2023-24 NBA Season | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

He is 100-1 in Betting Odds amongst 3 large operators..
How the heck am i projecting? Does everybody have agendas.

There are 3 candidates that are putting up huge statistical seasons on good teams. They are almost impossible to catch.
Because you’re clearly the over-sensitive one here. Step away from the keyboard.

Sure thing.
You started the whole thing - back to ignore you go.
Dude, it was gentle ribbing and you went to an extreme. Are you OK?

Luka is awesome but their mediocre with him. Denver is Denver and there is Joker fatigue/,bias (see Mark Jackson). Without SGA Oklahoma City is nowhere.

Speaking of undermanned, the Lakers beat the Celtics in Boston tonight without LeBron or AD.

(The Celtics only shot seven free throws. Seems legit.)
That and the Celtics playing P poor defense. Lakers had plenty of easy baskets simply beating Boston down the floor.

Bulls were finally on the verge of trading LaVine... and now he decides to have season ending foot surgery. Bulls shot themselves in the foot again. :rolleyes:

Guess I can't blame him... on not wanting to be traded to Detroit. :confused:

Luka is doing it with a mostly sham of a team. Jokic, Giannis and SGA have way better teams.

Kawhi is a beast.

Hope everyone is ready for a Knicks v Clippers NBA Finals.

They do have better team alongside them than Luka, but their teams are also doing way better than the Mavs as well. So I see it as more of a wash because of that, and not an advantage to Luka. But MVP voters like wins. I agree with your point that Milw, Den, OKC (probably) are play in level teams around .500. The Mavs with no Luka, and Kyrie missing 35 games, struggle to win 20.

Part of it is obviously pace and spacing related, but its fascinating to have 4 players putting up such great numbers in this era, and all having a very unique skillset and game.

I commented on Kawhi and the MVP enough earlier. It's not about him being a worse player especially come playoff time when he might be the best weapon in the entire league in a 7 game series if healthy. He is the best SF in the league - shooting 45% from 3 is ridiculous from anybody.

I don't know if you were being sly or not in suggesting the Knicks. But I don't think its ridiculous at all. All of the Celts, Sixers, Bucks have had playoff warts in recent years - mostly at the hands of the Heat. But the East is a crapshoot to me, and the Heat have shown you don't need a traditional Superstar to win the East.

I don't put the Knicks or the Cleveland Cavs much behind them. The Cavs have been playing great without Garland or Mobley for a while. They are both pretty dangerous if fully healthy.

Would love to see OG Anunoby contribute late into a playoff run. He was hurt in the 2019 Playoffs with the Raps. He was perhaps my favourite Rap, but he just didn't want to play there anymore, and it showed on the court with a lack of energy compared to the past. Glad to see he has been revived on a contender.

Bulls were finally on the verge of trading LaVine... and now he decides to have season ending foot surgery. Bulls shot themselves in the foot again. :rolleyes:

Guess I can't blame him... on not wanting to be traded to Detroit. :confused:

So is the report that the Pistons bailed on the trade after Lavine got injured?

I know the owner wants to improve ASAP (like this year) but the year is over. If he is making the deal it should be for next year anyway, and he should be happy Lavine is getting the surgery now.

I just dont understand the philosophy of trying to make the 6-42 team much better this season.

Luka is awesome but their mediocre with him. Denver is Denver and there is Joker fatigue/,bias (see Mark Jackson). Without SGA Oklahoma City is nowhere.

Interestingly the odds still have Jokic as the odds on favourite (-120).
I was surprised when I saw that because I know there tends to be voter fatigue as you noted in the MVP award.

I think I might lay a few bucks down on SGA.

So is the report that the Pistons bailed on the trade after Lavine got injured?

I know the owner wants to improve ASAP (like this year) but the year is over. If he is making the deal it should be for next year anyway, and he should be happy Lavine is getting the surgery now.

I just dont understand the philosophy of trying to make the 6-42 team much better this season.
It was supposedly mutual for the Bulls and LaVine to find a deal, and all signs were pointing to the Pistons (saw a few different variations of potential deals). Then Zach and his agency went and got a second opinion... and now are opting for season ending surgery (sounds like they may have decided without the Bulls).

Knicks look like SU since the 7 minute mark

The Knicks looked more like PU. Lakers defense messed ‘em up. And some pretty, pretty, pretty good offense.

Glad to see Christie getting more playing time. He’s gonna be getting even more.

Last edited:
Interestingly the odds still have Jokic as the odds on favourite (-120).
I was surprised when I saw that because I know there tends to be voter fatigue as you noted in the MVP award.

I think I might lay a few bucks down on SGA.

I would still go with Jokic. There's some voter fatigue, but that contributed to him not winning last year, then he wrecked everyone in the playoffs.

Annoying Knick game last night. Offense is really too shorthanded. Need some guys back

The Knicks looked more like PU. Lakers defense messed ‘em up. And some pretty, pretty, pretty good offense.

Glad to see Christie getting more playing time. He’s gonna be getting even more.

To quote Raheem Palmer of the Ringer, the Lakers took the Knicks "into the deep water and drowned them."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom