2023-24 NBA Season | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Ten years in plus three more. He already sealed his legacy with a ring. He could possibly be statue worthy if he stays 15 years.

I kinda think he already is statue worthy?

As long as Giannis remains in the conversation for best player in the league, I think it's doable, but it's obviously going to get a lot more difficult as Middleton, Brook, and Lillard age out and it wouldn't be surprising if there comes a time where Giannis is in a similar position to what Lillard had in Portland, where he had to decide between playing on a real contender outside of his home team, or staying home and playing for a team that's a notch or two below contender status. I think getting to that point in a few years is probably the most likely scenario, but every time it's felt like Milwaukee may have hit their ceiling, Horst has found a way to upgrade the team in a significant way.

Would really be nice if Beauchamp or Andre Jackson turn out to be starting-caliber players lol, either to help replace some of the older guys or to be used as trade chips.

If there comes a day where Giannis does end up leaving, he's already given Milwaukee more than enough; I won't fault him at all. Definitely hope he's the rare player that stays with one team though.

That is really true. And good on ownership for going deep into the tax to make it work.

I have a semi hot take that Giannis isn't going to age super well. If we're sitting here in 2 years and he's only just the 7th best player in the league instead of the 2nd and everyone else is 2 years older, plus the second apron issues, I just don't know how they can keep adding. (They look to be over the second apron this year, probably next year but maybe they can duck it if they trade Portis or something?)

Few things, Morey cut this dude off from having inside info even tho he's a beat reporter so take this with a grain of salt.

Also, there is a massive difference between Evan Fournier and Julius Randle. So... which guys are going?

I'm not sure about this trade if you are the Knicks (my fave team). I guess you have to do it, but trading RJ and Randle is a lot different than Mitch Rob and Fournier, etc.

The tweet is weirded very strangely.

He almost definitely means RJ, Randle, and Mitch are the three "key" players, and Fournier is in for salary. So I would read that as Fournier plus 2 of the other 3.

All due respect to Dame, he never hit the heights that Giannis can. You all are in a great spot.

The East is you and Boston and then a massive drop off. I bet y'all will get one more before Giannis hangs it up at least and at that point you're just talking how highly ranked Giannis is of all time.
I hope so! I’m honestly just happy to have gotten one, especially with how incredible Giannis was and how good that series was overall.

Anything else we get from him is icing on the cake to me.

I kinda think he already is statue worthy?

That is really true. And good on ownership for going deep into the tax to make it work.

I have a semi hot take that Giannis isn't going to age super well. If we're sitting here in 2 years and he's only just the 7th best player in the league instead of the 2nd and everyone else is 2 years older, plus the second apron issues, I just don't know how they can keep adding. (They look to be over the second apron this year, probably next year but maybe they can duck it if they trade Portis or something?)
It feels like most people assume Giannis won’t age well. It’s definitely possible. I think his length, flexibility, and creativity getting to the rim will work for a long time even if he’s not posterizing everyone in a few years but it’s definitely possible that if that stuff fades away too much, he won’t be all that special anymore considering the shooting woes and hot and cold decision making.

The tweet is weirded very strangely.

He almost definitely means RJ, Randle, and Mitch are the three "key" players, and Fournier is in for salary. So I would read that as Fournier plus 2 of the other 3.

That's how I read it as well.

Man, I am an alter kocker. I was a yute in my 50s when LeBron played his first game in The Association. Time is whizzing by. Hope I make it to June to see him win another ring. As Bob Fosse would say, it’s showtime!

I'd be pissed if I was a Sixers fan and they made that trade. Need more than a couple draft picks for one of the game's greats. None of those four Knicks players are difference makers.
I can’t imagine the Sixers trading their star player to a division rival.

This is a pretty interesting redraft. nbarecappod on TikTok

Jazz really screwed up. They had Rudy Gobert about to get extended, could have had McDaniels or Bane, but, nah, gotsta get a 3rd string 5 with a game built for the 80s.

Well at least the Jazz hit a HR with Kessler as a part of the Gobert trade.
But I understand your point that it would have been nice to have a good role player for when they were competitive.

Well at least the Jazz hit a HR with Kessler as a part of the Gobert trade.
But I understand your point that it would have been nice to have a good role player for when they were competitive.
The maddening thing was the front office at the time was so disinterested in actually shoring up the team weaknesses. That draft pick was nonsense at the time, and in hindsight, an absolute dumpster fire.

I wonder if I get more basketball here than those in the States without NBA League Pass. The Canadian standard sports channels get all the Raptors, ESPN, TNT plus some local broadcast games that I think some may not get in the US (typically west coast games), but perhaps that is not the case.

For example on Wednesday I get 5 games.
Minnesota vs Toronto (Local)
Boston vs NY
Dallas vs San Antonio
Portland Vs Clippers
Sacramento vs Utah

Its enough for me without League Pass... although I do hope they show most of the San Antonio games. I'm hoping with SGA on OKC, they will pick up a fair amount of those games as the season goes on as well.

So the in season tournament starts next Friday already….Fascinating. I wonder if some of the veteran teams that have won titles will actually take it seriously.

If the NBA really wants to fix their regular season they should stop letting dudes who make 50 million dollars to play basketball pick and choose when they feel like showing up to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom