2023-24 NBA Season | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

I always liked that guy. Started following him a little after he had a 23 rebound game against Texas in college. With the Sonics he averaged over 9 boards a year once. Nice 14 year career. And he was always pretty chill.
He carved out a successful career as a role player. 60 million in career earnings. Not too shabby.

Assuming good health(seems to always be a concern with unusually tall guys and skinny guys), he’s going to make any “Scoot should go #1!” takes look insane. This guy is something else. The hype is justified.

Ok but remember that one summer league game? BUST!

Assuming good health(seems to always be a concern with unusually tall guys and skinny guys), he’s going to make any “Scoot should go #1!” takes look insane. This guy is something else. The hype is justified.

Were those takes out there?? Man.

I used the 3rd pick in the syrfan fantasy hoops league on Victor W. because YOLO and I regret nothing.

I also drafted Zion, who I do not like at all and am convinced is a bust, setting up a situation where either I'm wrong and he's huge for my fantasy team, or he's a bust and I can continue to crow about calling that.

That's a win-win, sports fans.

I used the 3rd pick in the syrfan fantasy hoops league on Victor W. because YOLO and I regret nothing.

I also drafted Zion, who I do not like at all and am convinced is a bust, setting up a situation where either I'm wrong and he's huge for my fantasy team, or he's a bust and I can continue to crow about calling that.

That's a win-win, sports fans.
What will be interesting is how much effect he will have on the success of the team and will he elevate the other players on his team.

I agree and I still say this is his last deal with the Bucks.
I continue to assume he’ll leave at some point just because it feels rare for a player to stay with one team, but there’s no real reason to think he’ll leave aside from that. The guy simply loves Milwaukee.

We’ll see if the wheels fall off as the core gets old but I wouldn’t put it past them to figure out ways to remain competitive as long as Giannis remains an elite player.

I'd be pissed if I was a Sixers fan and they made that trade. Need more than a couple draft picks for one of the game's greats. None of those four Knicks players are difference makers.

I continue to assume he’ll leave at some point just because it feels rare for a player to stay with one team, but there’s no real reason to think he’ll leave aside from that. The guy simply loves Milwaukee.

We’ll see if the wheels fall off as the core gets old but I wouldn’t put it past them to figure out ways to remain competitive as long as Giannis remains an elite player.

I really find it hard to imagine that in say, 3 years, they'll be a serious contender. (For this year and next year I think have a very legit chance to win a title. Much harder to say for sure after that) But to your point, by then Giannis will have been there for 12-13 years. That's a really long time to be with one team.

I really find it hard to imagine that in say, 3 years, they'll be a serious contender. (For this year and next year I think have a very legit chance to win a title. Much harder to say for sure after that) But to your point, by then Giannis will have been there for 12-13 years. That's a really long time to be with one team.
As long as Giannis remains in the conversation for best player in the league, I think it's doable, but it's obviously going to get a lot more difficult as Middleton, Brook, and Lillard age out and it wouldn't be surprising if there comes a time where Giannis is in a similar position to what Lillard had in Portland, where he had to decide between playing on a real contender outside of his home team, or staying home and playing for a team that's a notch or two below contender status. I think getting to that point in a few years is probably the most likely scenario, but every time it's felt like Milwaukee may have hit their ceiling, Horst has found a way to upgrade the team in a significant way.

Would really be nice if Beauchamp or Andre Jackson turn out to be starting-caliber players lol, either to help replace some of the older guys or to be used as trade chips.

If there comes a day where Giannis does end up leaving, he's already given Milwaukee more than enough; I won't fault him at all. Definitely hope he's the rare player that stays with one team though.

As long as Giannis remains in the conversation for best player in the league, I think it's doable, but it's obviously going to get a lot more difficult as Middleton, Brook, and Lillard age out and it wouldn't be surprising if there comes a time where Giannis is in a similar position to what Lillard had in Portland, where he had to decide between playing on a real contender outside of his home team, or staying home and playing for a team that's a notch or two below contender status. I think getting to that point in a few years is probably the most likely scenario, but every time it's felt like Milwaukee may have hit their ceiling, Horst has found a way to upgrade the team in a significant way.

Would really be nice if Beauchamp or Andre Jackson turn out to be starting-caliber players lol, either to help replace some of the older guys or to be used as trade chips.

If there comes a day where Giannis does end up leaving, he's already given Milwaukee more than enough; I won't fault him at all. Definitely hope he's the rare player that stays with one team though.
Ten years in plus three more. He already sealed his legacy with a ring. He could possibly be statue worthy if he stays 15 years.

All due respect to Dame, he never hit the heights that Giannis can. You all are in a great spot.

The East is you and Boston and then a massive drop off. I bet y'all will get one more before Giannis hangs it up at least and at that point you're just talking how highly ranked Giannis is of all time.

Few things, Morey cut this dude off from having inside info even tho he's a beat reporter so take this with a grain of salt.

Also, there is a massive difference between Evan Fournier and Julius Randle. So... which guys are going?

I'm not sure about this trade if you are the Knicks (my fave team). I guess you have to do it, but trading RJ and Randle is a lot different than Mitch Rob and Fournier, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom