2023-24 NBA Season | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Grizzlies might have had the worst eight man rotation I ever seen play in an NBA game tonight.

2 Vets (Kennard, Roddy)
6 Rookies
a) 1 2nd Round Pick Rookie
b) 5 undrafted Rookies (4 of which only have 17 games of NBA Experience entering tonight TOTAL!)

Look at this who's who
Luke Kennard
David Roddy
GG Jackson
Jacob Gilyard
Matt Hurt
Trey Jemison
Scottie Pippen Jr
Tosan Evbouwman

Last edited:
Grizzlies might have had the worst eight man rotation I ever seen play in an NBA game tonight.

2 Vets (Kennard, Roddy)
6 Rookies
a) 1 2nd Round Pick Rookie
b) 5 undrafted Rookies (4 of which only have 17 games of NBA Experience entering tonight TOTAL!)

Look at this who's who
Luke Kennard
David Roddy
GG Jackson
Jacob Gilyard
Matt Hurt
Trey Jemison
Scottie Pippen Jr
Tosan Evbouwman

As a follow up the Memphis Grizzlies injured list currently has 13 players on it.
They will be tanking hard - Problem is there are 4 teams that are excelling in losing this year and with 18 wins they are way ahead of them.

Has the NBA ever had 4 teams with 10 wins or less by the NBA All Star Break - some really terrible teams this year. Detroit 6-43, Washington 9-40, Charlotte 10-38, SAS 10-40... and Detroit wants to win!

PlayerTeamUpdateDescription
Santi AldamaMemphis GrizzliesSun, Feb 4, 2024Out (Tailbone) - Aldama is out for Sunday's (Feb. 4) game against Boston.
Desmond BaneMemphis GrizzliesSun, Jan 14, 2024Out (Ankle) - The Grizzlies announced that Bane has a left ankle sprain and will be re-evaluated in six weeks.
Brandon ClarkeMemphis GrizzliesWed, Dec 20, 2023Out (Achilles) - Clarke said he expects to make his season debut around the NBA All-Star break.
Jaren Jackson Jr.Memphis GrizzliesSat, Feb 3, 2024Out (Hip) - Jackson Jr. is OUT for Sunday's (Feb.4) game against Boston.
John KoncharMemphis GrizzliesSun, Feb 4, 2024Out (Calf) - Konchar is out for Sunday's (Feb. 4) game against Boston.
Jake LaRaviaMemphis GrizzliesSun, Jan 14, 2024Out (Ankle) - The Grizzlies announced that LaRavis has a Grade 2 high left ankle sprain and will be re-evaluated in three weeks.
Ja MorantMemphis GrizzliesMon, Jan 8, 2024Out For Season (Shoulder) - Grizzlies announced Ja Morant will undergo season-ending surgery on his shoulder.
Victor OladipoMemphis GrizzliesTue, Oct 24, 2023Out (Knee) - Oladipo is out while recovering from a left patellar tendon repair.
Derrick RoseMemphis GrizzliesSun, Feb 4, 2024Out (Hamstring) - Rose is out for Sunday's (Feb. 4) game against Boston.
Marcus SmartMemphis GrizzliesThu, Jan 11, 2024Out (Finger) - Smart suffered a severe right finger injury and will miss approximately six weeks, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Xavier Tillman Sr.Memphis GrizzliesSun, Feb 4, 2024Out (Knee) - Tillman Sr. is out for Sunday's (Feb. 4) game against Boston.
Vince Williams Jr.Memphis GrizzliesSun, Feb 4, 2024Out (Wrist) - Williams Jr. is out for Sunday's (Feb. 4) game against Boston.
Ziaire WilliamsMemphis GrizzliesSat, Feb 3, 2024Out (Hand) - Williams is OUT for Sunday's (Feb.4) game against Boston.

Assistant Coaches and Staff​

The Clippers are currently on their Grammy trip, aka the Road Trip From Hell. Started with the b2b in Toronto and Boston, then zigzagging to Cleveland, DC, and Detroit. Last leg is a b2b in Miami and Atlanta (a James Harden special).

Along with that, they won’t get more than a day off between games before the trade deadline. Meanwhile, the Lakers Grammy trip is shorter and easier, because of course it is. Can’t wait for the new arena.
Clippers went 6-1 on this trip. Harden is locked in, just two rebounds shy of a triple-double in each of the last two games. And he did this in Miami and Atlanta.

Lakers went 4-2 on their Grammy trip.

The Clippers are now the #1 seed in the West. While they will probably fall out of first tomorrow, because the schedule makers are trolls, it won’t be long until they’re back.

Yes, I’m going to be insufferable the second half of the season.

Last night, Clyde and Mike Breen celebrated 25 years broadcasting Knicks games.
Bill Bradley joined them for quite a while-
Clyde is a guy I really envy -how cool to have the life he's had, and to be able to enjoy a fun back-and-forth with a close teammate he won 2 NBA championships with over 50 years ago!

Last night, Clyde and Mike Breen celebrated 25 years broadcasting Knicks games.
Bill Bradley joined them for quite a while-
Clyde is a guy I really envy -how cool to have the life he's had, and to be able to enjoy a fun back-and-forth with a close teammate he won 2 NBA championships with over 50 years ago!
Clyde is the man. I'm on record in that I think he is the best player in franchise history and the most overlooked as well. He also is the franchise best color commentator. Not a bad double double.

As a follow up the Memphis Grizzlies injured list currently has 13 players on it.
They will be tanking hard - Problem is there are 4 teams that are excelling in losing this year and with 18 wins they are way ahead of them.

Has the NBA ever had 4 teams with 10 wins or less by the NBA All Star Break - some really terrible teams this year. Detroit 6-43, Washington 9-40, Charlotte 10-38, SAS 10-40... and Detroit wants to win!
Problem with tanking is this year's draft sux.

So who loses minutes here - Hart?

I assume Bojan takes Grimes' 20 minutes per game. I would assume Burks will eat in a little bit to Hart and McBride's minutes, but not much. I doubt he continues playing anywhere close to 20 mpg on this Knicks team (when fully heathy) like he was playing with Detroit.

Love this as a followup to the OG deal. The OG deal got the Knicks the best player and has clearly made them better, but it did limit their shot creation and bench scoring - at the time of the deal I said this was the one thing the Knicks would have to address to fully optimize, fix the losses from t he OG deal.

And this addresses that... at a very reasonable cost of Grimes and two 2nd rounders.

As for Detroit ... I suppose they could have got one of the Knicks "almost fake" first round picks instead -- namely the protected Detroit and Washington firsts, that will convey to 2nd's. But maybe the Pistons even realize where their own pick is heading!

Detroit is a mess.

Pistons just released their #7 pick from the 2021 Draft, Killian Hayes.

What a bust pick.

Problem with tanking is this year's draft sux.

It's not a strong draft by any means, but what else should Memphis do given all the injuries.
Season is lost, guys are legit hurt, might as well get the best pick you can.

Even if the draft sucks, there will still be a few gems, whether you are the lucky one to get him or not.

The Sixers have to fire Morey after the season. There’s nothing wrong with the Hield trade…except Morey could have made the same deal before the season as part of the Harden package. He’s petty and his priorities are out of whack.

I’m also amused that Marcus Morris couldn’t hang on with his hometown team.

Tread deadline ? More like trade dud-line

The Sixers have to fire Morey after the season. There’s nothing wrong with the Hield trade…except Morey could have made the same deal before the season as part of the Harden package. He’s petty and his priorities are out of whack.

I’m also amused that Marcus Morris couldn’t hang on with his hometown team.
It’s about time the rest of the world is catching on to what Houston fans have known for a long time. Morey was so overrated.

Tread deadline ? More like trade dud-line
Agreed, The media just hypes it up so much for content purposes, but it was really much to do about nothing. So many of the NBA podcasts and social media center themselves around player movement and trade machine type deals and when nothing much truly happens it's just a bunch of hot air.

They will wait a couple days and start hyping up the off season free agency and trade market stuff.

It’s about time the rest of the world is catching on to what Houston fans have known for a long time. Morey was so overrated.
Agree on Morey, what has he ever won while in a true leadership position

Today I realized the Lakers are the St. Louis Cardinals of basketball. The overhyping of acquisitions, sitting pat when they obviously need to make a move, holding onto problematic players for way too long, spending less than they should/could…it’s all out of the John Mozeliak playbook. Both teams should be sold.

Sticking with D’Angelo Russell is 100% on brand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom