt.

I’ll give an example of Morey’s current shenanigans. Since Harden requested the trade, Morey’s asking price from the Clippers was two unprotected FRPs, one pick swap, expiring contracts, and Terance Mann. He would not budge until this week, when he agreed to remove one of the FRPs.

This is annoying because up until a few weeks ago, Jason Preston could have been included as one of the expiring contracts. The Clippers and Preston’s agent even agreed to extend the guarantee date for his contract to 10/1, so the Clippers could move him to another team, rather than outright waive him.

Before 10/1, the expiring deal package could have been Marcus Morris, Amir Coffey, and Preston. As it stands now, the Clippers would have to replace Preston with Brandon Boston or Coffey/Preston with Robert Covington or Nic Batum. The Clippers may have pulled the trigger on a deal with Preston. They’re less likely to part with Covington/Batum or Boston. And you have to wonder if Morey knows that and adjusted his asking price for the optics.

He does things out of spite, like signing Kelly Oubre, who is married to Harden’s ex.

I’ll never really understand leaving Brooklyn so quickly (unless it was as simple as he couldn’t stand Kyrie), but him leaving OKC had to be an incredibly easy decision. Leaving OKC probably netted him several hundreds of millions of dollars that he was never getting there because their ownership chose to pay Ibaka over him.

I think if Morey really did screw him over in Philly, him wanting out now makes sense.

Definitely don’t agree with the way he’s gone about everything though.

Theres a kind reading of that situation to Harden where he was tired of Kyrie messing around with the vaccine and he didnt want to have to deal with him anymore. You can go through each of the situations (thinking about it more, he didnt demand a trade or anything from OKC, right? He just wouldnt take their lowball offer) where he left and construct plausible reasons why he would want to leave, but a) it sure does seem to happen a lot, and B) the way he goes about things can leave you with a bad taste in your mouth

Harden is basically the Barkley of this generation except Barkley actually made the finals once. Otherwise they are exactly the same right down to being fat.

Harden is basically the Barkley of this generation except Barkley actually made the finals once. Otherwise they are exactly the same right down to being fat.

It wasn't as the #1 alpha on the team but Harden did make the finals. and lost to one of the greatest players of all time, to keep the analogy going.

It wasn't as the #1 alpha on the team but Harden did make the finals. and lost to one of the greatest players of all time, to keep the analogy going.
Basically the equivalent of a young Barkley losing to the champion Celtics in the 84 Conference finals with Moses and Julius.

Last edited:
Basically the equivalent of a young Barkley losing to the champion Celtics in the 84 Conference finals with Moses and Julius.

I was just looking at some of the OKC playoff stats from 2012, its very funny to see that in the 2012 finals James Harden played 164 minutes in 5 games, while Thabo Sefolosha was at 130 and Derek Fisher at 128.

How are they the same? not sure I follow?

I was just looking at some of the OKC playoff stats from 2012, its very funny to see that in the 2012 finals James Harden played 164 minutes in 5 games, while Thabo Sefolosha was at 130 and Derek Fisher at 128.
Nick Collison played 83 minutes. More than anyone off the Heat bench.

If I was GM and you wanted to trade me Harden, you would have to give me a lot of extras. Guy is all drama and will never win a big game.

How are they the same? not sure I follow?
It was mainly a joke, but they’re both fat and there was no love lost between he and city of Philly when he left after multiple disappointing seasons. Then you have he and Scottie Pippens feud after their Rockets aging Superteam flopped when Barkley got even fatter during the lockout leading to Pippen asking for a trade.

Nick Collison played 83 minutes. More than anyone off the Heat bench.
I always liked that guy. Started following him a little after he had a 23 rebound game against Texas in college. With the Sonics he averaged over 9 boards a year once. Nice 14 year career. And he was always pretty chill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom